Search results

1. wesdadude

Five Ten shortage in Australia?

I went to order some 5.10 shoes off Mountain Bikes Direct the other week but couldn't due to a distinct lack of sizes. My local climbing gym has had to stop carrying there climbing shoes because they can't get them in. Does anyone know what the local retail situation is? I've heard Adidas may...
  2. wesdadude

Freerider XVI Successor?

My 5.10 Freerider XVIs that I've had for many years are just about dead. I see that 5.10 no longer make them so what's a suitable replacement? What I liked about them is that they're comfy and can be worn casually.
  3. wesdadude

Home Servers

Does anyone have any experience building home servers? I need to store Music and Blu-ray rips, keep files synchronised between computers and backup to the server. All I know is that I will need >20TB of storage. Clients are mainly Windows 7 with the exception of a Mac Mini. I'm not planning on...
  4. wesdadude

"Server too busy" - affect anyone else?

Just wondering if anybody else encountered a "server is too busy. Please try again later" message this morning.
  5. wesdadude

FOUND: 780/760mm Riser Bars

Item: 780mm or 760mm riser bars with 31.8mm clamp. Moderate rise, nothing dirt jump high. Location: Pickup in Perth or posted to 6076 Price: Up to $50 posted Extra Info: Last set were Nukeproof warheads which I liked the feel of (9° back-sweep, 6° up-sweep). Not fussed on colour (however would...
  6. wesdadude

WTB: Mavic EX721 32h Rim

Item: Mavic EX721 32h Rim (26") - prefer silver but black is also fine. Will also consider 142x12mm complete rear wheels. Condition: Must be free of flat spots dings, not fussed cosmetically Location: Pickup in Perth or posted to 6076 Price: Up to $100 posted - depending on condition, I believe...
  7. wesdadude

Considering Buying 2010 Commençal Supreme

I've been out of the market for a little while. Saw this ad and I've got two questions. Is this what it's worth? Will I be able to pedal it? I'm considering making an offer for $1800.
  8. wesdadude

WA WTB: Cheap M/L mens mountain bike

Looking for a good quality cheap M/L mens mountain bike for my dad for his short work commute over fire trails. Budget: About $500, cheaper is better Condition: Mechanically good Location: Kalamunda, 6076
  9. wesdadude

Rock Climbing

Any body else on here a climber? I've was climbing semi-regularly last year and I'm looking to get back into it on a regular basis. I'm at a grade 15-16 climbs wise. I've decided I should invest in a harness and some shoes. What should I be looking for in entry level to mid range gear? Which...
  10. wesdadude

WA FOUND Fox 40 Purple Spring

Item Fox 40 Purple (soft) Spring Location Perth 6076 or posted Willing to Pay What's it worth? $50 or so? Extra Info: I'm too much of a light bugger for the stock medium blue spring so looking to go one lighter with purple. Hoping someone's got one sitting around.
  11. wesdadude

Sorted - Anyone in Sydney able to do me a BIG favour?

SORTED thanks JTmofo Hi, Just wondering if there's anyone in Sydney who wouldn't mind taking a bike to the airport for me so my folks can take it with them on their flight. Will be Tuesday 16th they arrive 14:15 and depart 16:55. Pickup is either from North Manly or Couriered to your door...
  12. wesdadude

Disposing of Brakes

Hi All, What's the best way to dispose of old hydraulic brakes? I've got an old set of Elixir 3s that are at the end of their life and need to go.
  13. wesdadude

International Found: Sram X0 10 speed barrel adjuster bolt

Ended up buying it off eBay. Sucker paid $25. Item: Sram X0 10 speed barrel adjuster bolt. Willing to pay $10 or so posted to Rotorua, NZ. I bent the bolt in the left of the image in a crash and need to replace it. They're $10 or so online but shipping is heaps. They will fit in an envelope and...
  14. wesdadude

Travel Sub Forum Under Rotorburn General

Just a suggestion, I don't know if it's worth it or not but having a travel forum rather than travel related threads ending up in general MTB discussion. Maybe with custom headers related to the destination too? eg NZ, Canada, Europe. It could make it easier for people to find threads related to...
  15. wesdadude

Anyone travelling to QT in Jan? - Need bike brought over.

Hi I'm looking at getting a downhill bike brought over to Queenstown for me in January. Is there anyone coming over in Jan who wouldn't mind carrying it with them. I'll pay for excess baggage and can provide brews as well. Anyone who wouldn't mind doing this for me? Cheers, Wes
  16. wesdadude

Gah Problems! - Replaced Cassette and Chain - XT on X0

See post below for problems. I discovered some bent teeth on my cassette so I've decided to replace it and the chain. I'm running a 1x10 on an X0 shifter with type II short cage der. I think I'm going to go with an XT cassette and chain, will this run sweet on my current set up? What I'm stuck...
  17. wesdadude

Looking for Cheap Queenstown Accomodation Jan 10th-Feb 13th

Hi All, I need to sort some accomdation in Queenstown between Jan 10th-Feb 13th. Can anyone recommend somewhere cheap and secure to stay? Alternatively if there's anybody over there for any of that time who wouldn't mind sharing a place give me a bell. I need to sort something soon as it will...
  18. wesdadude

Avid Elixir 3 Reach Issue.

Hi All, I'm having some issues with my Elixir 3s. The levers sit way to far off the bars, I've wound the little hex reach adjust in as far as it would go but they're still massively out. Is there too much fluid in the system? Is there a way I can easily let it out to get the levers a lot closer...
  19. wesdadude

Dumb Question - Easily Removing Rear Wheel with Avid Drive Train

Hi All, This is likely a dumb question but I find it damn infuriating and near impossible to remove the rear wheels on both my bikes with Avid drive trains. Recently I've been fighting with X0 on my Lapierre Shameless plug, check it out here! Is there a trick (apart from removing the chain and...
  20. wesdadude

AM My Brief Love Affair with a Lapierre - Lapierre Spicy - 2012 Frame

See this post below for the further story. Here's my Lapierre Spicy I just bought off a fellow burner, mostly his spec apart from changed bars and wheels. I might swap the brakes out for some Shimanos at some point too. Haven't been out on it properly yet but it's a blast to ride. Spec is...