Search results

1. slowmick

The digital life - backups, storage and recovery

Hi team, After 4 years of faithful service my mobile shut down one night and then never turned on again. After 2 weeks away with the repairers it came back unrepairable. Seems my phone stopped didn't fully back up before it died so now I am faced with sending it off to a data recovery company...
  2. slowmick

New frame or new bike?

Can someone point me in the right direction? My enduro has a crack in the frame and the current availability of bikes in the world I figure it's time to start looking for a new frame/bike as getting something may take quite some time or might require a a quick decision to purchase. I have a...
  3. slowmick

Trampolines

Evening Team, Seems we need a trampoline at our house. I've spent time looking and like most things there is a k-mart version and a boutique version. Can any one point me in the direction of what is required for many years of kid bouncing fun. I'm hoping to avoid the complementary trip to the...
  4. slowmick

2020 Trans NZ Enduro - Help!!!!

So I got into the Trans NZ Enduro next year. I've paid my money and now after watching more videos and head more blogs i am quietly shitting myself. (Hiding it from the wife). I thought about contacting all of the past participants by PM to ask for hints and tips for surviving and enjoying but...
  5. slowmick

Tyres for my sister's road bike

Ok team, i need help. My sister has a road bike that she rarely rides. Mostly because the tyres always seem to be flat and she has a pretty big fear of getting a flat while riding. I want to buy her new tubes and tyres so that she can go out and enjoy her bike. I've been looking through...
  6. slowmick

Andy's Fat Tyre Bike Lodge Mt Buller - No more....

Andy has announced that's he's closed up the bike lodges for good. http://www.andysfattyrebikelodge.com.au/ The same info appeared on facebook today. If you, like me, have enjoyed staying in the lodges over the last 6 years please let him know that he'll be missed. I wish him all the best...
  7. slowmick

First long weekend of spring - how will you spend it?

Exciting plans? Working so people can enjoy their exciting plans? Riding? Make me jealous. I will be working around the house while the good lady wife takes our daughter to her parents place for a week. Might get in sneaky pedal at some point if the weather is reasonable. Yes, I want...
  8. slowmick

Noob to downhill - need help with choosing a bike

Over the last couple of years i have made the effort to get out and ride my Specialized Enduro as it was intended. I raced 1½ season of the gravity enduro series in Victoria and really enjoyed it. But the carbon frame on my enduro died after doing it. I really enjoyed riding at Bright...
  9. slowmick

Cheap accommodation in Canberra and Wollongong

My band is doing a road trip next weekend playing in Canberra on Friday night and then Wollongong on Saturday before heading back to Melbourne on Sunday. There's 5 of us and gear on a 12 seater bus . Friday night is The Basement (2 Cohen St, Belconnen ACT 2617) and Saturday night is Corrimal...
  10. slowmick

Glenrock riders - keep a look out for the ladies

I have good friends who live in Newcastle and enjoy running and walking in the Glenrock State Park. This week my (female) friend share a post on facebook from the Hunter Women's Cycling page that someone had been assaulted. See post below (not greatest words). "Hello, I feel I need to give...
  11. slowmick

AM Special-ized #enduro v.3

Picked up the latest version of my bike last Friday night. With various set back it was at the shop for a couple of months. so far i have ridden it up and down the driveway and covered it in black pvc tape. Hoping to get to the You Yangs on Sunday. Frame – 2015 Specialized S-work...
  12. slowmick

Wasn't planning on going 1x but...

I need your help guys I am stumped. Put my enduro in for her annual service. During strip down problems were noted. Details sent to specialized, frame dead but will provide a new one under warranty. Problem no 26” frame. Ok agree to go 27.5 and get bike shop to order new fox forks (4+...
  13. slowmick

Gloves you're lovin

With lack of skill comes the need for gloves with knuckle protection glancing of trees and some padding in the palm for soft girly office work hands. Have been using Fox gloved but they seem to fall apart at the seams or the closures rip off. Is there quality to be found or should i just buy...
  14. slowmick

Body Armour Recommendations

Looking for peoples experiences with body armour/pressure suits. i am looking at buying a pressure suit to wear to do the Alpine Gravity Enduro series. i mostly need protection for one of my shoulders and from what i can see only on line only pressure suits offer this sort of protection...
  15. slowmick

What did you score or do for Father's Day

My sister picked me up this morning for a little shopping at Costco and a Coffee. Costco seemed to be full of people buying a lot of man related products. Car wash, power tools, bottles of Booze. The cafe was full of families of all shapes and sizes with a lot of bottle bags on tables and...
  16. slowmick

Carbon Bars - do you use them - are they good?

I run Easton bars on bike and renthals on another. Looking to get a second set of Renthal Fatbar Lite so that both bikes have the same width bars and they don't take getting used to each time I change bikes. when looking on line for them i came across what seemed like "cheap" carbon renthals...
  17. slowmick

Need to be fitter / less fat

I want to start training for the upcoming gravity enduro series as i'd like to be able to ride up the hills this year. But winter finally seems to have arrived in Melbourne and i am a wuss. So looking for suggestions as to what to do next. Option 1 - harden up and ride in the rain (means...
  18. slowmick

Setting fork sag for a dummy...

ok, i'm stuffed. i don't understand how to set the sag on my forks. i tried the suggested air pressure of 90 psi for my weight to start with and got almost no sag. i got down to 50 psi before i was getting the sag required. now i notice that i depends on how i get on the bike to cheekc...
  19. slowmick

Old Giro Remedy Question

I have a Giro Remedy that was made 09/06. i bought it from Anaconda at the start of 2007. The box has a sticker on it to say it was distributed by Pacific Brands. I probably have the receipt somewhere. They were the hire helmets at Mt Buller that year. This is I was planning to use it on...
  20. slowmick

Shuttle noob...

Got the go ahead to enter the Elevation Series as a last hurrah before the arrival of small humans. Made sure I signed up before approval was rescinded. I have never shuttled before. Reading the ads for downhill and all mountain bikes most include "has regular marks from shuttling". What...