Search results

1. wesdadude

What does your day look like?

I too had pie for lunch! Pepper steak from the bakery in Bindoon. Up here for the weekend for a mate's wedding.
  2. wesdadude

Electric Vehicles etc

Are we looking at the same image? That thing's hideous! With a rear end that can't quite decide whether it wants to be a Civic or not.
  3. wesdadude

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Makes it hard to hear the radio! Plus it's not always warm and dry here, and even if it was I can't always get around looking like The Stig.
  4. wesdadude

It doesn't have a solid roof. Nor a windscreen for that matter.
  5. wesdadude

So, to catch up on this thread, @Oddjob's still pissed off from that beemer passing him on the track, @komdotkom's mate is pretty fast and my most sensible option would be to take an 86/BRZ modify away the anaemic mid-range and get some proper tyres on it.
  6. wesdadude

The stupid questions thread.

Isn't that the recipe for botulism?
  7. wesdadude

To be clear, I don't have 100k to spend on a fast car. It was more a case of lots of "that's a cool car", "oh, they're a hundred k plus". If anything I'd be looking at half that. I think it'll be a case of looking at what's out there, working out rough TCO then deciding if it's something I...
  8. wesdadude

It's a neutral and high-smokepoint so not an olive oil replacement. I've never used it for that purpose so not entirely sure what it tastes like.
  9. wesdadude

Should have been clear, second hand. New would be even more eye watering. I've been taking a quick look and it seems fast cars are much more than I thought and depreciation hasn't hit as hard as I've hoped. Maybe it's as silly of an idea as I thought. The three A110s on Carsales at the moment...
  10. wesdadude

At least rice bran oil's available in big bottles again. Although I have a feeling it's far costlier now.
  11. wesdadude

I've been toying with the idea of a fast car recently. Does anyone make anything that's like the Toyota 86 but fast that's not 100K? I like European Berlinetta style coupés (2+2 seaters generally) but they all seem like I couldn't really afford them.
  12. wesdadude

Good thing the Ford Motor Corporation stole it from the wizard Robert Kearns.
  13. wesdadude

The gaming thread

Well it's designed to be an accurate car simulator. I should probably give it a go now that it supports VR.
  14. wesdadude

Black Dogs and mental shit in general

I'd phrase this as "it's become clear to us". She's not the bad guy demanding you do less for them, you've both decided you value your marriage and want to invest in it. That means you can do less other stuff.
  15. wesdadude

The QUICK question thread.....

Answering this here to avoid derailing Whisky chat too much. It seemed to vary from the stores I went to. The one behind this curtain had some "pro model" marital aids for men. There was a TV with what appeared to be a man discussing one particular product's technology and features. I think...
  16. wesdadude

The last movie you've last watched last

Went out for Monday Doubles last night for a friend's birthday. The invite was for the first film but I hung around for the second too. Old Boy (올드보이) real good Korean action thriller. I went in cold which I think was the best way to do it. Talk to Me I don't usually go for horror but I wasn't...
  17. wesdadude

The last movie you've last watched last

Maybe I need to revisit it but I don't quite get the hype. Maybe it's just Daddario.
  18. wesdadude

Electric Vehicles etc

Looks like it. I'm going to believe that right foot's turned enough and they're actually heel-toeing.
  19. wesdadude

Bike wash $WTF

Floor cleaner's a scam anyway. Choice gave it a Shonky award a little while back.