Search results

1. K

Uber Brake Group Buy

I'm getting some pads from Uber Brake, I was going to do a group buy before the last site crash and then got side tracked. Saves on postage and potentially unit prices if you have common stuff. I'm getting Dominion A4 pads. Let me know what you want, I'll give you a total including shipping, you...
  2. K

2020 Optic headset bearings

I'm doing some work on a mates bike and it needs headset bearings. It's a 2020 Optic but I can't see a specific part number listed anywhere for it it. I assume it's just a generic bearing then?
  3. K

Melbourne Wheel Builder Recommendations

Hi gents, Astro used to look after my wheels but he's moved to QLD so now I'm looking for someone to build / fix wheels. Any recommendations?
  4. K

Ghetto carbon rim repair

Hello 'burners, My teenage son is a huckwit and has managed to crack a perfectly good carbon rim three days out from a race. Aparently 'a rock hit it' but anyone can see this is a combination of not enough tyre pressure and a significant shortfall in skill. Runs insersts I'm all for telling him...
  5. K

VIC SOLD Commencal Meta TR Medium 29

SOLD SOLD SOLD My son is selling his (my) Commencal Meta TR, he's grown out of it. Purchased as a frameset in late 2020 for Christmas and custom built for the young huckwit. It's done plenty of kms and just as many jumps. Heel rub on the chain stays and a bit of cable rub around the lower...
  6. K

VIC SOLD Banshee Paradox V3 Large Very Yellow

Item: Banshee Paradox V3 Large Location: Melbourne, I'd rather not ship it. Item condition description Excellent Reason for selling No need for a hard tail Price and price conditions $900 Extra Info: It's yellow Pictures Yes Since I couldn't sell this complete, it's now available as a frame...
  7. K

New Sled for Junior

My son is out growing his current bike which is a 2020 Meta TR with travel extension, it's been a good rig but he's outgrown the capabilities of a relatively short travel bike. This is also an excellent opportunity to bribe him into being more diligent with his home work and study; this will be...
  8. K

VIC 29er Tyres - Melbourne

Item full name and model: Not fussy, but they need to be 2.35 or 2.1 because they are going on Stan's Crest rims and I don't reckon your 2.6 DHF is going to fit. Something like the dreaded Cross Mark in 2.1 would be perfect. Location Melbourne please Item condition description Serviceable, more...
  9. K

Bike fix - COVID special

One of my sons mates wanted to get into riding and purchased a bike off FaceBalls. I don't know anything about Fuji's apart from that they are dead to me. The bike has always seemed a bit odd to me, a real mis match compent set and some clearly fake DT Swiss wheels. It had an X0 carbon rear mech...
  10. K

VIC SOLD Fox 32 1 1/8 steerer 15mm axle, comes with bike

Item: Giant 26 frame small Location: Melbourne, Warrandyte Item Condition: hucked but good for kids Reason for selling: no longer required Price and price conditions: $50? Extra Info: Has a decent fork Pictures: sure Incomplete 26 Giant Boulder (I think) bike which has gone through a few...
  11. K

VIC FOUND - Hope Pro 4 HG Driver Boost - will swap for microspline

Item full name and model etc. Hope Pro 4 HG Driver for boost hubs Location Melbourne Item condition description Not borked would great, micros spline driver has about 500 km on it Reason for selling (A lot of buyers will ask this so please provide a reason, even if its only to say that you need...
  12. K

VIC SOLD Works Angle Set EC44/49 1.5 degree

Item: works Angle head set, EC44/49 SET 3 1.5 DEGREE Location: Melbourne Item Condition: new, sad packaging but never fitted Reason for selling: not needed, bike it's for is long gone Price and price conditions: $50 Extra Info: nope Pictures: sure
  13. K

VIC SOLD - Shimano XTR chain rings 32T 12 speed

Item: 2 x Shimano XTR 32T chain rings suit 12 speed cranks Location: Melbourne Item Condition: near new Reason for selling: smaller Price and price conditions: $50 each Extra Info: super light weight Pictures: sure I've got two of these, will fit SLX and XT 12 speed shimano cranks. Nearly...
  14. K

FOUND: 29er Boost Fork 140mm

Item full name and model: Pike, Lyric, Fox 34 GRIP damper (Not FIT4) or DVO Diamond in Boost 140mm travel 42mm offset Location Melbourne Item condition description A mate is looking for a decent fork but doesn't want to pay the mad COVID prices. Ideally one of the forks listed above or perhaps a...
  15. K

Tweet Tweet

After the demise of my trail pistol it was new bike time. Nothing was in stock so I got a Bird Aether 9C. Looks pretty good on paper, I suppose we will see. I just need a dropper post and lever, but as usual stock is an issue. On the plus side I did find some one up bars, but had to be touched...
  16. K

Don't Buy a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol Carbon

I'm waiting for my new GG Trail Pistol to emerge from the Frame Maker 3000, lead time is 5-7 weeks and I'm at the end of week 5 now. I need to finalise a few last items on the spec list, suggestions appreciated. At this point I just need a stem, bars and tyres I reckon. I went with the powder...
  17. K

24mm crank set recommendations

Hi all, I'm looking for a set of alloy cranks with a 24mm axle for my new build. I would like something fairly light and reasonably priced to go with an XTR build. Clearly the answer is eeWings or XTR but the crack pipe pricing is strong with them. I'd love to snag some MT900 cranks but the...
  18. K

VIC SOLD - 2020 Norco Optic 29 Medium - Frame

Item: 2020 Norco Optic C1? (The purple XTR model) Medium frame, crank, shock and stem Location: Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs Item Condition: Great Reason for selling: New bike itch Price and price conditions: $2k Extra Info: See Below Pictures: Sure I bought this when they first came out in...
  19. K

M8 x.75mm tap or other suggestions

I'm finishing off my sons Commencal Meta TR Christmas Edition build at the moment and I can say that my loathing for French cars can also be applied to French bikes. Whoevered dreamed up the dropper post routing should be taken out the back and shot, I had to resort to the string and vacuum...
  20. K

Cheap Droppers

Talk to me about cheap not shit droppers. I'm finalising the build for the young huckwits Commencal Meta Christmas Edition but for the life of me can't make up my mind on a dropper. His current bike as a Brand X on it but the anodising has worn off the stanchion already and the remote is a...