Search results

1. B

[SOLD] 29er Easton ARC27/Hope Pro2EVO Boost wheelset great 8 months old

Item:* Easton ARC27/Hope Pro2EVO Boost wheelset 29er Location: Brisbane Item*Condition: Excellent Reason*for*selling: going carbon Price*and*price*conditions: $575 can post at buyers expense (have the box still) Extra*Info: Customer wheel build with DT Comps and DT brass nipples strong...
  2. B

Spokes for Trail and occasional AM

My XC rig has Carbon Rovals with 24H F and 28H R with DT Revolutions, never had an issue with them, happy to do drops and gap jumps etc of smaller sizes. New build is a Trail/AM bike in a 29er and I'm planning on using alloy rims with a 32H arrangement for strength. CRC wheelbuilder...
  3. B

BOOST 29er wheelset availability?

Having a look around to start my next build. A lot of frames are now BOOST specific, but finding wheels seems to be difficult. Zelvy have the option on their website, but TBH whilst I like the idea of their offerings $1800 is outside of my budget. Anyone know of some less expensive options...
  4. B

QLD SOLD Santa Cruz Highball C 2013 Medium

Item: Santa Cruz Highball C 2013 Medium Location: NW Brisbane Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Not getting used - prefer dually Price and price conditions: $2950 Extra Info: One owner built custom from a frame purchase new two years ago Full carbon race inspired, stiff...
  5. B

QLD SOLD Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon (medium)

Item: Santa Cruz Tallboy C medium Location: Brisbane Item Condition: used, excellent condition, frame fully skinned since brand new Reason for selling: New XC race bike build Price and price conditions: SOLD Pictures: Yep Fork: Fox Factory series Float 120's 32 Kashima coat -...
  6. B

The Best 'do it all' bike - Pivot 429sl vs Rocky Instinct 999 vs Spesh Camber or ?

If you were looking to combine your 29er HT and 29er dually trail bike into one bike you could efficiently race XCO and XCE on, but also have plenty of fun and travel for techy organic type trail network - which would you choose and why? I have picked these as lightweight, efficient pedalling...
  7. B

Giant P XCR rim pressure?

Looking to use a set of these 29er wheels on a CX bike/commuter. Alot of MTB wheels/rims (mainly carbon ones, but some alloy) have low max rim pressure ratings, but I cant find one for these wheels. I want to run around 80PSI on a set of commuter/CX tyres (with tubes if neccessary) anyone...
  8. B

DT Hub stright pull for 28H 6bolt 142x12 solution?

I was set on buying a new wheelset from Roval - the 2014 Control SL's Now they have just gone out of stock in the 142x12 standard hub, but have a rim avail. They are a 28h rim, but as I already have a bunch of other Roval wheels, I want to keep it simple and have a DT hub and straight pull...
  9. B

Any reasons why I cant swap BB spacer to NDS?

I want to use a road crank on the non drive side to use on my MTB from time to time? Why? Stages Power Meter - crank based and uses just the LHS crank arm. It will mainly be on the roadie so have a road crank in mind, but road cranks have a lower Q factor than MTB's as such the road crank...
  10. B

SRAM GXP BB and XO crankset problem

My Carve SS has an EBB with a GXP BB fitted - mated to that are SRAM carbon XO cranks. I removed them recently as the bearings are noisy (failing). Interesting method of removal on SRAM as I am used to Shimano, but figured out the interference fit thing and undoing the 8mm bolt first and it...
  11. B

XT (M785 Icetech) brake drag issue

Changed to new (genuine) pads front and rear and new RT86 rotors this week. Also fully bled the brakes for good measure. However I now find the levers have very little travel with these new parts (previously ran generic rotors) and they brakes drag slightly front and rear reducing rolling...
  12. B

Recommend me a pr of Urban/casual cleat compatible shoes

Looking for a casual pr riding shoes for the SS experience. I use SPD cleats, have seen DZR and like them alot but hard to get in Brisbane, then there is Chrome, but they dont have a slip-on styles, only lace ups and I want a convenient quick to throw on shoe for local street rides etc, but...
  13. B

SOLD - Merida Big Nine 3000d Carbon 29er frame 2012

]Item: 2012 Merida Big Nine 3000d Carbon frame size Large 19" Location: Brisbane, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: Good - frame skinned, but has trail marks and a couple paint chips (seat stays) and chain suck marks on the chainstay Reason for selling: Highball Price...
  14. B

Help in single speed build info

Been looking for a while now for a semi decent SS for a training bike to start with, but if I like who knows might become a regular thing over my current 2 MTB's (both 29ers, one HT and one dually) But I am finding them surprising few and far between second hand for something decent, ideally...
  15. B

XTR chain catching on XTR Cassette?

I have been swapping drivetrain items out a bit lately trying to get it running silently and shifting well. I originally started with an X0 cassette, PC981 chain and XTR RD up to XTR cranks and rings. All were brand new apart from the X0 cassette which came off a previous bike, but I did not...
  16. B

Help choose 1st roadie between these two carbons Fuji vs Merida

I've ridden roadies 15yrs ago on an Avanti Sprint with 105 (first STI shifting gear), but these days am an avid MTBér which I ride 3 times a week between a hardtail and dually Am now looking to supplement time on the bike with a road ride once maybe twice a week as it sometimes is easier to...
  17. B

MTB slicks for 29ers?

Am I missing something or is the above a rarity? Looking in online catalgues for MTB slicks/road tyres with minimal tread and minimum rolling resistance - there is a plethora for 26" but nothing for 29? Or is it simply a matter of fitting a 700c x 35 tyre to a 29er MTB.....does that work...
  18. B

Crank Brothers Joplin 4 dropper post with remote - SOLD

Item: Crank Brothers Joplin 4 dropper seatpost Location: Brisbane Item Condition: near new Reason for selling: tried it but dont really use it alot Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Works great - no slop, rises and lowers perfectly 4"drop. Comes with remote as well as the...
  19. B

Saddle, seat post, computer, brake pads, multitool,stem ALL NOW SOLD

Item: Hope seatpost clamp Location: Brisbane Item Condition: near new Reason for selling: not used Price and price conditions:SOLD Extra Info: suit 30.9mm seatposts Pictures: yep Item: Cateye Micro Computer Location: Brisbane Item Condition: very good Reason for selling: went...
  20. B

Axle-Crown measurements of Fox Float F29 100RLC compared to 120RLC?

I can't find it anywhere on the Fox website and my googling at the internetz clearly needs work! Is an F29 120 RLC a full 20mm difference in axle to crown height compared to the 100RLC? Or do they magically makeup some of that travel into the lowers and its not that big of a difference?