Search results

1. 3

Rockshox via German online stores

Wow - ordered sram from bike24 in December checked now and the geo-block has kicked in. None of it better break too soon 'cause I won't be buying it again with this geo-block crap.
  2. 3

Press fit bottom bracket concern

Hi all thanks for the advice, went and installed it - will just have to see how it goes. Used PTFE grease as recommended, it threaded together nicely and torqued up so fingers crossed, had the bbt29 tool for install. You can feel how it grabs on the shoulders as it torqued up so hopefully it...
  3. 3

Thanks Duckmeister, would you worry about the Loctite or just screw it together and see how it goes?
  4. 3

Are you saying pressing in by hand isn't a crisis? Or just wanting to mention awesome feats of teenage strength? :nod:
  5. 3

Ok more testing, can actually hand press either cup in on either side of the frame, so either it is meant to be like that or something, something.... Will track down that thread and maybe some Loctite - thanks
  6. 3

But.. but... but... it was a bargain......:laugh: and I'm only mostly going broke building this thing... Anyway yeah it's a new frame and chide away :noidea: when the headset is harder to press on than the bottom bracket I'm thinking something is wrong unless the wheels BB is meant to be looser...
  7. 3

Hey, need some advice on this one please. Getting around to building up a new frame (first time) and not overly happy how loose the pressfit bottom bracket is. Purchased a wheels mfg bb92 thread together bottom bracket for sram gxp cranks to try and avoid pressfit problems like this...
  8. 3

Sram 11 speed cassette with Shimano derailleur - good or bad idea?

Thanks this is what I was wondering about - sounds good if you have no dramas and don't need to involve goat links...
  9. 3

Thanks - it's for a new build (which I havn't done before) so could have gone either way however picked up the sram cassette cheap so heading that way now. I seem to prefer the shimano shifters (and I'm not really amused by srams geo-blocking) so it will be a bit of mix with shimano shifter and...
  10. 3

Hey, Quick question is if it is a good idea to mix and match have a sram 11 speed cassette and looking to run an xt derailleur with xtr shifter - is this a good or bad idea? Found a thread on mtbr about it but that went on a fair bit and not sure if they are just fussy or what - also there...