Search results

1. kwikee

SOLD: Ghost Bikes frame decals

I have received a set of frame stickers in error, and the correct ones are on their way. No use to me, so if anyone wants them... Item: frame stickers to suit Ghost frame Location: Melbourne Item Condition: new Reason for selling: Don't own a Ghost... Price and price conditions...
  2. kwikee

FOUND: WTB Deore or similar brake set

Item: Deore M615 or similar brakeset Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay:FOUND Extra Info: I'm after a decent condition set of Shimano Deore brakes, front and rear with no issues or major damage and bar clamps (not iSpec). Going on a large hard tail so hose length to suit ideally...
  3. kwikee

Fox CTD remotes...

I've currently got 2014 Fox 32 Evolution CTD forks and have just bought a set of 2014 34's, performance series. The 32's are remote, and given both are CTD forks, am I right to assume the remote for the 32's should swap across directly to the 34's?
  4. kwikee

KS Lev Integra issue

I've got an Integra on the Genius and haven't had any problems until today while cleaning the bike I noticed it has developed a bit of float in the last 20mm or so of travel. When fully compressed and then released, if you pull up on the seat there is another 20mm or so of movement that sucks...
  5. kwikee

Fox 32 Fork seals

About to order some seals for the Fox 32 Evo before I give it another oil change. Was going to get Enduro, any others that have risen to fame that I should look at? Are the enduros still a better option than the Fox OEM? No doubt there will be the usual "Fox are shit, get RockShox" type...
  6. kwikee

NSW *SOLD* Reverb (A1) Remote Leftside bottom

Item: Rockshox Reverb (A1) remote, right side top/left side bottom fit Location: Melbourne Item Condition: good Reason for selling: This is an A1 type remote as identified by the silver speed adjuster, as opposed to the A2 with the black speed adjuster. I got this for my A2 type post...
  7. kwikee

Hope Hoops loose spokes!

I got a set of new Arch EX hoops about 4 months ago and after reading how spoke tensions are known to be quite low with them, thought I'd check mine after sensing the rear was a bit out of true. Found two consecutive spokes on the non-drive side of the rear were so loose, they were at risk of...
  8. kwikee

Avantiplus Preston (Vic) Fire

Anyone who is interested, Rays Avantiplus in High St, Preston had a serious fire on their premises this morning, apparently discovered about 5am. Looks like it was contained fairly well but no idea of the damage internally. Lots of smoke and the MFB snorkel truck there pumping water. News...
  9. kwikee

GoPro 4 Silver vs Sony Action Cam vs any others..

Considering a mini cam for Christmas and the GoPro 4 Silver looks like a nice bit of gear, but the Sony looks to have better video with the stabilisation. Prefer GoPro mounts/shape but like how the Sony mounts on the side of a helmet. Who has what and what do you love/hate about it? Of the...
  10. kwikee

Hope rotors+ XT calipers= conflict?

Just fitted a new wheelset to my Genius, including a swap from SLX hubs with centrelock XT Icetechs to Hope Pro 2 Evo's and 6 bolt Hope Saw floating rotors. I don't know whether to post in the fuckwits thread yet, but it would seem there is no clearance between the caliper and the rivets that...
  11. kwikee

VIC *FOUND*: 2 x black Hope rotors 180mm

*Nevermind, I've ordered a pair.* Item: Pair of Hope floating Saw rotors in black, 180mm, 6 bolt. Location: I'm in Melbourne, if the price is good enough I'm happy to pay postage cost Item Condition: good to excellent (ie not flogged) Reason for buying: bought a 6 bolt wheelset, my...
  12. kwikee

Seatpost shim 30.9 to 31.6mm *SOLD Pending payment*

Item: *SOLD PENDING PAYMENT*Problem Solvers seatpost shim to fit a 30.9mm post to a 31.6mm seat tube. Location: near Heidelberg, Melbourne Item Condition: New in packet Reason for selling: Bought to fit a 30.9 dropper into a carbon frame and was dissuaded from using this, so bought a...
  13. kwikee

*SOLD* 15mm to 9mm QR hub adapter

Item: Adapter for 15mm front hub to use with QR Fork/9mm axle such as DT Swiss RWS. Location: near Heidelberg, Melbourne Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Forks all 15mm TA Price and price conditions: $20.00 posted to your door Extra Info: Makes for a nice upgrade to...
  14. kwikee

Another wheels question...

I'm looking to upgrade the stock Syncros wheels on my Genius and have been looking hard at Hope Hoops with Stans Arch Ex. I'm about 90kgs, and riding style would probably be described as XC/light AM. I've also looked at the LB carbon wheels, which when spec'ed with Novatec hubs, come in at a...
  15. kwikee

*SOLD* SLX 2/3x10 Shifters I-spec

Item: Pair of Shimano SLX shifters, 2/3 front and 10sp rear- *SOLD* Location: Heidelberg, Melbourne Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: 1x10 with XTR shifter Price and price conditions: $40 plus post Extra Info: come with cable inners and I-spec mounts. I have the other...
  16. kwikee

Tubeless conversion weight change

Tonight I have converted my Syncros wheelset to tubeless with Maxxis High Roller 2 and Ardent tyres. The question is often asked "why convert to tubeless?", and one of the reasons given is to save weight. I was curious as to exactly how much weight there was to be lost, so checked some stuff as...
  17. kwikee

XTR shifting problem

I've swapped a few things in the driveline of the Genius (1x10) and recently changed from an SLX shifter to XTR and seemingly this is where the problems began. I am running a RaceFace 32T NW ring (fairly new, no wear), XT 10sp cassette (brand new) XT shadow plus (clutch)derailleur, XTR chain...
  18. kwikee

Scott parts availability?

Since I've put a dropper post on my '14 Genius, I've been trying to get hold of a cable guide set to hold the hydraulic line where it runs up the downtube. It's internally routed to the BB, then exits. The cable guides/clamps, stupidly, are one sided and only hold the rear brake line. There...
  19. kwikee

Jensons site down?

The last couple of days I haven't been able to access Jenson USA, from phone, iPad or Mac. Tells me it cant find the server. Anyone else having problems?
  20. kwikee

SLX M678 Freehub failure

Quick ride with the kids tonight and I noticed what seemed to be a 'clicking' in the pedal, then could've been the bottom bracket. Or the other pedal? Got back home and put it on the stand to have a closer inspection and noticed some rubbing noise like brake rub but from the cassette at low...