Search results

1. M

Repairable Write Off

Am looking at buying a repairable write off and thought I would ask the brains trust their thoughts for what this means. I think the top one is mechanical engine no start and the bottom one is battery but have no idea on the middle? The car was a stolen recovered car so I assume the top one is...
  2. M

Friction Stays - Engineering advice

Someone here might be able to help me figure out what I am after. I have something that weighs about 200-300g that I want to lift and lower vertically about 40-60mm and have it hold it's position at any height it's stopped at. I want to mount the strut vertically but most gas strut dampers I...
  3. M

Where to find snow gear bargains?

Just wondering where people get snow gear from during these black friday sales. Thanks MAS
  4. M

What happens with all the batteries?

Ebiking has taken off, the school is packed with electric scooters, and electric cars are apparently x1000000 more environmentally friendly. I think I read somewhere that Giant and maybe Tesla would take their old batteries back but that still doesn't explain what they do with them/if they can...
  5. M

Rotator Cuff Torn

Pretty sure I did mine last year and feel like it's getting worse. A little reading online suggests physio can help but surgery is the only real fix. If anyone has torn it did you just live with it or get surgery? What were costs and recovery time like? Cheers MAS
  6. M

Revgrips and SQlab bars

Was doing some long descents on the weekend and got terrible hand pain by the end. Started looking at oneup carbon bars and going back to ESI grips but came across revgrips and sqlab bars. The revvgrips float above the bars and are very expensive but reviews for them are very positive. The...
  7. M

QLD ks rage i dropper 170mm 30.9 sold

Item: ks rage i dropper 170mm 30.9 Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Very good. Lever is an old used one. Reason for selling: Just too long for my frame Price and price conditions: $150 Pictures:
  8. M

QLD SOLD Marzocchi Z1 coil 29 170mm 200mm steerer

Item: Marzocchi Z1 coil 29 set at 170mm with Green Coil and 200mm steerer Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Used, had lowers service with new seals, small scratches damper side behind the arch Price and price conditions: $500 Reason for selling: Replaced Extra Info: Gold knob removed and...
  9. M

Moving to the Sunshine Coast

Hey Ho, End of the year our family is moving up to the sunshine coast to work at Birtinya. We dont know much about the area and are trying to figure out a few things so I thought I would check with you all. Which areas to live/not rent in? Which are the good primary and secondary schools...
  10. M

QLD Swap - My 170mm KS Rage I dropper 30.9 for 150 travel Sold

Item: 170mm KS Rage I dropper 30.9 for 150 travel Location: Prefer local Brisbane swap Item Condition: Excellent condition Reason for selling: Can get a shorter post further down. Price and price conditions: Looking for trade only first Extra Info: Not interested in reverbs.
  11. M

House Husbands

My wife has been stay at home for the last 10 years with both kids while I worked full time. Her personal business has boomed in the last year and has now been offered a full time job nearly double my salary. We are seriously thinking to move and switch roles with me becoming primary caregiver...
  12. M

Shimano 12s Derailleur Setup

Just looking at my derailleur and noticed I don't have one of these in and wondering how critical it is. I can see that the cable has worn a groove at the exit where it would normally be. Thoughts?
  13. M

Broken hub axle

This is the most random thing. I have a shimano FH-MT510-B rear hub and the hub axle broke. Not the axle but the hub axle shown here. It broke at the little pip just before the thread. I have been told that shimano don't stock the replacement kit for it and also dont stock the hub as its a...
  14. M

Tyres and Kneepads

2 questions I had a small crash. Front tyre washed out and wasn't too bad as I landed on my left knee and hands but the knee pad just pulled straight down and I cut my knee up anyway. I suppose it could have been worse but is it normal for pads to do this? Any recommendations of better ones...
  15. M

Bike Tracking - Airtag

Anyone going to tag and track their bike? Apparently you can disable the onboard speaker/beeper. Thoughts?
  16. M

QLD SOLD Mostly Free Brisbane Pickup

Most stuff is free to pickup. Am in the Hendra area. Whoever can pickup first gets it. Item: Bike Rack Item Condition: little bit rusty Price and price conditions: Free Extra Info: Spiders included Pictures: Item: Fluid Bike Item Condition: Little rough but shifts and brakes okay. Price and...
  17. M

Tubeless Thoughts

Got tubeless setup with a near new EXO+ DHR 2 on the rear. Right on the lip of the bead it has a 3mm long puncture which Stans just wont seal properly. It pumps up well and holds air but during riding its losing pressure. I've been through a tube on each of the last 3 rides. Is it new tyre...
  18. M

Coil shock upgrade

I’m looking at getting a 205x65 marz bomber cr coil for my e160 to replace RockShox super deluxe. Was planning to get a cane creek progressive coil too. What do I need to know to order the correct one? There seems to be 2 different diameters and I’m not sure if the coil length matters. It’s...
  19. M

LOST Merida E160 Battery Cover

Lost mine today at Gap Creek. If anyone sees it let me know.
  20. M

Tool Capsule

I haven't been one to take many tools with me while riding and thought I should do something about it. I carry a camelbak but it's too small to carry much apart from the bladder. So I bought one of these soft giant tool capsules that sit in the water bottle mount. It can carry a fair bit but I...