Search results

1. Raikkonen

Seeking Advice: Trails Near Hobart CBD

Hi legends, I've recently moved to Hobart, living in the CBD. I'm wondering what the best trails are, within 15-20 on ride from the CBD, I can shred on my enduro after work. Is knocklofty any good? I also believe there's some trails near Cascade brewery? I've seen some maps online, but there...
  2. Raikkonen

Front Wheel Sliding - Lysterfield

Hi legends, I've recently returned to mountain biking from a decade-long hiatus. I've been spending most of my riding time at Lysterfield. Two things i'm noticing. First, my front tyre is sliding on the sandy/fine-dirt corners more than I remember experiencing in the past. Is Lysterfield...
  3. Raikkonen

Inner tube size for 29x2.6" Tyres

Hi folks, This is obviously a noob question of the highest order, but I'm wanting to check what inner tube sizes are compatible with 29 x 2.6" tyres?
  4. Raikkonen

FOUND: 2019 Stumpjumper Comp Alloy 29er or 27.7 Large satin/black/flo red

WTB : 2019 Stumpjumper Comp Alloy 29er or 27.7 Large satin/black/flo red Location: VIC, NSW, or SA. EDIT: Found one!
  5. Raikkonen

Question re: Pedal Compatibility

Hi legends, Sorry for the noob question, but I'm just wanting to check whether the below pedals, Shimano XT M8040 Flat Pedals, will fit a 2019 Stumpjumper with the following crankset: RaceFace Aeffect, 24mm spindle, 170mm crankarm. I'm assuming they are quite easy to fit to the crankarm...
  6. Raikkonen

Tyre Advice for 27.5

Hi folks, I just bought my girlfriend a Giant ATX 27.5. It's currently fitted with 27.5 x 2.10 off-road tyres, but I want to get some touring tyres for around town. I'm wondering whether I can alter the width dimensions of the tyres. I'm currently looking at a set of 27.5 x 2.0. Cheers
  7. Raikkonen

Advice on what SPD shoes to go for

Hi all, Apologies in advance for the unknowledgeable questions here. I'm looking to buy some SPD shoes. All I really know is that they need to fit xt or xtr pedals. In my searches i'm seeing some that are clip in, and some that aren't. Can anyone explain the difference for me? I thought...
  8. Raikkonen

Back to MTB's after 10 years off - looking for trails in VIC & NSW

Hi all, I recently made the decision to take up the mountain bikes again after a 10 or so year absence. I used to ride XC regularly as a teenager, up until I left school. I just splashed out on a brand new 2013 Cannondale Scalpel 29er 3. I was looking at Giants, but was offered the...