Search results

1. slowmick

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Psylos made me realise that MTB was going to be expensive.
  2. slowmick

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Gives you a reason to dress up like Biggles.
  3. slowmick

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

My Psylos had self cleaning seals. One run down Mt Buller and all of the fluids from the inside were on the outside. It also had a rattle.
  4. slowmick

The QUICK question thread.....

Routed correctly though the derailleur? Can you "close" the derailleur by hand to get the gears and have slack cable?
  5. slowmick

The QUICK question thread.....

Yes, the tables for the springs suck. What stroke are you using? When I was looking for a spring it seemed I needed to go to the SLS springs or pick another brand to get a 65mm spring over 600 lb between 127 and 152mm long. It went in the too hard basket.
  6. slowmick

How many bikes is too many ?

that is a quick way to none bikes...
  7. slowmick

What does your day look like?

Spending the day singing Wichita Lineman @safreek?
  8. slowmick

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

I am an engineer. I've had my fair share of whacks for making mistakes. Always best to have a good relationship with the trades people - make their job no harder than absolutely necessary. When it all goes to poo they are the ones you have to ask nicely to fix it. Our old factory manager...
  9. slowmick

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

Please tell me you got the "engineer" out to the workshop and gave him the tape measure. just hook it on an pull sunshine.
  10. slowmick

Little Things You Hate

Along this section of road there are a crazy amount of fixed speed cameras and red light cameras. Pretty much every time you drive that section of road you will ses a camera flash. Late one night after a gig I saw a car speed away from me to catch the amber at intersection #1. They missed and...
  11. slowmick

VIC Tractor 36er m/l

That's cooool.
  12. slowmick

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

No using them to clean the gunk out of the seat tube or the bottom bracket shell. External use only.
  13. slowmick

Ebike Max Weight

If it anythign like e-scooters it will be a strength consideration but also a power consideration. The more you way the more power required to get you up the hill the more wear on everything. I am heavy enough that my sisters Segway e-scooter won't go up more than a very gentle incline.
  14. slowmick

You know you're getting old when ...

A mate runs a number of aquatic centres and is gutted by the safety rules @ public pools. He gets mountains of grief that the centres don't get young people through the doors. He argues that unless you can do dumb shit with your mates no young are going to have any interest in going to the...
  15. slowmick

Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

how long are you staying for and is it in good condition?- exposed aggregate concrete is "popular" and expensive. If you aren't staying long ignore it and leave it for the next people.
  16. slowmick

What does your day look like?

Looks like The Hulk on the tail gate but he seems to be wearing a questionable hat.
  17. slowmick

POS The selfie

I'm impressed he was scaffolding the story in the Bargain Buys thread is the lead up to the big day. Golf Clap for you Mr Poodle.
  18. slowmick

Live Music Thread

Got to see Infectious Grooves on Saturday Night. Was great to have Robert back with Mike. Am a massive Robert Fan Boi. LTIL: I got to be in a Ross Halfin Photo. Sure, I'm in the crowd but Ross was the main man talking cool photos when I was a teenager.
  19. slowmick

Shorts - The struggle is real

I will happily pay for a good sock that goes the distance. $20+ for socks that last 10 years seems reasonable.
  20. slowmick

Shorts - The struggle is real

Be careful team. I have heaps and love them - but. I have 10+ year old ones and some 3 year old ones. I got 10 pairs from Defeet via Amazon in 2021 are not the same as the old ones. They wore out really quickly. :( I will be looking at other options next time.