Search results

1. Bryce88

NSW Sold

Item: 10 speed Zee rear derailleur m640 + 2x chainrings and bolts Location: Orange NSW Item Condition: Used, but in perfect working condition. Some chain rub as seen in photos. New Deckas 34t chain ring Used Raceface 32t chain ring and bolts Reason for selling: Excess to my needs and I don't...
  2. Bryce88

Bushwalking in the Blue Mountains

Hi all, My partner and I are looking to do some bushwalking tomorrow (Anzac Day) in the Blue Mountains. We are both pretty fit and looking to do a 2-3 hour hike. I have kind of narrowed my search down to 2 tracks which are the Grand Canyon Walk (4.5km) and National Pass (6km). Both take...
  3. Bryce88

Who rides in storms?

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are of riding in storms? Is it a no no? Yes, I have rode in storms before but only by accident when the weather has caught me out. But right now I'm looking outside and it's sprinkling with rain, there is the sound of thunder off in the distance and it has...
  4. Bryce88

Narrow wide chain rings

Hi all, I am am currently looking at upgrading my 32t NW chain ring to something bigger. I have 2 questions. 1. Should I upgrade to a 34t or 36t? I am not sure how much difference there is, but I often find myself in the highest gear and still needing to shift. Also, I am never in granny gear...
  5. Bryce88

Sold SOLD

Item: Giant Reign 1 2012 Large Location: Orange NSW 2800 Item Condition: Used condition, no major damage or dents, just a few cosmetic scratches here and there (see pics). Reason for selling: Treated myself to a new bike for making it to 30 with my sanity mostly intact. Price and price...
  6. Bryce88

Anyone ride a Reid?

I am just about to pull the trigger and buy a Polygon Siskiu T8 (currently $2800 plus a small fee for delivery to the country). But just wondering before I do, has anyone had any experience with Reid bikes? Specifically their VICE FS 3.0. Alot cheaper (yes, less spec'd and slightly heavier)...
  7. Bryce88

Will a new bike make me ride?

Hi everyone... it's been a long time since I've posted here. I am a born again newbie. Long story short, I live 5 minutes from my local tracks, yet have only accessed them twice in 12 months. It is (my excuses) because of a variety of reasons such as studying at university full time, working...
  8. Bryce88

Home gym versus Commercial gym

Hi all, My gym time is struggling due to family/university/work commitments and I need some advice...please. My gym sessions are now so sporadic and sparse I am considering cancelling my membership all together (saving me about $1,200 a year). I am probably lucky to get to the gym 2 - 3...
  9. Bryce88

Adding gears to Dirt Jumper? Haro Steel Reserve 1.2

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to add gears to a Dirt Jumper? I was hoping to somehow turn it into a 3x1 or 1x7 or something. There are no mounts on the bike so it would probably be quite difficult. It is my sons bike. He loves it and does well riding single...
  10. Bryce88

Training a dog for trails

Hi all, Today I adopted an 11 week old border collie cross kelpie from the RSPCA (he was apparently left for dead on the side of the road). He's a super energetic little bugger and I would love to take him out as a trail dog as so many of you guys already do! My question is, where do I start...
  11. Bryce88

Laptop/notebook/tablet for Uni?

It has taken me 10 years since leaving school to decide to go to Uni. Yay for procrastination. Just wondering what fellow Uni goers use for notes/essays etc. I am basically looking for a small netbook/laptop to do interweb browsing, research, essays etc and would like some suggestions? I have a...
  12. Bryce88

wireless earphones for gym

Hi all, I am having the worst of luck with earphones at the gym. One earbud always stops working, wires at the plug side come loose etc etc. I am thinking maybe some bluetooth earphones are the way to go to prevent this drama from happening again. I would love some suggestions? Subtle...
  13. Bryce88

DJ suggestions - entry level

Hi all, Firstly, sorry for doubling up a little bit with posts (I've asked other questions on here for guidance and it has landed me here). I would like to buy my step-son (10 years old) a dirt jumper style bike (as he likes this frame type). This is where I need some suggestions...
  14. Bryce88

NSW WTB: Dirt jumper.

Item: Dirt jumper Location: Orange NSW 2800 Item Condition: Used, good condition, no more than a few years old. Price and price conditions: Negotiable - but no more than $600ish. Pick up/meet within 2 hours drive of Orange NSW 2800. Extra Info: My step-son would like a dirt jumper type bike...
  15. Bryce88

DJ bike for 10 year old?

Hi all, My step-son has expressed an interest in doing some riding with me on our local trails, and I am hoping some of you burners can share some wisdom as I am at a loss as to what type of mountain bike suits a 10 year old. He is pretty average height, maybe 150cm, but I am not sure if I...
  16. Bryce88

NSW Please remove

Withdrawn. Apologies. Circumstances have changed.
  17. Bryce88

Switch to Polygon Siskiu, or stick with what I have?

Hi all, Currently I ride a 2012 Giant Reign and it has served me well, however I am thinking I want a bit of a change and have stumbled across the Polygon Siskiu D8. I have included a spec list below - I am happy with the specs and the price, but I am not very familiar with the frame or...
  18. Bryce88

bike suggestions - changing out from AM.

Hi all, I am in search of a new bike, I currently have a 2012 Giant Reign 1 and it has been fantastic - however I have found my riding style has changed over the past couple of years and feel that a XC/Trail bike would be more suitable for my style of riding. Basically I was hoping I could get...
  19. Bryce88

Split routine vs Full body circuits

Hey all, Looking for some advice/tips.... Due to growing family/work commitments my gym sessions have dwindled to about 3x 30 minute workouts a week. So my current split routine no longer fits into this limited time. I was thinking that I may need to switch to full body workouts...
  20. Bryce88

Hub help

G'day all, Towards the end of my ride today I noticed a grinding noise coming from the back wheel. On closer inspection I realised that the noise only happened when I was free-wheeling and stopped when I was pedalling. So from that I figured this is a free hub issue? It's a Shimano M525 10...