Search results

1. Oddjob

Oh lord, won't you buy me a supreme court victory

This could turn into the best Christmas present ever. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-20/colorado-supreme-court-bans-trump-from-the-state-ballot/103249742 It could only be topped off by a colon cancer diagnosis followed by a very long and painful decline for the orange turd. Sent from...
  2. Oddjob

What I would like to see in EDR in 2025

In the spirit of coming up with a positive thread I thought I would start with a wish list of EDR in 2025. Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way first. I feel like the Discovery take over and UCI rule changes has been great for DH but awful for EDR. EDR now feels like a sideshow to...
  3. Oddjob

Am I complete dickhead for wanting this

I know nothing about design or engineering but I'm a slow learner. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rowndprecision/rownd-cnc-lathe-machining-for-everybody?ref=a0uw76&gclid=Cj0KCQjwk96lBhDHARIsAEKO4xZPu1HqmkREhYqy0sayOV_nuNDxpuaAdbNPGu7aq_06WRN--N61-bEaAj8JEALw_wcB @Dales Cannon please...
  4. Oddjob

What is the ADF for?

I saw this article come up and I was interested in the response from the defense department. "Key points: -A report recommends the ADF only be deployed in extreme circumstances -Community leaders describe help from the ADF during floods as a "godsend" and "morale boost" -But the report found...
  5. Oddjob

Are Shorter Cranks The Next MTB Kool Aid?

Given that my 5 year old rides 155mm cranks I was a bit surprised to see a grown man riding some. https://m.pinkbike.com/news/video-joe-barnes-rides-hopes-new-155mm-crank-arms.html It's not a 100% new idea with Canfield offering short cranks for a long time but they were very much orientated...
  6. Oddjob

Hold My Beer... The Mawr Orange Sour Ale Edition

What happens when a time poor middle aged dad, who can't ride for shit, buys the dream bike... Frame - Nicolai G1 XL, raw with funky orange decals. Also has some custom mutators to raise the BB and deal with the imperial shock. Rear shock - Fox Float X2, 240x76mm. Front shock/fork - Fox 49...
  7. Oddjob

SC Nomad 3 CC

Frame - Santa Cruz Nomad 3 CC XL Rear shock - Cane Creek DB Air, strandard air can. Front shock/fork - RS Lyric RC2 160mm Handlebars - Nukeproof Horizon Carbon Bar 38mm Stem - Thomson X4 60mm Headset - Hope Grips - ODI Rogue Saddle - Selle SMP Hybrid Seatpost - Fox Transfer 175mm Front brake -...
  8. Oddjob

DT 240 boost rear hub centrelock 32h

Item: DT 240 boost rear hub centrelock 32h (non-exp) Location: Sydney but can pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: $300 Extra Info: Bit of a long shot but chasing an og dt 240 boost rear hub. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  9. Oddjob

Camp Grounds - Thredbo/Jindabyne

Hi all. I'm planning to take the family away to Thredbo/Jindabyne for a couple of weeks over the Xmas break. We've got a fully stocked camper/fridge/solar and I'm looking for campground or holiday park reccomendations. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  10. Oddjob

Grandfather's (Pole) Axe

I've had my Pole Evolink since May 2018 and over that time it's had a fair few changes, to the point that the only original part is pretty much the frame; and even that's changed in a way. The suspension hasn't really been upgraded so much as stretched. The 160mm Avalanched Lyric and 216x63mm...
  11. Oddjob

Eliot Jackson Launches Grow Cycling Foundation to Promote Diversity in Cycling

Just saw this on Pinkbike. Good on Eliot Jackson for spreading the love. https://m.pinkbike.com/news/eliot-jackson-launches-grow-cycling-foundation-to-promote-diversity-in-cycling.html My own observation is that mtb in Australia is overwhelmingly white, male and increasingly middle aged...
  12. Oddjob

Found

Item: I Spec II plastic shim Location: Sydney but happy to pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: A little bit Extra Info: The crappy little plastic bit on 11 speed Shimano brakes. See picture below. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  13. Oddjob

2011-2014 Fox 36 Dampener, RC2 or RLC

Item: 2011-2015 Fox 36 Dampener, Location: Sydney but can pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: $150 Extra Info: Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  14. Oddjob

Found

Item: 2-4 X 26" DJ Tyres Location: Sydney but can pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: Let's see what you got. But happy to pay up to $40 for Maxxis DTH. Extra Info: Need some fast rolling dj tyres for a franken dj/bmx race bike project. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  15. Oddjob

NSW Found

Item: Rigid 26 inch DJ forks Location: Sydney but can pay for post Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends Extra Info: Disc mounts preferred.
  16. Oddjob

Liteville Uber Alles

And my creation is finally complete!!! Frame - Liteville 301 mk14 XXL 160mm 29er Rear shock - RS Deluxe -> DVO Topaz 2 -> Fox DPX2 Front shock/fork - RS Lyrik 180mm, SD Components lsc/hsc charger upgrade, C1 airspring. Handlebars - Spank Spike Vibrocore 780mm Stem - Thomson X4 40mm Headset -...
  17. Oddjob

Found

Item: Found Location: Sydney but can pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: depends Extra Info: Would prefer Hope Pro2 evo or I9 Torch, but would consider others. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  18. Oddjob

Found

Item: Found Location: Sydney but happy to pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: lets talk Extra Info: Bit of a long shot but after a set of narrower (21-27mm) rims for a wheel build. Would also consider any tasty (I9, Dt 240) non-boost wheelsets. Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
  19. Oddjob

NSW Sold

I Item: Assorted stems Location: Sydney Item Condition: ok Reason for selling: surplus Price and price conditions: $10 a stem Extra Info: 1. 110mm 25.4mm clamp, 2. 90mm 31.8mm clamp. Pictures: Item: Assorted pedals Location: Sydney Item Condition: ok Reason for selling: surplus Price and...
  20. Oddjob

NSW sold

Item: Purple Hope V4 brakes Location: Sydney Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: surplus Price and price conditions: $500 neg Extra Info: Includes fresh Uberbike kevlar brakelines as the current lines are mismatched and cut. Pictures: Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk