Search results

1. S

Yack tracks - what's your recommendation

I'm driving down to Melbourne tomorrow and would like to break the trip up with a midday detour to some mtb trails. The Yack Tracks look pretty good and are about at the half way mark for me. I see there are three loops around the 17km mark (Diggers, Kokoda and Ground Effect). Doing one of...
  2. S

My 170 v 175mm crank experiment: the results are in...

TLDR: 170mm sucks, 175mm for the win! Background: I have two 2020 Trance 29ers, one here and one in Germany. The components and frame materials are different between the two but the bike setup is almost identical (seat height, reach, handlebar width, stem length, etc.). The German bike has...
  3. S

Bearing press tools

Had to do the suspension bearings on my Trance. The rocker and rear triangle are carbon fibre so the age old approach of cobbling together sockets and off cuts of bar-stock that fit wasn't going to cut it. All made from PE100 (a type of HDPE) which is very strong but soft enough that it won't...
  4. S

Most expensive and cheapest bottle cage relocation mounts??? [Pic links fixed]

A few days ago I had a very rare combination of circumstances that meant I could run some parts on my toolroom cnc machining centre. It's normally only for prototype work but covid has meant I've been running it for production work as well. For some time, I've been meaning to make some mounts...
  5. S

WTB: 165mm Trunion Shock

Item: 165 x 45 or 165 x 42.5 trunion shock Location: Anywhere if you're prepared to post. Price range/Willing to Pay: whatever is reasonable. Extra Info: Need a spare shock as the Fox DPX2 on the Trance has shat the bed and will need to be sent away for warranty. Would prefer Rockshox or DVO.
  6. S

New standard: 152mm Extreme QR boost speciale

Decided to start promulgating a new standard to beat all rear axle standards. You take the stiffness of a 19mm hub axle in boost config, add some custom end caps that bring the width out to a clearly superior 152mm wide and insert the flexiest Ti QR skewer you can find. The combination of a...
  7. S

Jbend spokes: 288mm to 296mm

Item: Spokes in the size range from 288mm to 296mm. Must be either DT Swiss Revolutions, Sapim Laser, Sapim CXRays or Pillar 1420. I need at least 32 but will buy more if you've got more. Location: Anywhere if you can post Item Condition: Can be used and bent from being laced but not...
  8. S

Fox 34 CSU creak?

I think my Fox 34's are developing some CSU creak. Just today the bike has developing a ticking noise coming from the steerer area. It's amplified by the carbon frame and particularly noticeable when going slow over very bumpy ground. Have checked over the bars, stem, headset and frame, and...
  9. S

Fox 34 air cap socket - DIY

Don't really care if my bike is dirty or scratched, but I do have a strong dislike for any fasteners or hardware that looks like its been attacked by a ham fisted git. The black alu air caps that come on pretty much every fork nowadays are particularly prone to looking like shite after being...
  10. S

Sold SOLD: SRAM Eagle GX 12 speed groupset + more

Splitting all of this stuff, so now moved to Garage Sale thread. Item: Almost complete bike build kit. All brand new taken off my Giant Trance 29 Advanced Pro 1. Location: Canberra but willing to post. If posted, must include insurance. Item Condition: New, taken off brand new bike...
  11. S

2020 Trance Advanced 29er

Frame - Trance Advanced 29er (large) Rear shock - Fox DPX2 Front shock/fork - Fox 34 FIT4 @ 130mm Handlebars - Ritchey carbon flatbar Stem - Syntace 109 in 60mm, ti bolts. Headset - Stock Giant headset Grips - Giant lockon grips Saddle - San Marco Aspide Super Leggerra Carbon Seatpost...
  12. S

2020 Trance 1 29er

Bike is almost stock. Specs are the usual Giant crap which leaves a lot to be desired for the money. This is the first complete bike I've bought in 10 years and to date is the most expensive and lowest spec, but then walking into a bike store and laying down the cash always seems to suck...
  13. S

Spitty 26" dropouts - type 1

Item: Spitty 26" dropouts - type 1 (to fit 2016 Banshee Spitfire) Location: Anywhere if you'll post. Price range/Willing to Pay: Whatever's fair.
  14. S

Roval Traverse rear hub 32h

Item: Roval Traverse rear hub Location: Anywhere if you'll post. Price range/Willing to Pay: Whatever's fair. Extra info: must be 32h version and would prefer with 142 x 12 end caps.
  15. S

Pike Charger cartridge - blown/damaged OK

Item: Pike Charger cartridge Location: Anywhere if you'll post. Price range/Willing to Pay: Whatever's fair. Extra info: Prefer original Charger over Charger 2. Just need some small parts from inside like piston and shims so overall condition or cartridge is not so important as long as all...
  16. S

Spitty fork length

What length fork are you guys running for 26" wheels? I've got a 160mm 27.5" Pike but if I get the Debonair upgrade then I've got the choice of going a different length.
  17. S

Cannondale Hollowgram SiSL or SiSL 2 crank arms

Item: Cannondale Hollowgram SiSL or SiSL 2 crank arms - must be 175mm crank arms Location: Anywhere if you'll post. Price range/Willing to Pay: Whatever's fair. Extra info: will consider whole crankset
  18. S

Crap, I think I need a Spitty

I need to build up a spare bike to leave in Germany. I have the following parts I'm going to strip off my offroad tandem: - Syntace W35 26" wheels; - Manitou Nixon 150mm fork with 20mm thru axle; - 10 speed XTR groupset; - Formula RX brakeset; What I need is a 26" compatible frame to put...
  19. S

Service your new forks before riding

Sounds a bit extreme, but for Rockshox forks at least, I'd recommend pulling them apart and making sure there are proper amounts of splash lube and grease on the main seals. I've seen many new RS forks over the years and almost without exception they arrive from the factory with something...
  20. S

XC Trance X 29er - fugly but fun

Frame - Trance X 29er Large (probably part of a run of frames made in 2015 for warranty replacement) Rear shock - Monarch RT custom valving, normal air can, no volume spacers. Front shock/fork - Reba 2019 120mm with RCT3 damper from RS SID and revised rebound/mid-valve shim stack (still a work...