Search results

1. H

The bike industry crisis

https://singletrackworld.com/2024/04/concern-for-kona-as-staff-take-down-stand-at-sea-otter
  2. H

Bargain buys thread

I rode a bike with no bottle cages for years, never again! So I can extend the range to n this bad boy and ride all the way to dehydration. And there is no room for a bottle in my pack as that is already full of food snacks :) It is a killer deal.
  3. H

Bargain buys thread

This got me excited. Pretty good price until I read this in a review Accessory mounts feature on the underside of the top tube, but there are no bottle cage mounts, despite there being enough room inside the front triangle.
  4. H

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Is it too early to call for cartoon of the year ? This is a good one.
  5. H

eBike with best reliability and repairable.

This was well worth watching. I hate the way the bike industry wants to go smaller and lighter when we need what ever will provide reliable stuff.
  6. H

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

I have a KIA carnival, not really a suv but you can take the middle seats out and the back row folds down for large van room. The seats are super comfy for long trips. The down side is that is that is still NOT big enough for my 3 kids not to fight on a car trip. I do need to upgrade soon to...
  7. H

Bargain buys thread

They were sexier bikes in the past. With most bikes of this era using the same/similar sus platform there is nothing special here but the price.
  8. H

VIC WTD, QR Disc Hubs

I think the hubs are joytech. They are 32 hole QR. I can take pics when I get home.
  9. H

VIC WTD, QR Disc Hubs

I have some no name hubs, that came new on a set of wheels from a Kona HT. I used the rims with other hubs. I will try and find the bike they came from.
  10. H

29" XL SS Hardtail frame, steel or Ti preferred

I have a Nimble 9 with a carbon fork. https://canfieldbikes.com/pages/2013-2015-canfield-nimble-9
  11. H

WTD: Cane Creek S2 Headset in Red

No one is biting because WTD in the title means Want to Duel, pistol style, for the headset. Best I can do is a Black S3. You got red paint?
  12. H

NSW zee left hand brake lever

Is this a hack to shift into breaking mode or just a good bargain that belongs in the bargain thread;)
  13. H

9 speed chain-ring and 10 speed...?

I ran older 9 speed front rings on a 2 x 10 set up and it shifted ok. Cranks were 3x and I just used 2 rings with a 10 speed cassette and chain. It was just a commuter where 90% of the time i was in the bigger ring. Front shifted ok but not as nice as the previous 9 speed 3x
  14. H

Middle East situation

yeah nah, they went out the door with covid and they have never really let go of policing opinions since.
  15. H

Ebike Max Weight

That explains why I have cracked 2 frames and normall kill the hubs on the stock wheels. I have been lucky with warranties over the years. I think I will take Dozers advice and Ignore it. I was going to quit riding if I needed to diet to get on an ebike. I dint think I am ready for a 180mm...
  16. H

Ebike Max Weight

Max weight including rider is as low as 120kgs on some bikes I have been looking at, WTF! I was sold the dream that I could get fat and fly up hills and bomb down hills eating endless cakes, pies and beers along the way. How critical is this and is any one pushing well past the weight limit? I...
  17. H

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

I find all parties disappointing in this area. The separation between elected MPs, govs and the party organization is never clear for an event like this. Maybe the greens should be congratulated here for passively picking the winner and not wasting money on the yes... lol
  18. H

Or are they just following their model of do what I say but I will do it with someone else’s money.
  19. H

Tight ass greens did not even donate .. lol https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-03/greens-did-not-donate-to-voice-referendum-campaign/103659858
  20. H

Bargain buys thread

Half decent e bike for 5k https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/a/dual-suspension-e-mountain-bike/kona/remote-130/114334681