Search results

1. A

riding kit, protection etc costs!

I had worked out the cost off of the POC website but that seems to be wrong. I checked with amazon and it came out at $870, so thats much better. There doesnt seem to be anywhere in australia selling POC, atleast not that I can find. Meaning for POC atleast, online may be the only option.
  2. A

Ok so i'm not looking at doing any full on DH. More AM, super d/enduro style stuff and maybe some dirt jumping. I work for my Dad and its just the two of us. If im off injured, it hurts the business. This is my concern rather than personal income. That said I don't want to let such concerns hold...
  3. A

Thanks for the replies. Mountain biking will be replacing motorsport as cheaper and healthier hobby. Going fast and hard is what I like to do, I doubt I will find more sedate XC style riding satisfying. I accept that this carries a certain amount of risk, I'm just saying I want to be well...
  4. A

I will be getting into mountain biking shortly and i'm hoping to get into fast/aggressive trail, light dh and maybe some dirt jumping. It's been quite a while since I was a teenager and I take safety pretty seriously. I can't afford to be off work injured. I'd also enjoy the extra confidence...
  5. A

Too much bike for total noob?

I like your thinking guys, thanks for the replies. Ive actually started looking at the stumpy evo more favorably than the 29er. I think I will be more into aggressive trail and some dh than anything else. Anyways im going to test out a camber 29 and a yet to be determined 26 to decide.
  6. A

Oh, ok. My apologies. Thankyou.
  7. A

I don't mind whatever opinion anyone has. But his post added nothing constructive to this thread. Also I never told the LBS guy I intended to ride to work. I told him I had been look at a reign which is when he hinted that would be too much bike and started pushing the giant anthem.
  8. A

Sarcasm? Got something useful to add? My understanding is hardtail is lighter, more efficient pedaling and supposedly you will learn better skills by starting out with a hardtail. Full suspension bikes are more comfortable, more controllable and arguably more fun but obviously heavier and more...
  9. A

Thanks for all the replies guys. My primary reason for getting into this is for fitness and also I can no longer afford motor sports so i'm after something cheaper that will still provide a bit of a thrill. Coming from motor sport the cost of maintenance for mountain biking will be a welcome...
  10. A

Hi all, I've decided to get into mountain biking. I haven't ridden anything for 10 years, and back then I was pretty much just riding around town. I'll be selling an old project car to fund the purchase, so I get one chance to buy the the right bike, as it is unlikely I will save the amount...