2. Mattyp

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

/end thread.
  3. Mattyp

When they stay in 1 piece
  4. Mattyp

A new generation Norco Fluid would be my choice, short travel but modern geo means it will do just about anything you can throw at it...They are very well priced new and I imagine even better if you can find one second hand. Light tyres will make for a very capable trail/xc bike, chuck some...
  5. Mattyp

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

You should do this data collating, acquisition and presentation for a job.
  6. Mattyp

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

For 20k a Stark Varg is the only sensible option . 80horsepower not nM.. Torque? Yes... All of it... 938nM.
  7. Mattyp

Electric Vehicles etc

Instead of using and justifying use of 4wd have you tried just sending it through the mud? I had a KE Laser, mannnn that thing went some places...only once it needed a nudge with a bullbar from a mates Disco when it got beached on the chassis rails.
  8. Mattyp

Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

I like how they centered the laser to the stem...or not.
  9. Mattyp

Bargain buys thread

You can run SRAM derailleur on Shimano cassettes, with whatever chain you feel like...12 speed is 12 speed despite what marketing tells you. Even compatible with each other's shifters. I prefer the shifting and clutch of the X01 over Shimano XT, but XT cassettes are great for the price.
  10. Mattyp

Bargain buys thread

Throw your perfectly good x01 cable derailleurs this way please.
  11. Mattyp

Little Things You Hate

The last time I bought a knife, it was about 4 months ago, it was off Amazon, it was a Machete, and I had it delivered and left on my front doorstep within 12hours for about $60... I passed on the free Balaclava to one of the local kids.
  12. Mattyp

Poor Mans Disc Facing Tool

Just use a flat fine-cut file across both post mounts and gently draw file the paint off whilst keeping the file flat and making sure it's on both posts at the same time. *I take no responsibility for your inability to use a file carefully
  13. Mattyp

Little Things You Hate

Fify
  14. Mattyp

Little Things You Hate

Jesus Christ @Stredda, careful with the religion talk you'll upset someone.
  15. Mattyp

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

So about the pace of an old Celica, nice :p
  16. Mattyp

International Pedal clearance - all flats

Why not? all that shit is made in china anyway...
  17. Mattyp

2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

So if you can somehow magically teleport your internet to NZ, i can confirm that the Staylive stream works. Watched some of the XCC and a skipped through a bit of the XCO this morning. It did seem to go a bit out of sync towards the end though, not sure if that was because I was also Casting it...
  18. Mattyp

It looks like they have some cool forest to work with...
  19. Mattyp

Never heard of it, but looks like it's mostly an Enduro trail Network. There's about 300m of usable elevation looking at the trail map.