Search results

1. P

New Bike Day Imminent - Release the Pinions

I've got no experience other than a little window shopping, but I reckon Cavalerie out of France look pretty tasty. They use Effigear though...
  2. P

Which tyres do you prefer and why

@slimjim1 Re Ride Sports: Have you bought from them recently? I've been tempted by their Hutchinson tyres but was put off by the many stories of them failing to deliver. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  3. P

ACT Wanted - 29er fork, w/ straight steerer

G'day Damo666, Are you still looking for a fork? I have a Fox F29, 100mm, QR with straight steerer sitting in my shed. It's in good nick and I'm in Canberra. Let me know if you are keen... Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  4. P

SOLD - TLD 'Ace' Shorts, 34, Black

SOLD Item: Troy Lee Designs "Ace" shorts, Size 34, Black Location: Canberra Item Condition: Good used condition. There are a couple of loose threads on the butt seam. I'd be happy to stitch them up for you before posting if you like. Otherwise it would be a very easy repair. Reason for...
  5. P

SOLD - NEW Dakine 8-track DH/FR shorts, Green, XL

SOLD. Item: Dakine 8-track shorts, XL Item Condition: New with tags Location: Downer, Canberra Reason for selling: Not needed Price and price conditions: $SOLD including postage within Australia Measurements: Waist laid flat is 48cm (there are velcro side tabs to adjust fit), Outseam...
  6. P

SOLD - 2012 Kona Supreme Operator - Large - As new $2900 PRICE DROP!

Bumping again. Ridiculously low price for a bike with a very high end spec.
  7. P

2012 Kona Supreme Operator - Large - As new $2900 PRICE DROP! Bump. Price drop.
  8. P

2012 Kona Supreme Operator - Large - As new $2900 PRICE DROP! Bump. Bump. Bump.
  9. P

Price Drop Now asking $2900. Bargain!
  10. P

2012 Kona Supreme Operator - Large Bump it up!
  11. P

SOLD Rotorburners, I'm selling my Kona Supreme Operator, Large frame after badly breaking my arm a couple of weeks ago. The bike is about as close to brand new as you are ever going to get if buying used. It has done one very easy club race at Kowen in Canberra, about 6 pushed laps of...
  12. P

Racing Ralph + big hole + Stans, should I replace

Seam Grip I've had good success fixing big holes in all manner of tyres with glue called Seam Grip. You can get it at camping/outdoor shops. For sidewall tears you can stitch back up with heavy thread and then coat with the glue. For punctures that are just slightly too big to seal up with...
  13. P

Brooks Swallow Ti Saddle *SOLD*

Price drop Will take $150.
  14. P

Brooks Swallow Ti Saddle *SOLD*

SOLD Item: Brooks Swallow saddle with titanium frame and rails, Brown Location: Canberra Item Condition: Very good used condition Reason for selling: Just not comfy enough for me on long rides Price and price conditions: $150, will post anywhere at buyer's expense. Extra Info: Complete...
  15. P

*SOLD* XT m780 Shifters (2012)

Sold. That's all folks... Item: Shimano Deore XT Dyna-Sys SL-m780 shifters for 2x10 or 3x10 drivetrains. Location: Canberra, will post anywhere in Oz for $5 Item Condition: Used about 5 times. Good as new. Reason for selling: Couldn't get them to sit well with my brakes so swapped them...
  16. P

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

As others have said, inflating them with a tube first to straighten out the bead is a good idea. Also, check the inside of the rim for anything on the bead hooks that could be preventing a tight fit. A while back, Stans rims were known to have a little build up of weld slag at the joint that...
  17. P

tall guys please - riding position. is XL really necessary?

Big units need a big unit I reckon you're best off choosing frame sizes based on top tube length in the usual way. Don't be put off if the bike looks big - you are pretty tall after all! A big frame won't make much difference at all to being top heavy - that's mostly determined by bb height and...
  18. P

Shiny Black Market Mob

G'day Jono, Just wondering how tall you are and what length cranks you are/were using when you were having trouble with feet hitting wheels? I just bought one of the lucky last Mobs (they are going cheap at chainos right now) and am about to build it up. I'm 6'4" and got the 22.5" frame. I was...
  19. P

That time of year... the snakes are out!!

Ha har. This is a great thread. My closest (and funniest) encounter was on the commute home on the bike path a couple of years ago. Was travelling with some speed and came around a corner to see a brown on the path. I hesitated for a moment as I tried to decide whether to bunny hop it or...
  20. P

Protection - knee and elbow?

Some of the 'soft' armour is getting pretty good. Light, comfortable, flexible and offer good protection. I've been using POC VPD and Race Face Ambush pads and am impressed. They are great for AM riding and burley XC and it sounds like you could be a good candidate for similar gear. Riding with...