Search results

1. Live2DieTrying

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Hexlock is a great idea. Long time Manitou fan here. Love my Dorado, and can't beat the Circus for value/performance. I'm just wondering why go with a nut instead of an end bolt on the axle. I've never had an mtb fork with a thru axle that required a socket to remove the axle... Preload bolt...
  2. Live2DieTrying

I'm not digging the NUT on the end of the axle. Should have gone with a little end bolt like so many other forks over the years. Also, only 2 (M6?) Bolts holding on the axle castings, and no visible knurling on the bottom of the stanchion to resist the vasting twisting against the stanchion. And...
  3. Live2DieTrying

Fork Oil questions and queries.

Check on the Check on that damper leg soon. Grip damper circulates the oil, so your fox5wt is going to mix with your motorex 2.5wt.
  4. Live2DieTrying

NSW Stans No Tubes 26 Inch 32H Rims. NOS

I don't "need" these, but I sure do want them. I FInally got a pair of these last year, but pretty keen on another set... I'll send through a PM.
  5. Live2DieTrying

Fox 40 rc2 damper

I have an old 26" 40 sitting here unused, but it's the original style with rebound on top. Good internals, with scratched stanchions.
  6. Live2DieTrying

NSW Found

That seems like an odd size for an old frame. Do you mean 8.75 x 2.75 ?
  7. Live2DieTrying

Servicing older model Fox Float Forks

The motorex has a very similar CST and will likely perform better. The fox 10wt / silkolene rsf 10 is much more suited to use inside sealed dampers, and less suited for lowers lubrication. It seems to have been an odd choice by fox to use it in their open bath dampers. I'd say if you already...
  8. Live2DieTrying

I would say that hole is supposed to be there. Probably a bleed hole to help some oil bypass the base valve on high speed hits where it would normally spike. Open bath dampers will always foam the oil to some degree. That oil looks bad. You may want to disassemble the damper to clean out all of...
  9. Live2DieTrying

Oil change on fox O/B forks are easy. -Undo the top caps, drain oil. -Undo foot nuts. Tap loose spring and damper rod from lowers. -Drop the lowers and remove the damper. (+ float assembly to grease the piston seal) -Pump the damper up and down a bunch of times to drain out all the oil inside...
  10. Live2DieTrying

The German

How high off the ground are your grips? That's got to be some kind of record.
  11. Live2DieTrying

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

I know a guy who owns a Lobo. He got it from Rob Eva in the early 2000's. Every time I see him I ask if he's ready to sell, but he is still not willing to let it go This one is near the top of my dream old DH bikes for sure!
  12. Live2DieTrying

STOLEN Stolen Zerode Katipo - Boronia, Victoria.

I'm in Upwey and will keep an eye out for it in my travels around the hills
  13. Live2DieTrying

Twin tube means the damper body is made from 2 tubes, 1 inside the other. Allowing a 'circulating' oil path through the shock/fork damper. TPC (twin piston cartridge) is the seperation of rebound/compression into 2 seperate valves/pistons. Although some TPC designs use a 'midvalve' on the back...
  14. Live2DieTrying

VIC The raddest bike ever made could be yours...

Poodle, you should just buy it already. They have a pretty low top tube and a straight seat tube, so you will make it work with slammed seat or short dropper, and wish you had bought it months ago.
  15. Live2DieTrying

Looks like a skinny air shock with a coil over the top. Its layout is closer to a typical air shock than coil. ButI don't understand how it is "twin-tube" with only 1 tube around the main piston
  16. Live2DieTrying

Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Although they had it listed wrong, who buys a dorado (or any DH fork for that matter) thinking it's got a 15mm axle? 1 cross check before purchase would have confirmed it's 20mm, as they have been for every Dorado ever. I hope you got a 20mm wheel for it rather than using that forkmods kit.
  17. Live2DieTrying

XC Miniature On One Inbred

Cool little hardtail you have there. My wife has a green one with horizontal dropouts ( was going to be mine, but I wanted to run more than 120mm fork ) And I have a 456evo2 which was an unexpected ebay auction win. I preferred it over the Cotic BFE that I had only just acquired and given a...
  18. Live2DieTrying

TAS Marzocchi fork parts

I'll take the 35mm seals. pm incoming
  19. Live2DieTrying

2008 RS Reba Motion Control stopped working after lower leg service

Also worth checking the MoCo assembly if you are doing the damper fluid. Removing the base valve and checking the little plastic tab has not twisted or snapped off. This is a common issue with early MoCo dampers
  20. Live2DieTrying

Is that a factory or aftermarket crown? I saw that on the Gamux DH bikes a few weeks ago on pinkbike, but couldn't see it on manitou's website