Search results

1. NCR600

Old School Boxxer (2000) Oil Level and Weight?

Cheers Moorey!
  2. NCR600

Old School Boxxer (2000) Oil Level and Weight?

G'day all...Long time no post. Any of you oldies remember what oil level and weight is the starting point for setting up 2000 Boxxers (You know the drill, springs out, fork compressed, measurement in millimetres from the top of the stanchion) It's DHD heavy springs if it matters, or you care. I...
  3. NCR600

Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

I think he made 4 or 5 of them up until the early 50's. Pretty much completely hand made. To say it was made by a 19 year old in a shed is a little disingenuous though, he did have a mill and a lathe. And obviously some mighty skills, and probably a good teacher! There is surprisingly little...
  4. NCR600

Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

I wonder if these champions of the Modern Cafe Racer Resurgence Movement realise that the term "Cafe Racer" was originally coined as an insult?
  5. NCR600

Home Brew

First foray into filtering & Polyclar VT. I'd say it's working! Red IIPA. 97 IBU, 8.5%abv Warrior, Simcoe, Amarillo
  6. NCR600

Four more years

I don't see what any of that has to do with living off the grid. You live within a 20 minute drive of the coast. So what, 90% of the Australian population live within an hour of the coast. You work from home? You are probably more reliant on "The Grid" than someone who drives an hour each way to...
  7. NCR600

Four more years

Where? Which countries? Who has an implanted RFID chip? Post sources please. Real ones, not the tinfoil hat sites google brings up for this stuff.
  8. NCR600

Little Things You Love

Well, that's actually former Deep Purple bass man & backing vocals Glenn(nnn...nnn) Hughes on that one, but I get your point! The sad fact is that almost any other iteration of Black Sabbath would be a better bet than one with Ozzy at this point in time. There was some noise a while back, just...
  9. NCR600

Little Things You Hate

I've found sticking the head of the razor in a glass filled with peanut oil works a treat for keeping a keen edge. I shave my whole head 3 times a week and a cartridge easily lasts a month now. Used to be lucky to get 2 weeks out of one leaving it exposed. That being said, I'll probably migrate...
  10. NCR600

Little Things You Love

I'm really torn about this. I can't see how they'll be able to top the Heaven and Hell tour with Dio and Vinnie Appice. Ozzy has proven time and time again he's not up to performing live and I don't want fucking Sharon to make any money from me. I have a nasty feeling it'll be a trainwreck. On...
  11. NCR600

Top 10 albums of all time

You reckon? I think it'd be lucky to get into the top 5,000 of all time. Ginger Elvis (Josh Homme) has been on a couple of easy top 50 albums (Blues for the Red Sun and Welcome to Sky Valley) but he's just a never-will-be playing with another NWB and a has-been on that record. I normally have a...
  12. NCR600

Top 10 albums of all time

Top ten albums I actually listen to as of today, in no particular order. Goatsnake 'I' (one) Pelican 'Australasia' High on Fire 'The Art of Self Defense' High on Fire 'Surrounded by Thieves' Raw Radar War '==' Goatsnake ' Dog Days' (EP) Om 'Conference of the Birds' Solace ' The Black Black'...
  13. NCR600

Decent beer in a can?

There are plenty of canned craft beers available in the 'States, but bugger all of them are available out here. http://www.cnbc.com/id/48826990/The_Man_Who_Made_Canned_Craft_Beer_Cool When you say "Charter" business, what are you talking, fishing charters, or fancy pants deck shoe yacht...
  14. NCR600

Little Things You Hate

No, it's just you. And women, obviously.
  15. NCR600

LAMs approved bike for a tall rider

Pretty much every motorcycle ever made in the last 25 years is made for someone about 5'5" tall, the theory being a small person can ride a small bike, a tall person can ride a small bike (uncomfortably) but a small person cannot ride a large bike at all. If you want a road bike, you're better...
  16. NCR600

Little Things You Love

Alex Zanardi is a bit of a hero of mine. This guy is starting to get into Douglas Bader's territory now
  17. NCR600

The Lucky Country

Agreed. We use far too many Americanisims these days. Like the word "critters", to pick an example completely at random.
  18. NCR600

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Funny you should say this. I live quite close to a spot on the Northern Beaches that is popular with spearfishermen. The missus has been threatening to buy some snorkelling gear so she can poke around when I'm surfing, but I've been thinking about doing some snorkelling and spearfishing myself...
  19. NCR600

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Right, it's been a little while since I've been active in this thread, or indeed the gym due to a combo of a full on work schedule, lower back issues and a nasty bout of tendonitis in the left elbow I think is due to doing full ROM narrow grip chins. I'm really suffering from a severe lack of...
  20. NCR600

Dash board camera for the car/mbike?

Personally, as a 125kg, 6 foot three level headed man, I live for these moments. Interested in a dash cam myself, but I would prefer a dual system that records out the front and back of the car. It would have been helpful recently where a bus pulled over to pick up passengers and couldn't be...