Search results

1. Pastavore

VIC Found.

Item: Any model Shimano 10 speed MTB derailleur Location: Brunswick, Victoria or postage if cheap enough Price and price conditions: Cheap. Must be cheap. Or less if possible. Extra Info: To go on a kids bike to replace the rubbish they come with. Any model from deore up, middle or long...
  2. Pastavore

VIC Golden Triangle Epic 2015

Couldn't find a thread for this, hope I'm not just blind. So, who's in? Distances? And for any locals, the weather forecast is looking.........interesting. How do the trails hold up to some rain?
  3. Pastavore

VIC Found

Item: IS to 160mm post mount front brake adaptor Location: Melbourne, but postage would be fine in an envelope Price range/Willing to Pay: ?Under $10? Extra Info: Not fussy on brand or colour or condition, just needs to be the right adaptor.
  4. Pastavore

VIC Found

Item: 26" Rock shox SID 2000-2007ish model Location: Melbourne would be good, but post could work. Price range/Willing to Pay: Not a lot, but fair :) Extra Info: Not fussy at all about cosmetics but must be in reasonable condition. Looking for a fork for 9yo's 24" bike, and apparently...
  5. Pastavore

Spelling tips for Mountain Bikers.

A "puncher" is someone who performs the act of punching. A "puncture" is an air leak from a pneumatic tyre system. "Decent" means of an acceptable standard. "Descent" means going down. As in mountain biking. The other type of going down is "cunnilingus". "Break" refers to rendering...
  6. Pastavore

VIC Found

Item: 24" hardtail MTB for my daughter. Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: A surprisingly large amount.... Extra Info: She's 9yo, too big for the 20" Giant, too small for a 26". Most of the 24" MTBs out there are shit. Bolt up axles, crappy gripshift, coil forks that weigh a...
  7. Pastavore

Are my forks forked?

I ride a ?2009 Trek Paragon I bought second hand, it has Fox F29 100mm forks on it. Had them apart for an oil change today, and the stanchion on the air side looks pretty ordinary, the gold finish is worn through and are some vertical marks that match the pattern of the bushing. Also, despite...
  8. Pastavore

Blatant profiteering in trading section

The story begins here in NUTTRs garage sale thread, a nice bargain SLX crankset is listed. A number of people express a wish to buy the cranks in the thread. ChopSticks PMs and arranges to buy the cranks. For $30 I understand (someone else will remember the exact price). The same cranks...
  9. Pastavore

VIC Found

Item: Pro2Evo QR end cap for front wheel. Location: Vic, but postage should be fine Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than CRC or wiggle? Extra Info: Got a nice wheel for a good price on evilbay, but it has through axle end caps. I have QR forks so............. Happy to swap I suppose if...
  10. Pastavore

Pasta's high country adventures

Just spent a good week staying with family up at Dinner Plain. In my mind, I am a hard core, back country bikepacking adventurer. The reality is quite a bit tamer. Anyhoo, had big plans of big rides on remote tracks. Sort of achieved. First long ride went down Dinner Plain track, then...
  11. Pastavore

VIC 29er tubeless wheelset. QR front and rear.

Item: 29er tubeless wheelset. QR front and rear. Location: Melbourne. May be prepared to pay postage if overall price is right. Price range/Willing to Pay: Wiggle has brand new crests on hopes for $500, so less than that. Extra Info: My current wheelset does not play well tubeless, and I...
  12. Pastavore

Jockey Wheels

So I put a spare x9 10 speed derailleur on my son's bike, lot's of weird noises and chain skipping type issues, turns out the bottom jockey wheel is completely munted. Got a big crack through it, teeth waaaaaaay worn, and it is running at a strange out of perpendicular angle. Have looked for...
  13. Pastavore

VIC Double Cross

Anyone else doing the Double Cross event tomorrow? Not really an XC race, I know, but I suspect a few may be racing. I will be there, riding a 29er very slowly. PLanning on giving the Thunder Burts their first hit out, hope it's not too muddy.
  14. Pastavore

So I'm going to Canberra................

Planning a trip to Canberra in the school holidays. Floriade is on at the time, and while flowers are nice, and pretty.............fuck that! Tell me where I need to ride! So far on the list: Stromlo Kowen forest Centenary trail Bruce Ridge Jerrabomberra Majura For my needs, I am XC rider...
  15. Pastavore

2014 XC world champs

Absalon. Amazing. Really enjoyed that race, watching Schurter and Absalon side by side up the climb. The BMX section downhill. Anyone know what happened to Dan Mc? Saw him get a puncture early, and then he is listed as a DNF?
  16. Pastavore

VIC Cheap parts for son's first 26" bike.

Looking for parts to put together a reasonable 26" hardtail for my son. Frame and some components already sorted, looking for a few major pieces. Will add more items as I remember stuff. Item: 26" straight 1"1/8 air suspension fork. No more than 100mm travel. Disc brake. QR preferred...
  17. Pastavore

Fox f29 G2 oil volumes

So I have pulled apart my Fox F29 G2 forks to replace the oil and seals, all going well until I look up the oil volume table on the fox site. I bought the bike second hand, don't know what year it is. Problem is depending on year and type, it either takes 30ml or 160 ml in the damper side. Any...
  18. Pastavore

Urgent!!! One of OUR Mods needs your help!!!!

Most of you will know Dozer, an honourable fairhanded, knockabout Aussie mountainbiker who moderates on Rotorburn. What you may not know is that Dozer is suffering persecution at the hands of his bogun Neighbours. On a daily basis he is exposed to appalling personal hygiene, bad driving...
  19. Pastavore

Comm games MTB on now

Heads up on Channel 1, XC MTB. Aussies should do well, interested to see what the course looks like.
  20. Pastavore

Skill development research

Found this via the Sweat Science blog by Alex Hutchinson. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/fitness/can-positivity-make-you-a-better-runner/article17616189/ It's about running economy, interestingly runners in the study become more efficient when told that they are...