Search results

1. K

Knee pad suggestions

My knee's will thank me for it later on, plus better options out there. Not missing out on anything.
  2. K

Knee pad suggestions

Not bad, however, I would not buy protective gear if it hasn't been CE certified and tested for impact protection. Most knee pads are, but a lot aren't. I wouldn't buy a helmet that wasn't tested and certified.
  3. K

Chain reaction cycles

I've ordered a fair few things recently from CRC. My last purchase was last week, I placed my order on Friday, recieved it on Wed. I bought a stand a couple of weeks ago, recieved it in 3 days, that was over the Xmas period. The only shipping method I use is DHL Express and have not been let...
  4. K

Öhlins Inverted Downhill Fork

I have to agree with other posters that the fork does look wimpy. In contrast, my stratos S8 with ohlins cartridge has more presence about it, it's the beefiest fork I"ve come across, and tallest. As for plushness, I've had or tested boxxers, dorado's, 40s, 888, DH3 etc etc. Nothing comes close...
  5. K

GT Using a Zero Degree Stem

It's the same deal with the IT-1, the rear triangle on that does resemble the IT-1 a lot.
  6. K

Thompson Stems?

It sounds like you are the idiotic one, you get one broken ITM, one broken easton and hundred of thomsons. I'm not saying nor have I said that every single stem will fail you fool, it's a manufacturing problem. You are pissed that I made you aware, I wouldn't expect that many failures from a...
  7. K

Thompson Stems?

LMFAO, you do understand the basic principle of research right? http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/cracked-thomson-stem-564429.html http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-458531.html...
  8. K

Thompson Stems?

Ok, forget about giant or whatever branded stems. How many broken Azonic stems have you come across or read about, or Easton, or Pro?
  9. K

Anyone know this rider?

Well said, I could not agree with you more. All those who ride around without spares, I tend to wonder if they drive around without a spare tyre, it equates to the same thing as not carrying a spare tube.
  10. K

Thompson Stems?

This is what I call arrogance, good luck to you.
  11. K

Thompson Stems?

No, broken faceplates is not something you see often, unless it's thomson. It's not logic, its fact, do some research.
  12. K

Thompson Stems?

My opinion is to avoid Thomson stems. Having a stem fail while riding could be fatal. A lot of people talking bs here. Overtightening should not crack faceplates unless it was poorly designed. If overtightening was the cause, then I should have a boxfull of broken stems, hell I never used to...
  13. K

2013 Turner DHR

I agree, the first time I saw the DHR, it reminded me of the Giant DH Team/Comp series.
  14. K

Electric Downhiller! Kinda cool I thought!

It's 53 kg!!! What use are the cranks?
  15. K

Gt it1

That blue IT1 could of been a color option in Europe, not really sure. I have seen a fair few grey 2007 both here and os. I've only ever seen a blue pic of the IT1 at interbike.
  16. K

Gt it1

I'm not really sure if they did, my mate bought it from os. Seeing as though GT only made 200 IT1's in 2006 and 100 in 2007, its unlikely. I've only seen the 06 versions in Australia.
  17. K

Gt it1

The 2006 IT1 was specced with Fox suspension, for 2007 GT went with Marzocchi suspension.
  18. K

Gt it1

The first thing you notice is that it's quiet, when shifting, when ploughing through rough stuff. Shifting is seamless, the gears mesh rather than shift, so its instantaneous. I haven't had a lot of time on the bike, mainly putting it together, adjusting and what not. My mates IT1 (Marz...
  19. K

Gt it1

Here's a pic of my mates IT1 as well. Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  20. K

Gt it1

Thanks mate, I added the specs.