Search results

1. Oddjob

The HiFi thread

B&W are over rated and very expensive for what they are. Check out the AKG K371. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/akg-k371-review-closed-back-headphone.19657/ For the princely sum of $229 from Amazon. https://amzn.asia/d/ayiOuaR Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro...
  2. Oddjob

The HiFi thread

You can get studio active subs with line level passthrough. Look at: -Presonus Sub 8BT: variable LPF & fixed 80Hz HPF -ESI Aktiv 10S: variable LPF & fixed 100Hz HPF -KRK S8.4: selectable Xo (LPF&HPF) 70/80/90/100H Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  3. Oddjob

The HiFi thread

Here are some of my recent pickups for the new house, all of which I picked up second hand. Given that I can't even imagine how you could improve on the Polk Legend/McIntosh THX setup, I can't understand why people are letting this stuff go. I've also picked up the top of the range Yamaha AV...
  4. Oddjob

rear coil shock for a V2 Banshee Rune, would need 216 x 63mm

Mwahahaha. I might have what you need, but I'm neck deep in moving shit into my new shed. Are you in a hurry? Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  5. Oddjob

Little Things You Hate

Dude! 1994-2014 were the best years for electronic music... Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  6. Oddjob

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Post of the year? Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  7. Oddjob

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

In race trim on slicks... Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  8. Oddjob

I'm doing 1.49s around Eastern Creek in the GTR now. Only M2 Comps can touch that. There's a Nismo GTR that did a 1.41, that's what I'm aiming for when all the turbos and new diffs have been fitted. For context, there's a BRZ that has done a 1.46. The BRM is good for 1.29s maybe even...
  9. Oddjob

Have you blown up your BMW at the track and had it covered? I've seen people who have blown theirs up and it's not covered. The E46 and E90 are famous for their water pump failures. I've personally seen a pump failure on track lead to a cracked block by the time the car made it back to the...
  10. Oddjob

(I'm happy to get reamed by the euros, and I don't drive that fast anyway) Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  11. Oddjob

Except if you track a BMW M Motorsport car where plastic impellers have been known to explode and the warranty won't cover you for track use. Audi, VW and non GT Porsches are also track shy. AMG, Porsche Motorsport (GT cars) and Maclaren cover you for non-competitive track use. Not sure about...
  12. Oddjob

That's pretty scary. How much of that is due to having a cast impeller vs a forged/stamped one. Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  13. Oddjob

This! It just annoys the crap out of me that BMW et al make such great engines then surround them with crappy ancillaries. The water pumps are one thing but then you get the awful brakes in S series Audi's, the shitty AMG suspension etc etc etc. Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  14. Oddjob

I had a VL with a RB26DE head on it. 8500rpm was fun with a crappy live axle. It was easily better than my mum's VS Berlina. Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  15. Oddjob

They have a funny habit of disintegrating with age and rpm. It's apparently the biggest source of BMW engine failures, especially in the M cars. The aftermarket units are made of metal and cost less than OEM. A lot of the other ancillaries are expensive crappy plastic as well. Sometimes...
  16. Oddjob

For anyone interested in why you shouldn't own a BMW past its warranty period. This is a 2000s M3 (E46) water pump. They haven't improved since then. This is a 1980-1990s Nissan RB series water pump next to it's fancy N1 motorsport brother. Note that Nissan reduced the number of blades...
  17. Oddjob

Just don't. https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/evora-clutch-replacement-9-000-and-the-supercharger.123712/ Working on those is a nightmare. You literally have to split the car in half to change a clutch. Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  18. Oddjob

In that case get the 86. Spirited driving in a really powerful car is just impossible. Their capabilities are simply too high for shitty Australian roads. If you really need to burn money the F-Type S handles amazingly well and there are early supercharged 6 cylinder models with low mileage...
  19. Oddjob

Nope. That's 7 track days before needing to spend $23k on a weapons grade gearbox. It looks like a standard GTR up top but now handles and whines like a Le Mans GT3 racer. Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
  20. Oddjob

Take it from someone who owns a 600hp car. Just get the 86. It's quick enough to enjoy on the road and there's plenty of affordable mods to make it awesome on the track. Anything quicker than an 86 will be a pig in traffic and you won't be able to even touch it's abilities within 100km of a...