Search results

1. early1

Kids Balance Bikes

tThe commencal balance bikes are pretty boss.
  2. early1

Trails in Portugal

Hello you magnificent bastards! Im heading to Portugal for a couple of weeks, and keen to get some riding in. Anyone have any first hand experience of riding there? Particularly in the south (within striking distance of Lisbon). I know there is a bit of DH about, but looking for more general...
  3. early1

When bullshitting the wife backfires....

I'm with you johnny. Good advice!
  4. early1

When bullshitting the wife backfires....

So my front brake is getting a bit spongey - not un-rideable - just needs a bit of pumping. Just means I can't go as hard. It needs a bleed. Simple. I just need to buy a bleed kit. So I tell the wife my brakes are shot and I need to spend the dosh on the tools to fix them. She agrees...
  5. early1

Will an Avid bleed kit work?

Awesome. Thanks for the offer John, but think ill just pop down and buy an Avid kit and be done with it. Much appreciated.
  6. early1

Will an Avid bleed kit work?

I have a set of formula brakes on my commencal, which desperately need a bleed. I haven't found a formula specific bleed kit, but am told an Avid bleed kit is compatible. Anyone know for sure?
  7. early1

Post your all mountain bike

My Commencal Meta 55 Frame: 2010 VIP Fork: manitou minute 160 mm Shock : fox RP23 Brakes: formula oro Hope hubs Race face 785 bars SRAM x9 drivetrain Black spire chain rings Haven't had it long, but am loving myself sick on it.
  8. early1

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Fitted new 785mm Raceface bars, new stem ans KS dropper post. Also some new tyres and cassette, the baby is like brand new!
  9. early1

NSW SOLD SOLD SOLDClassic Santa Cruz Nomad for sale PRICE DROP $1600 + SIX SIX ONE DH LID

Would you consider shipping this to Melbourne? And how old is the frame? Cheers
  10. early1

Are the cheap La Pierre's from china legit?

Keep seeing these 2012 La Pierre x-flows on eBay. They are cheap, and look 'real'. They are posted from China. Seem too good to be true. Has anyone taken the plunge on one?
  11. early1

First 100km ride

Am training for around the bay in a day (130km), and did my first 100km ride today. Was looping all around the Dandenongs, 2500m of climbing. Ave speed 23km, am feeling totally faaarked. Anyone else training for this ride?
  12. early1

Smashed up face

I guess it's more AM style. 140mm travel bike, like going down.
  13. early1

Smashed up face

Thanks for the responses people. Had surgery today, nose broken in 3 places with one piece separated. Multiple stitches in lip and bridge of nose. Now have tubes wired in both nostrils for 3 weeks. Such fun. The crash wasn't particularly heroic either. After many years riding, this is by far...
  14. early1

Smashed up face

Went nicely over the bars today, which resulted in breaking my nose in 3 places, and stitches holding my lip together. Knocked me around a bit. Is wearing a full-face helmet ridiculous for general trail riding?
  15. early1

Lysty - too wet?

Ive been out 3 times this week, it is soooo good! No more dust, grippy corners, leaf litter washed away.... Very fast riding, just what the place needed. Enjoy!
  16. early1

Gloves

Stick with the MTB gloves all the way, they work well and look hard!
  17. early1

El cheapo wheel sets on eBay

Thanks guys. I found some heavily discounted nukeproof wheels. Hopefully these should do the job!
  18. early1

El cheapo wheel sets on eBay

Destroyed some wheels at mt buller this weekend, and need a cheap set to see me through until funds for a quality pair become available. I saw some on eBay, power rims with quando red hubs, bladed spokes for $100, also a set of RLC wheels for $120. Has anyone used these? How bad are they...
  19. early1

Post your Roadie

^^^^^^^^^^ Bloody hell, that bike is total HORN
  20. early1

Dear Santa

A ticket to Moab