Search results

1. K

$/kms

My roadie, which is being retired this week, has done 20,200 strava verified km. It was $2000 up front and I've probably spent that much again on tyres, tubes, cables, chains, services etc. At 20c/km, that's probably cheaper than the running costs of forester not even including purchase price.
  2. K

Yarra Trails regulars

I rode the trails for the first time today, with a bunch of guys on cx bikes. I have NFI where we were, but they were all pleased about some gigantic holes being filled. If these are the ones referred to above, your efforts are appreciated! If not, someone else's work is good!
  3. K

Confessions from the fuckwits

There's a much simpler explanation than a good shock...
  4. K

XC Open 1.0 (weenie mode engaged, now sub 9kg)

Updates: New seat post and saddle Treadlite off the front, rara on Pedals on the other bike Moved house, so new backdrop Still 9kg ready to ride, plus or minus a few grams
  5. K

Confessions from the fuckwits

I have had a db inline for 8 months. Today I was told, by someone correct, that I had been using the climb switch in reverse. I had been climbing in descend, and descending in climb. It's even marked on the little lever, I had just never looked. What a fuckwit.
  6. K

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rode Buxton. Great trails. I don't understand the people who drove out there from Melbourne (90 minutes each way) to ride their $8,000 bikes for one 25 minute lap. Hope old mate who ate shit on the descent and got an ambulance ride is ok.
  7. K

Rode lysterfield for the first time. Couldn't fathom why dudes take full blown dh rigs out to ride Aneurysm. Reckon I'll head back out on the hardtail to see how that goes, as the 150mm bike felt a bit sluggish through a lot of it. Really rate the CG track though, that was great fun.
  8. K

Am I in over my head?

Yes, knicks which suit your particular butt configuration and saddle will help (trust me, it's not one shape suits all!). Train hard for two weeks them take the week before super easy, just cruise rides with a few sprints to keep things ticking over but allowing the body to recover. Also worth...
  9. K

Went to Tekin Drank a beer Went home, lubed the chain Drank another beer
  10. K

Went one better and put a queen sized mattress under it. Storage unit is now full, hoping to empty it again soon into a house.
  11. K

Jerrabomberra trails

Park at the jerra shops, it's maybe 10 minutes ride at most and you can warm up.
  12. K

Put nearly all of the into storage until I find someone to live in Melbourne, some of which still have wheels back in Canberra OH, and notice the repaired norco front triangle? Took a long time to get done, but very pleased with the result. Now to build the bike back up how it was meant to be!
  13. K

Zaf's longest titled bike ever

That's an awesome solution, much better than the $5 you'd pay for something that does the same job on ebay. I've passed it on to my mate/mechanic who loves this kind of stuff.
  14. K

All Mountain Tyres

Wow, if my tyres were like that I'd be paranoid of rolling them off the rim at every corner! I'm not the smoothest rider of all time and I've been sending drops around 4 feet, so I'll probably trial it a bit longer and see how I go. Worst come to worst, I wanted new wheels anyway :D
  15. K

All Mountain Tyres

Has anyone else run Rubena tyres before? I've spent the day playing with the Highlander and found that ideal pressure to be about 19psi, which is a *lot* lower than I ran an HR2 on the same rim (25psi). Given I'm 80+kg, it makes me a bit nervous to use something that low but damn it feels good...
  16. K

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

Given that sports funding in Australia is driven by the likelihood of future gold medals, you are correct - it would be a shitload more important, because currently MTB gets the least funding of any type of cycling due to there only being two medals on offer, as opposed to 4 in road, two in BMX...
  17. K

Lame article in Financial Review

You'd think that, at least in the CBD, congestion should be decreasing based on the 50 trillion different ways you can now work (and measure work performance) without someone showing up to an office.
  18. K

DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

And PFP as well - yes it's XC, but she's current world champ in three different disciplines at the same time.
  19. K

All Mountain Tyres

Mounted up the Rubena Highlander 27.5 x 2.45 on the Norco. With the fairly narrow rims I'm running, they come in at a very rounded 2.3" Hmmmmmm.
  20. K

Giant XTC SL, Why 27.5?

This. PFP is the biggest outlier on two wheels at the moment, and I'm including Rachel when making that statement. Killing everyone for a year on one bike is hard, killing them in three completely different disciplines is MENTAL. On topic - it's interesting how short the head tubes are...