Search results

1. NCR600

Old School Boxxer (2000) Oil Level and Weight?

G'day all...Long time no post. Any of you oldies remember what oil level and weight is the starting point for setting up 2000 Boxxers (You know the drill, springs out, fork compressed, measurement in millimetres from the top of the stanchion) It's DHD heavy springs if it matters, or you care. I...
  2. NCR600

Houston, we have a problem...

Gobshite Titanic singer dies I've been waiting a long time to use that joke.
  3. NCR600

Things To Do/See in Tasmania

Got a trip planned in March/April next year. All I want to do is drive around the old Longford Motor Racing Circuit, get on it at the Longford Pub, See the Mona Gallery and look at Shipstern's Bluff... I might also want to catch some heavy bands and do some tourist stuff. What's good to look...
  4. NCR600

Digital SLR Advice- Nikon D90. Now Looking for Lens Advice

I'm looking at buying my first Digital SLR after finding the limits of my point 'n' shoot too many times and being too tight to pay for actual film for my ancient SLR's. Due to certain constraints (which I won't go into here) I'm stuck purchasing from a shop which only carries Nikon and...
  5. NCR600

Lower Back Pain

A fit or fitness issue? I've only been road cycling for a few months now, mostly along the M7 to build up some fitness for more serious tasks ahead. After 45 minutes or so the pain in my lower back is unbearable and I have to stop, get off, stretch and continue on. 10 minutes or so later I...
  6. NCR600

PAGE 666 of Off Topic

Hail Satan!
  7. NCR600

Monster Session 2010 MS Benefit.

I'm not one for spamming causes on the internet, but if you're going to raise money for a great cause like Multiple Sclerosis, you might as well put on a massive rock show featuring some of Sydney's best loved bands from the 90's to attract a paying crowd. Last year's show was awesome, and was...
  8. NCR600

Roadies for Big Blokes.

Evenin' all! Been looking at a few options for my long anticipated return to cycling, and would like to get some opinions on road frames for big guys. I stand 6'3" tall and weigh 123kg, and I'm not really looking at dropping any of that anytime soon, but I want to burn some fat and get out in...
  9. NCR600

Bombay Sapphire 1 litre

Anyone know where (in Sydney) I can pick up a bottle at short notice? Can I buy from a duty free shop if I'm not leaving the country? Sorry for the very lame thread, but I need one urgently to replace one I had an, err, "accident" with, and can't find one in a bottle-o. Cheers, drunks!
  10. NCR600

The same hipsters that ruined music are now ruining cycling.

I wasn't sure if I should post this rant from Decibel magazine in the fixie thread or here. Bernie Romanowski of Cable decries hipsters in a rant of awesomeness http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=321893 And here's me thinking of building myself one. I'm always late to the...
  11. NCR600

Driving the Nullarbor

Anyone done it? I've got to get to a wedding in Perth on the 5th of July, and stupidly would like to drive myself and my lady-friend across the country instead of taking the soft option and flying. I figure I can do it comfortably in 4 days, but I'm prepared to take longer if needs be. I'm...
  12. NCR600

39 Years Ago (Metalheads Look Here)

On Friday 13th of February 1970, Black Sabbath released their self titled debut album. While it's possibly not the birth of Heavy Metal, nor the first time the phrase was coined, today marks the release of what is probably the most significant record in the development of metal as we know it...
  13. NCR600

Intense Interview with Doc Dart (The Crucif*cks)

By Sam McPheeters from Born Against. Some people here will know who I'm talking about, but those that don't should read it anyway. It's some very good journalism, and better than anything you'll read in the papers this weekend...
  14. NCR600

Lyrik Caliper Mounts

Are they the same as the mounts on old Psylo Tullio's (2002/3ish)? I hope so, because I don't really want to have to buy a new caliper half for my Hope M4's. And does anyone have an opinion on them for my FRM125 big man all mountain project? Cheers, brainy folks!
  15. NCR600

Barak Hussein Obama is not...

1) A Muslim 2) A Terrorist 3) The first black President of The You Ess of Eh. Probably Interesting huh?
  16. NCR600

Spreadsheet Help Please (linking drop down boxes)

Trying to write up a spreadsheet and it's driving me mental. I need to have a drop down list, the contents of which are affected by the selection made in another drop down list. Say I had 4 records, and listed them to appear in a drop down box, how could I make a second drop down box that...
  17. NCR600

Eurovision 2008

Let me say right now that I have no idea who actually won, and nor do I care, but Finland should be crowned all time champions of Eurovision for trying to win with Power Metal! http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3_mdk26Ea1I Surely Spain were taking the piss with this cheeky number, which is not...
  18. NCR600

Mechanics, defend your trade!

2 weeks ago I managed to run over a tiedown ratchet from the side of a semi trailer (couldn't swerve, I was in heavy traffic) and the bastard punched a hole in the transmission case. "No worries" I thought, I paid my responsible 35 year old's insurance premium 4 days previous, I'll call 'em...
  19. NCR600

Ku-Ring-Gai Recreational Trails

How come these have not been mentioned here yet? Ok, they're well groomed fireroads for the most part, but they've got steep down (and up) hills with monster water bars, a couple of tight rock strewn corners that are interesting at speed (especially on an XC bike with bald Pythons pumped up...
  20. NCR600

Burning Issues

Not of the kind that might send you to a clap clinic. I'm having some problems burning CD's from iTunes. They play ok in the computer, and on most CD machines I have lying around, but not in the car (box-stock Holden CD player) I know they should play in the car, because CD's burnt from my...