Search results

1. flamin'trek

Caravans. Particularly Toy Haulers.

This covid thing has got us considering an en-suite caravan upgrade. Being a bit of a biking family deally I’d like something that will store bikes inside out of sight, out of weather etc. Don’t really need a stupidly massive van though, when away we mostly spend time outside. Also wouldn’t buy...
  2. flamin'trek

Obstacle ramp angles?

I’m wanting to build an obstacle or two along some tame trails for a bit of variety. Up onto logs, over rocks, maybe a car body etc. I’ve seen plenty of pictures, but no good build guides on stuff like angles. Question: what sort of ramp angle or steepness works for going up or down? I’m...
  3. flamin'trek

Gear shifts. All but one playing nicely.

I have a SRAM GX 1x11 equipped Trek Remedy. Owned since new, original geartrain. The shifting works perfectly except gear 5 which if I change from 6-5 will click and carry on like it wants to change gear, clicking several times per revolution. If I change from 4-5 it is noticably better, but...
  4. flamin'trek

Airtasker and alternatives

I’ve had enough of my current job and want a change. Fortunately I have a fair bit of leave owing and we are financially comfortable so I can do this without finding a new job first. Thoughts moved to airtasker or similar to provide some income while I work out where to next. I’m a capable...
  5. flamin'trek

Rear shock leaking air?

The rear RS shock in my Trek Remedy seemed to be bottoming out a bit easy so I check the air pressure and when I connected the pump it showed 0. Few pumps and it was up around 150 so I tested it again and it showed 0 on connection. Didn’t seem to be leaking, but after pumping didn’t seem to be...
  6. flamin'trek

RS forks. Switching parts?

I have a set of RS Reba dual air forks that I've tried to service and have failed twice, there is something wrong with the compression damping. I also have a set of RS Recon solo air that have scratched stanchions and are playing up and in need of a service. Both are 32mm legs and of similar...
  7. flamin'trek

NSW 26” medium frame

Item: 26” medium hard tail frame Location: Newcastle/Lake Macquarie. Price range/Willing to Pay: $100ish Extra Info: Son 1 has grown like a weed in the last year and now too big for his small frame bike. He’s Currently on a low end bike, but I’ve got left over 26”/QR/straight steerer decent...
  8. flamin'trek

Found a video: Mobile Car servicing

A while back I saw a video of a van fitted out for mobile servicing cars. I was fitted with a remote controlled mobile car hoist that slid out from the van, lowered to the ground then 'drove' itself under the car to be serviced and lifted it up. Can't seem to find it anywhere, has anyone seen...
  9. flamin'trek

NSW Vintage 3x8 trigger shifters

Item: Vintage 3x8 trigger shifters. Prefer STX/LX level to match existing STX groupset Location: Hunter, posted Price range/Willing to Pay: $30ish Extra Info: Have a 1998 DiamondBack Voyager with grip shifters and the rest of the drivetrain/hubs is a mix of STX and STX-RC. Turns out I'm not a...
  10. flamin'trek

NSW Found Fat bike tyres, worn or cheap

Item: 2x 26” fat bike tyres. Around 26”x4” Location: Lake Macquarie or post. Price: negotiable, cheap as bro. Details: I have a cheap bigW fat bike. I’ve found some time to upgrade it a bit and now looking for some cheap fat bike tyres to replace the BSO spec rubber on it. It doesn’t get a lot...
  11. flamin'trek

Budget flat pedals and shoes.

After riding XC bikes for years with SPDs the first ride on my new Remedy and I'm contemplating flat pedals and shoes for fun. Seems, the argument for and against is still going strong, but leaning towards flats for fun bikes and sticking with locked in for climbing. I do have an old pair of...
  12. flamin'trek

Swapping brakes - keeping hoses?

New bike is on way. Can't work out why they've specced Deore brakes on it, but figured I'd give them a little test and probably end up upgrading to my current XT with icetech setup. The bike has internal routing, so: How much drama is it to switch out the brakes, or alternatively is it...
  13. flamin'trek

Boost hubs. Here to stay?

Boost hubs 110/148 seem to be in favour currently. Are they the new standard, or something akin to octalink BBs that lasted a few seasons and all but disappeared? Had a browse this arvo and can't seem to see anything extra new on the horizon, but they'll surely come up with something not too...
  14. flamin'trek

NSW Sold CRACKED Yeti AS-R 2009 Large.

Item: 2009 Yeti AS-R Large Turquoise frame with a cracked headtube Location: Lake Macquarie Item Condition: CRACKED headtube. Carbon stays, bearings might need replacing. Reason for selling: Someone else might have need for parts Price and price conditions: $70 - SOLD. Extra Info...
  15. flamin'trek

Sold Vintage manitou 2 forks

Item: Manitou 2 vintage forks Location: Lake Macquarie Item Condition: used, new elastomers Reason for selling: no suitable bike Price and price conditions: $150 + $50 for the rest of the bike. Postage available for forks. Extra Info: currently attached to a Diamond Back Ascent, full STX...
  16. flamin'trek

Fuel EX 29 or Remedy 27.5?

I'm having trouble getting into the whole 29" wheel thing, but haven't ridden one much. I'm probably tall enough (180cm) that the frame wouldn't be compromised for wheel size. Coming from an agile XC 26" (2009) and now looking for a trial/fun oriented bike I'm not sure about 29", 27.5 seems to...
  17. flamin'trek

Replacement suspension bolts?

Broke my good frame, picked up a cheap Scott dually I can upgrade with existing parts while I save/search for something I really would like. Unfortunately it is missing a suspension bolt, so I need a replacement. Any suppliers for that sort of thing other than trying the manufacturer...
  18. flamin'trek

NSW FOUND SLX M660 left shifter

Item: SLX M660 Left (front) shifter to match existing right shifter. Location: Hunter/Posted Price range/Willing to Pay: $30ish posted. Extra Info: Rebuilding a flat bar roadie. Currently has 9 speed and I will be upgrading the Acera to SLX since I already have the right shifter. Anyone...
  19. flamin'trek

Shock servicing/repair?

My rear shock has decided that it doesn't want as much oil in it so has leaked and now acts more like a pogo stick as the damping seems to have gone. It is a Fox Float RP23 that has served me fine. I'd like to get it fixed if possible rather than replace. I found nsdynamics. Are there others?
  20. flamin'trek

NSW SOLD Avid Juicy 7 F+R

Item: Avid Juicy 7 front and rear brakes. Location: Lake Macquarie Item Condition: Working, could do with a bleed. Little bit of pain bubbling on the reservoir, few scratches from normal use. Reason for selling: Upgrades Price and price conditions: --- SOLD -----$40+post Extra Info:Front...