Search results

1. carpetrunner

This goes with that - SRAM 10sp rear derailleurs

good afternoon team, I have a 10sp SRAM XX rear derailleur with exact actuation that will go up to 36t cassette. Shimano have just released 11-42 and 11-46 10sp cassettes (bastards), I can't see any extender cages that will fit my vintage XX mech :( SRAM have just released an NX derailleur for...
  2. carpetrunner

Planning and routing - why is so hard?

I must be missing something really simple here - I don't believe it could be that hard. I have a small-ish GPS (edge 530) that is OK as a display of directions on the bars while riding - but far too small to do tour planning and routing. I can do that with a laptop using basecamp - but that...
  3. carpetrunner

Will NP ban ebikes during fire bans?

I hear an ebike battery was breached and burst into flames on Manly Dam last weekend? Are ebikes a bushfire hazard? Will National Parks ban them during a fire ban? - discuss
  4. carpetrunner

How to do I sell a less than perfect car?

Burners, kinda opposite of the Project cars thread... My partner's VW caddy is less than perfect, there is a lot of internal rust due to carting salty wet dogs to and from the beach, the rear doors don't open any more, cause the locks are stuffed full of sand and there are some bent panels. It...
  5. carpetrunner

Sunday afternoon metalwork challenge - will XD fit inside microspline?

Now that my whole drivetrain is obsolete and soon I'll not be able to buy shimano HG cassettes and Shimano won't license Hope to make a microspline freehub so my wheels are also toast... I wonder if microspline is large enough OD to make an adapter to fit over an XD? It looks pretty close...
  6. carpetrunner

XT for one Race

Rotors, Today I noticed less than snappy shifting from the XTR 11sp rear. The association between the cage and the mech appeared to be less formal than I expected. Some wrenching later... this is what it is supposed to look like; it's not supposed to look kike this; is this common or am I...
  7. carpetrunner

Anyone using HRV to guide training load?

Burners, I hear most of the top XC riders and some of the endubro/DH riders are using Heart Rate Variability (HRV) to guide training load. HRV indicates the balance between relaxation/recovery and fight/flight. Low HRV indicating overtraining. Gradually raise training load until HRV falls...
  8. carpetrunner

What the hell is a favicon and where is it?

Dearest codegrunts, You learn something new every day - I just found out the little icon in the bookmark bar is called a favicon. Anyway, for me (win10/chrome) it has disappeared - I think it happened a while back - it it gets cached so it is difficult to tell when. There is a favicon checker...
  9. carpetrunner

Direct Mount rear derailleurs...

I guess direct mount rear derailleurs have been around long enough for everyone to have an opinion. Who has one? Is there any difference? shifting performance? rock avoidance? reluctance to bend? Only used by DH? The rear wheel is a pia to remove with a 10-46 and goatlink - I was thinking of...
  10. carpetrunner

FOUND Camera - Morgan road near Oxford Falls

Found a camera on the weekend, it has some holiday snaps - they look lovely. No idea if they ride - but it was within 100m of the car park so I'll give it a try here... Does anyone know either of these two?
  11. carpetrunner

Bike the Boot 2017 - trip report

Bike The Boot is an organised tour run by Wild Horizons (from Highland Fling) https://www.wildhorizons.com.au/events-and-tours/tours/biking-the-boot/ I'll freely admit that although I have done a few Highland Flings and helped out on the dark side, I had no idea of what I was getting myself...
  12. carpetrunner

Where to drill a hole in an '09 Enduro

It's an old alloy '09 Spesh Enduro. I have short legs and a long body, this means longer stem/wider bars and a seatpost with setback and the saddle rammed back. so I'm pretty sure that I need a dropper with setback. There are 3 options I know of; 9point8, KS dropzone and a Spesh command...
  13. carpetrunner

BB replacement - XTR or XT?

The last time I did the bottom bracket (std screw in cups) - the collective opinion here was that the XTR cups had better seals so it was worth more $. The XTR BB has lasted well, through mud and salty sand...:thumb: but it is starting to tighten up and it is now replacement time. So, has...
  14. carpetrunner

tapatalk image problems

Maybe I'm the only one left using a PC rather than tapatalk on a phone? Recently I've noticed that some images don't appear :( For example - I'd love to know what a two part bleed port assembly looks like; ...but I just get the broken image icon. The image address is...
  15. carpetrunner

#enduro(tm) backpacks - anyone got em?

I've been looking for a 20L backpack for an overseas mtb holiday and I came across a few that call themselves #endurotm backpacks. with back protection to an impressive CE standard EN 1621-2 - which sounds like a good idea. Does anyone have one? what's the opinion? I'm thinking of this...
  16. carpetrunner

FOUND - WTB [NSW] post mount adapter 180 to 203mm (+23)

Burners, I have fox36s with post mounts for a 180mm disc, I have a 203mm disc, so I'm looking for a +23mm adapter. - carpetrunner
  17. carpetrunner

Fork options for 26", 150~160mm..... 1 1/8 straight

The new crop of 26" plus size tyres has me thinking maybe there's life in the old '09 Spesh Enduro. She's badly in need of a mid-life refresh so, starting with the hardest bit... The old Fox 32's are a little flexy - was thinking Pikes :love: but they are taper only :doh: Used for...
  18. carpetrunner

Carbon crown/headset misery

Team, I've worn out my brain uppers and a carbon crown costs way more than a new set of SIDs - so now I have a set of SID XX World Cups. The old brain had a carbon crown with an alloy lower headset bearing collar/seat with a 45 chamfer, looks like it was made by Spesh. The new SIDs also...
  19. carpetrunner

Anyone riding or racing on beta blockers?

Dear Cardiac Team, About 20 months back I had a problem that resulted in a stent, ACE inhibitors and Beta Blockers. I'm back into reasonable intensity on bunch road rides and have done a few hard dirt rides but haven't had the guts to have a go at XC racing again. Is anyone else riding...
  20. carpetrunner

Sorry road interrupt - Campagnolo help required

Hi all, I've come here as the road forums are full of err... roadies. I have a 2009 carbon 11sp record compact crankset (FC9 model) and I need a new 50T chainring soon-ish. The original chainrings FC-SR034/FC-SR050 have long gone out of production... Campagnolo changed the chainring bolts...