Search results

1. Drizz

Murdoch withdrew BskyB bid

This is not really big news in Aust but its massive news in the Anglo-American sphere. I have never seen the old fox so massively out-FOXed. I know he screwed up before (Buying Star TV and promptly have CCP rolled down the shutters, buying Myspace for $580m and than sold it for $35m, buying...
  2. Drizz

Not quite a poster child of responsible riding

Whats wrong with this picture? I am sure his hair is a key safety feature! Having said that props for him for being a good citizen living the life of an average Joe London.
  3. Drizz

SMH - is it up?

Is SMH up? Some poor IT guy going to have a fun at SMH.... Edit: Damn its back up.....
  4. Drizz

Inspirational quotes/phrases

I am preparing a speech at the moment, I like to find some insiprational phrases and quotes to wrap up my speech and I am kind of stumped for ideas. So if you have any that you know I would appreciate if you can share it with us. (Yes, I been googling for a while. Theres only so many Chinese...
  5. Drizz

2800 KM wildlife corridor over East Cost

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/2800km-coastal-route-for-wildlife-to-escape-warming/2007/02/23/1171734021093.html While standing in Starbuck waiting for my coffee, I was reading the SMH article on this. I was please that they are making an effort for conservation (so close to a state...
  6. Drizz

Tennis Idiocrasy (I mean Idiocy)

Refer to this.... Not a normally violent sport Tennis, I never knew that its a sport divided by ethnic lines? Or is this just a Melbourne thing? Anybody saw it?
  7. Drizz

Swinger 3 way Shocks eye Bushes

What: Swinger 3 way Shocks eye Bushes (I think thats what they called) Price range/Willing to Pay: Name a price. Location: Sydney Extra Info: around 12.5mm (Thats what the bike shop quoted.)
  8. Drizz

Pics in thread not previewing after sign in

Hi all. I am having problems with pics in Phat snap forum. Before the server move, I can preview the pics in people message after I sign in. Now after I sign in, I can only see the name of the pics, but I can only view it if I open on them one by one. I deleted all my cache file on IE6 and...
  9. Drizz

Is the world ready for a female president?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/clinton-may-run-for-white-house/2006/10/21/1160851171083.html After Bush (Snr), we have Clinton. And after Clinton, we see another Bush (Dubya). So after this Bush, will we see another Clinton? So how much you reckon Bill will influence Hillary when she...
  10. Drizz

60mm - 70mm stem

What: 60 - 70 mm stem for 25.4 bar. Price range/Willing to Pay: Cheapish, say around $60-$70 Location: Sydney Extra Info: Works with a EA50 low-rise bar and giant integrated headset. Prefered in good condition.
  11. Drizz

23 years for a crime you didn't commit.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/innocent-man-free-after-23-years/2006/07/20/1153166494221.html 23 years of your life wasted. In a way it reiterate the notion that its better for 99 guilty to walk free than one innocent suffer such faith.
  12. Drizz

Stolen bike bulletin board.

Hi all, just an idea. Rather than trawl through every threads and posts to see what bike is stolen at where, would it be more effective to have a “stolen bike” bulletin board? Basically what I proposing is like a missing person board, except in one page you can see a picture of the bike...
  13. Drizz

World Cup 2006 *Join the Farkin tipping comp!

It almost time, guess its good time to get a thread started. Anyone watch last night game? What do you think Australia's chances? (Or anybody else) Watched around 20 mins of the match. (10 mins end of first half and last 10 mins of the match) I think Australia was a bit unconvincing and...
  14. Drizz

Yet another scam thread

Hey all: This one is pretty interesting, thought I might share with you all. Been doing a bit of car shopping lately, and I saw this car advertised on carsales. Mazda 6 Luxury Email the guy to ask him about the car. here is his reply: Quick search on google reveal the scam has...
  15. Drizz

Problems with Rotorbolt.

Hi all: Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help on Rotorbolt, but none of the Farkin's video server seens to be not working. Videos are not coming up for me. :( :confused: Anyway, if this is the wrong place, please point me to the right direction. Cheers!
  16. Drizz

Not quite the Next "Karate Kid"

'Karate kids' rescued after Japan mountain quest TOKYO (Reuters) - Three Singaporeans were found safe on Thursday after getting lost on what they said was a mission to find a legendary karate expert on a snowy mountainside in Japan. One of the three men told police in Hirosaki, near the...
  17. Drizz

Sparrow Hill Or Majura Pines?

Hi guys: Me and a few of my mates are planning to spend a day in Canberra after a weekend at Thredbo. If we have to choose one track over the other which one will you choose? Majura or Sparrow Hill/Kowen forest? Please keep in mind that we have ridden neither of these places. cheers in...
  18. Drizz

VSU - Death of Uni life as we know it?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/family-vote-clears-way-for-uni-bill/2005/12/09/1134086806839.html Hi guys, this is dire news indeed! After months of thumb twiddling by senator Joyce on this act, the Family First senator turned around and passed this act. In my opinion this is very...
  19. Drizz

Bleeding Avids without Avid's bleed kit

Has anyone tried to bleed Juicy without the juicy bleed kit from Avid? I just did mine with a 5ml syringe and some dot 4 brake fluid. They feel ok after a brief test but I will hit it hard on the trails next week to see how it holds up. Cheers in advance. :cool:
  20. Drizz

06 Giant Reign 2 vs 06 Stumpjumper FSR 120

Hi all, just to see your opinion on these 2 bikes. Type of riding: Mostly XC on my hardtail. Would like to switch to an All mountain bike so I can start doing drops and other technical stuff. (3+ feet is what I am aiming for at the moment. Only been riding for a year and a bit :) ) I ride...