Search results

1. silentbutdeadly

Swag at an MTB event... what's your preference?

As someone who is tagged in my local community as 'one of those flx3dyting cyclists' I have been asked for specific feedback on a long running community cycling event. And given how specific the question is...I'm going to ask Rotorburn as well. The event is a annual community MTB ride that...
  2. silentbutdeadly

Broken Hill Multi Event weekend in July

http://www.bhmtb.asn.au/files/Multi%20Event%20Poster%202017%20FNAL.pdf If anyone fancies a bit of something different then take advantage of the hospitality of our mates in Broken Hill on July 15th and 16th. This event is quite special. Hill climb, xc 1 lap time trial and xc race. If you can...
  3. silentbutdeadly

2016 Coomealla 3 Hour Enduro, Sunday 18th September

Righto thanks to the Coomealla Club we have some decent prize money (Men and Women get same!) and thanks to some enterprising clubbies we have some trophies...so now we have to have a race. Want to come? It'll be on Sunday 18th September at the Coomealla Mountainless Mountain Bike Park near...
  4. silentbutdeadly

Crank Brothers wheel rebuild...another option.

At least an option that doesn't involve scrap metal... Some years ago I succumbed to a combination of ignorance, illusions of bling and CRC's stock dumping policy to acquire a late 1st generation CB Cobalt 29er wheelset for the XC bike. Turned out to be not a shit wheelset for my needs. The...
  5. silentbutdeadly

Making flat country more...interesting

The Mountainless Mountain Bike Club has been underway for a decade or so now. We have our MTB park set up and going thanks to the Coomealla Club at Dareton in far south west NSW. Until recently we have relied on the vagaries of our naturally flat terrain to supplement the pedal fest that is...
  6. silentbutdeadly

The Glories of the Maxle V2

The story begins when I scored a Rock Shox fork from a fellow 'Burner. Despite said person being of an overly careful nature (though not quite as careful perhaps as the original owner of the fork)...the original first version of the Maxle that the fork came with was not in great shape. Any...
  7. silentbutdeadly

Canyon are officially coming to Oz

their 2016 range is due to land by the end of the year http://cyclingiq.com/2015/07/29/canyon-bicycles-enters-australianz-market/
  8. silentbutdeadly

2015 Coomie 3hr 'Enduro'

It's an enduro in the old sense of the word...more endurance than enduro. If you think you have the legs to thrash pedals and weave through Black Box trees and saltbush for three hours at speed then good luck to you...I don't. I ride slowly and carefully. If you fancy doing otherwise and find...
  9. silentbutdeadly

MTB equivalent of The Walking Dead

This morning I chose to kill ten minutes at the tip shop between appointments. And this piece of shit caught my eye... Technically, it still goes despite both hubs being internally stuffed, the fork fitted backwards and the lack of a headset, working brakes and sliding drop outs. Other...
  10. silentbutdeadly

Grateful but underwhelmed

I've noted recently in a couple of places here that I cracked my alloy Anthem 29er...one of the bright shiny 2011 models. Well today I got Giant's response...a quite spanking 2015 Anthem Advanced frame. Carbon front end and alloy swing arm. Bloody nice and as good a demonstration as anything as...
  11. silentbutdeadly

Broken Hill 3hr Enduro - Sunday 16th July 2015

I'll put this here for my good friends at the Broken Hill Mountain Bike Club. Their feature race is their annual 3hr Enduro which they run on a combination of their Golf Club Track and Nine Mile Extension which when stuffed together is known as the Super Loop. It is happening on Sunday 16th...
  12. silentbutdeadly

Cycle Sports UK is gone?

It appears that Cycle Sports UK is offline and not answering phone calls since earlier this month...anyone know anything as to their current condition?
  13. silentbutdeadly

Anyone got three weeks and at least a grand to spare in May 2015?

The Westpac Helicopter mob in NSW are seeking EOIs for three week MTB event from Camerons Corner (NW of Tibooburra) to Tamworth... http://www.rescuehelicopter.com.au/events/2015-ride-for-the-chopper-camerons-corner-expressions-of-interest I have no interest in the event (well I am...
  14. silentbutdeadly

Is there anything more useless than...?

...a male Gen Y tradie with a vacuum cleaner? New air con fitted so there's plaster dust liberally sprinkled everywhere. Said person has used our vacuum cleaner merely to render the illusion (mostly it seems to himself) that he has cleaned up after himself after the install. What he's...
  15. silentbutdeadly

A query for the fully rigid...

As a recent convert to fully rigid MTB I have learnt many things...mostly about myself and my softness but there's the odd few about bike handling that have been a hoot. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it! However, I have noticed that, with the relatively low torques involved in headset...
  16. silentbutdeadly

Spent a weekend pleasant...

...up in Broken Hill. Burners may not be aware that many regional centres in the country boast their own MTB trail networks that are managed by a tiny group of typically under appreciated nutters and they are often well worth a visit if you happen to be passing through. And after the weekend...
  17. silentbutdeadly

Hope headset crown race and carbon fork steerers

Have had a issue with the Hope headset on the cross bike. I've just swapped the original alloy steerer fork out for a new Kinesis PureCX straight steerer full carbon fork. One of beaut things about Hope headsets is the split crown race which makes both removal and fitment to a fork an...
  18. silentbutdeadly

VIC Coomealla-Mildura Mountainless Bike Club 3hr Enduro 2014 21st September 2014

It'd be nice to see some 'Burners at the annual pedal fest that is our 3hr Enduro. It's not like we are completely out of the way - even Google Maps knows where our trailhead is! Only 3.5 hours from Adelaide and 6 hours from Melbourne...surely some of you would like to see the world and...
  19. silentbutdeadly

Clutches aren't all equal?

I've got three clutched derailleurs, each of them different. Zee, XT and X9. None of them perform in quite the same way and I'm surprised to say that the XT is not performing to the standard set by the other two. It seems that the clutches are all set with a different resistance because only the...
  20. silentbutdeadly

Coomealla Rd2 Summer Series 02022014

I wasn't racing due to child minding duties...but we could take photos. Shortened short track this morning due to the rather hot weather. ...one of the post race advantages to having a riverside track on a hot day...