Search results

1. N

ACT FOUND: 9 speed shifter (Shimano)

Item: 9 speed trigger shifter (RH) for Shimano RD Location: Canberra Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $30 Extra Info: Must have bar mount (no iSpec) and would prefer indicator display as it is for my wife's commuter and she likes to see what gear she's in ;-)
  2. N

ACT SOLD: 2016 Trek Fuel EX 8 (17.5") 29er 120mm travel

Item: 2016 Trek Fuel EX 8 (17.5") 29er Location: Hackett, ACT Item Condition: Mechanically very good, some scratches on frame, rims & cranks have rub marks Reason for selling: Upgrading to longer travel bike Price and price conditions: $1800 (buyer to pay shipping if interstate) (RRP was...
  3. N

Fox RP2 shock losing rebound dampening

I've got a Fox RP2 (Boost valve) rear shock that seems to have lost its rebound dampening, or at least its gone "off". I first noticed it when I found myself getting bucked forward when trying to pump over small rollers at speed. The rear of the bike would lift off the ground! I fiddled with...
  4. N

Too narrow? 2.25" tyre on 19mm (internal width) rim tubeless

I'm thinking about upgrading my wheels, with the objectives of going tubeless (UST or Stans) and loosing rotational weight. My bike is a 2011 Giant Trance X2 and I'm running Maxxis Ardent 2.25 front and Ikon 2.2 rear. I've noticed the 2.25 looks "awkward" on my standard Giant wheels (19mm...
  5. N

DIY servicing Fox 32 F125 forks

I've decided to take the plunge and try servicing my Fox 32 F125 forks (came on my 2011 Giant Trance X2). I've already got the (newer) Fox 32 replacement seal kit but I need to source some suspension oil. Fox recommends "Fox Green 10 wt." oil. Should I pay the extra for Fox branded oil or am...
  6. N

SLX shifter issue after removing indicator window

As the title says, I removed the indicator windows off my SLX shifters, so I could push the brake levers inside. It all seemed straight forward at the time, removed the indicator part and replaced with the supplied spare cover/disc. Went for a ride a week later and discovered my rear derailleur...
  7. N

Share your MTB RSS feeds

I'm sure I'm not the only RSS junkie here on Rotorburn and I've noticed my "MTB" tag in Google Reader is pretty bare. So I've started this thread to find out what are the good news sites (with RSS feeds) that fellow Rotorburn'ers subscribe to. Here are the few I've got so far: Rotorburn...
  8. N

Tyre confusion: Larsen TT vs Crossmark

Bit of background: I'm looking for a dry weather tyre that will be well suited to Mt Stromlo for my Trance X2 (2011). My current tyres are the stock Nevegal 2.1 but I'm finding them so-so in the loose dirt over hard pack (front washes out a fair bit). I also want to try DYI tubeless (ghetto) and...
  9. N

Do I need a bleed block for bleeding Avid Elixir 5?

I'm looking at buying a bleed kit for Avid and have noticed that the ones on Ebay are less than half the price of what CRC charges for the official kit. The only obvious difference is the lack of a bleed block. All the instructions I've found on the web say to use a bleed block but I was...
  10. N

Adjusting Avid Elixir 5 brakes - disc not centered between pads

Recently got a new bike with Elixir 5 brakes. The rear disc rubs slightly on the inside surface and the lever is a bit tighter than the front one. Shining a light up the brake pads I can see the disc is closer to the inside pad than the outside one. I attempted to realign the brake following...