Search results

1. bazza

Mountain Biking in Europe

Hey everyone, I was chasing some advice from those that have been lucky enough to head over to Europe to ride some trails. I am heading over at the end of the month with my gf (also rides!) and we are touring around in our camper van and we are heading through the south of France...
  2. bazza

VIC Jamis Allegro 3.0 15" Small SOLD

Item: Jamis Allegro 3.0 15" Small Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Great, not ridden enough though. Reason for selling: Not commuting, time for a roadie. Price and price conditions: $600 ONO. Extra Info: As per below Pictures: Fork- Carbon Jamis Shifter- Shimano 10 Spd...
  3. bazza

VIC Fluid Rhythm Small 15" Mountain Bike $400 SOLD!!

Item: Fluid Rhythm 15" (small) Mountain Bike Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Great! Not ridden nearly enough. Reason for selling: Got a new bike. Price and price conditions: $400 ONO Extra Info: As per below. Pictures: As attached. Can email more! Fork- Rock Shox...
  4. bazza

Pictures from Events Prices

I did an event on the weekend, thought great, I might buy a photo from it. Went to the website where the photographer was based and they wanted $45 for a single hi res photo. After paying around the same price for 10+ hi res, much better quality images from aurora (BMC) I thought this was a bit...
  5. bazza

Townsville to Cairns CCIA Ride!

This ride takes place at the end of this month and every year gets bigger and bigger with the level of support it recieves. So common Rotorburn, show your support! If you haven't done your good deed for the week, or are feeling super generous for this week you should contribute to this great...
  6. bazza

Long weekend getaway!

Was going to post this in the roadie thread but decided to put it in here. We have a long weekend upon us and I would love to catch a train somewhere and ride back. possibly an overnighter and camp somewhere! Just going to buy main meals on the way and just looking for some options/opinions...
  7. bazza

Sweet things on your trails

Post up some things that make your trails unique and smile every time you go past. This is one of the coolest things on my local trail. Still blows my mind everytime I ride past it. Also appreshd the hammock that was up at our top summit as well for a while. I wish I got a photo of...
  8. bazza

Jjaaappppaaannn

So I can get return flights to Tokoy for $250 incl 20kg's of baggage. I think that rules pretty hard. Anyone want to come on a cycling holiday? Is it possible? What time frame should I leave? Going to go an get a Lonely Planet book today to try and start plotting out its feasibility and that its...
  9. bazza

Dexter

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1773191 get into it. i hope episodes continued to get leaked. series 3 episode 1.
  10. bazza

Where to go?

So this year we went to rotorua in NZ to ride for 2 weeks. We have started to plan for next year another overseas riding adventure. Options so far are SE Asia and Spain. Pretty broad! On a budget to some degree, but one of our organisers is a GUN at getting cheap flights and travel insurance, so...
  11. bazza

Staying healthy

Alright, After reading the weight loss topic, I wanted to start one along the lines of health. I do have issues within my family relating to weight and heart disease/heart attacks at 40 etc etc etc, however over the last few years cycling has kept my waist down. My main issue however is...
  12. bazza

Most Efficient Meat

So, the question is, what is the most efficient meat! I forgot about Kangaroo! Damnit! But its not a meat available to a large portion of the world either, so therefore it doesn't count. I am not talking animal wellfare either. Talking about total amount of energy/resources it takes to gain an...
  13. bazza

Wanted: Surly Long Haul Trucker!

Hey guys chasing up for a guy any bike shops in Australia that have a Surly Long Haul Trucker in stock! Wanted around the 56cm mark. If anyone has any let me know he is really keen for one of these bikes! DW have no stock unfortunetly.
  14. bazza

Why boot fitting racks are crap

Ok so more so user error than anything else however, as a good tradesman does, he blames his tools. To the bottom line of the story, webbing on the boot fitting style of racks only has a short and limited lifespan before it needs replacing. This is more so the case when you are placing heavy...
  15. bazza

Jamis 08 Dragon Pro w/upgrades.....sweet ones. + Rotorua

Here's my Jamis 08 Dragon Pro! I love it, its an amazing bike, nothing special on it but everything works, is super strong and reliable for what im using it for and the weight is great! Last scale check was just a touch over 11kg's with 1300-1400g worth of rubber on it! Specs as...
  16. bazza

Rotorua Appresh Thread

Sitting in Auckland airport at present after the bus ride across and not looking forward to returning home to hot/wet Townsville. Rotorua IS AMAZING. If you have ANY doubts about travelling over to ride, don't! I can see why people ride all mountain bikes/single speeders/29r's now! It's all so...
  17. bazza

combination of things

1st. guitar hero 3 rules. tried playing some songs on hard. don't yet have the motivation to make the leap into having a decent crack at career on hard. can 5 star almost every song except the ones at lou's and dragonforce. amazing stories about guitar hero should be posted here. if anyone owns...
  18. bazza

What The Hell

yet another stunning moment for the Australian government and their foriegn affairs. 2 australian sailors were detained in the US for being involved in a brawl at a bar about football and gridiron or something stupid like that. they have had their passports suspended and will face US courts...
  19. bazza

fattyandthepiemakers lives another day

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2007/11/17/8296_hpnews.html right hand side.
  20. bazza

strange request : 36h dual threaded hub

this is not for me but for someone building a very weird bike. what i need is a dual threaded (not sure what the tech term is) hub for a 36h rim. this is so a cassette can be threaded onto one side and a disc brake mount can be threaded on the other. strange yes i know. let me know if you...