Search results

1. The Duckmeister

Snakes

From a lot of stuff I've read over the years, there hasn't ever been a confirmed death from a red-belly. Relatively low-toxicity venom and generally mild temperament mean that officially they're not considered dangerous to humans, although you can still get pretty crook on the off chance one...
  2. The Duckmeister

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Had the "pleasure" of driving the work ute to do a delivery today; Mazda BT50 turbo-diesel. Laggiest barge I have ever met, worse even than my old man's Toyota Hi-Ace van, and that's pretty laggy. And the bloody thing reminded me why I fucking hate auto transmissions.
  3. The Duckmeister

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Unfortunately I don;t think that's the model with automatic doors....
  4. The Duckmeister

Snakes

You must have done something to really piss it off, 'cos Red-Bellies are generally pretty placid critters.
  5. The Duckmeister

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Almost worse is that there are enough equally idiotic people sharing the one brain cell in Port Hedland to elect that dingbat onto Council....
  6. The Duckmeister

You laugh you lose

Fuck, the sewage treatment plant a couple of suburbs away from me, which is fed by half of Melbourne is less full of shit than Trumpy!
  7. The Duckmeister

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Wearing a mask does close to fuck-all for prevention of receiving an infection, its main effect is reduction of transmitting something you already have. If you pass through an infected exhalation from someone, it's going to stick to your mask that you keep breathing through, and eventually it...
  8. The Duckmeister

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

^^^ That pretty much sums up my voting approach; I start from the bottom with both majors, then work up to the least dislikeable candidate.
  9. The Duckmeister

"Novid" might have been a term I invented...; certainly a term I've used, and not seen anywhere else.... A few months before I got the proper 'vid, I caught some god-awful beast of a thing from one of the guys in my work team. Tested neg every time, but felt like shit for a few days, and could...
  10. The Duckmeister

A bloke from my yacht club had it (again) a couple of weeks ago, but it's basically just another version of the common "cold" (which doesn't have anything to do with cold weather or getting cold), which is not a single virus, it is caused by a bunch of several different viruses, most of which...
  11. The Duckmeister

Don't know the source, but a friend popped this cracker quote in his Farcebook feed yesterday.... “Minority government is pretty simple. It’s where the majority of voters don’t want you”
  12. The Duckmeister

Only the Libs? Inaccurate and misleading is par for course for politicrits of all stenches.
  13. The Duckmeister

You laugh you lose

Cue Mexican kid.
  14. The Duckmeister

The QUICK question thread.....

The fucking what? Can you write that in English pleae!
  15. The Duckmeister

RS Revelation ID and service help

The "trailhead" ID should tell you which service kit is required for that patricular fork. Rev, Reba and Sid models are all virtually identical internally, so if you track down the right vintage service doc for Reba/Sid you should be pretty well set; even a generation or two later will not be...
  16. The Duckmeister

The QUICK question thread.....

Somewhere around Boxing Day ...... :rolleyes:
  17. The Duckmeister

Little Things You Hate

Bludgers & Layabouts Federastion. Those knuckle-dragging troglodytes would protest and blockade any legislation or work contract that would require them to actually do any work, and anyone who did actually do any work was likely to have a lynch mob thrown at them.
  18. The Duckmeister

Whisky!

I have had that before. I like.
  19. The Duckmeister

You laugh you lose

It recently occurred to me that a nuclear-powered ship could be described as a fission boat....