Search results

1. el~rio

ROAD Project All Road - Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra Di2 Disc

Not sure how well a road bike will be recieced here, but here goes. New bike time! What I have planned is a high performance road bike for riding off the beaten track (roads?). My riding lately has been featuring a fair few dirt roads and rougher country roads, so a bike that I can use to...
  2. el~rio

What Year Model Is This Fork

Just wondering if someone could identify what year model this fork is. As far as I can figure it is a Fox F-32 Factory RLC 15mm Fit Kashima. I'd also be interested to know if it has internally adjustable travel as I'd like to be able to change it from it's current 120mm to 140mm. I've got more...
  3. el~rio

What Bottom Bracket Do I Need?

So I've bought a new XT crankset for my 2012 Anthem X 29er to replace the stock SRAM crank. As the bike has a SRAM GXP press fit bottom bracket what bottom bracket/ adapter will I need to get the XT crankset to fit?
  4. el~rio

Latex Tube Recommendations

I'm looking to try some latex tubes but have no idea what brand to buy. I'm currently looking at Michelin, Challenge and Vittoria but I'm open to other brands as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  5. el~rio

2009 Rockshox Sid Internally Adjustable Travel?

So during one of my many bike related internet tangents I stumbled upon this page - Rockshox SID Race 2009/2010 Adding/Removing All Travel Spacer - and I'm wondering if this same procedure would work to convert my 2009 100mm World Cup Sid to 120mm? Photo of my fork model because the post...
  6. el~rio

Top End Mountain Bike Shoes - Sidi vs Specialized

Hi all, As the title states I'm looking for a new pair of MTB shoes and have decided I can justify a top end pair. At this stage I'm looking at Sidi Drako/ Dragon 3 and Specialized S-Work MTB/ MTB Evo as that's what I can get locally and have read good reviews of I would greatly...
  7. el~rio

Adding Bottle Cage Bosses

So I just got a new frame and it doesn't have bottle cage bosses. Where should I go to get them added or what would I need to do it myself? The frame is steel if that matters. Thanks in advance
  8. el~rio

All Mountain Helmet

So it's about time I got a real MTB helmet. At the moment I'm leaning towards a MET Kaos as I've got a MET Inferno that feels as if it was made for my head but am tempted by the Giro Xar. What have you used and what would you recommend? Possible options at this stage are: MET Kaos UL...
  9. el~rio

Trail Building Attire

I know it's a bit of an odd question but what do you wear when trail building?
  10. el~rio

Camelbak Mule vs Mule NV

So I've decided its time for a new Camelbak. Main reasons being the one I've got is an about 6-7 year old hand me down, I'm keen on the new Antidote reservoir and I like new stuff (don't we all?). I've decided on a Mule but now I have to decide between the normal Mule or the Mule NV. At...
  11. el~rio

XC bike for a beginer

Hi all, One of my friends that I took out on a ride the other day has decided that he would like to switch from moto to mountain biking and has asked me for some help getting a bike. I asked him what type of riding he wants to do and his budget and he replied XC racing and about $2000...
  12. el~rio

Introducing Someone to MTBing

Hi all, I've organized to introduce one of my friends to MTBing. He is going to borrow one of my bikes, a Giant ATX with a fairly good spec which I will put flats on for him. He is a good motorbike rider, racing both motocross and enduros. Can anyone provide some advice or tips on...
  13. el~rio

Shimano SH-R310 vs SIDI Ergo 2 Carbon Lite road shoes

Has anyone else gone through this decision, if so which way did you go, or does anyone have either and like to share their opinion? I like a tight fitting shoe. I've got a pair of Louis Garneau's top level MTB shoe which have a lose fit, which I don't like. I like to be able to really clamp...
  14. el~rio

3 degree V's 5 degree bend in flat bars

So as the title states, I was wondering what the difference between a flat bar with 3 degrees sweep and a flat bar with 5 degrees sweep would feel like. eg quicker steering, more weight on the front wheel, anything. Thanks in advance. Oh, and if the message looks like its not wrote well...
  15. el~rio

Oakley Radar or Jawbone

So I'm looking for a new pair of glasses for riding and thought I'd give some Oakley Radars a go. The only problem is they have 3 different models with different lens shapes. Would any particular one be better for riding or is it a different lenses for different face shapes? Also I'm looking...
  16. el~rio

Need help pricing my bike

Hi guys, I'm looking to sell my jump bike and have no idea how much its worth and was wondering if somebody could help. Quick spec list: Frame - Da Bomb XLR-8R 14" Fork - Marzocchi DJ 2, QR Rims - Da Bomb Da Rim Camo Hubs - Sun Ringle Disk Jockey (not sure as parent got them them for...
  17. el~rio

Liability and Insurance. Need Help.

I posted this in another thread and didn't get any answers, I think maybe the title didn't attract the people that may have had answers. Mods, feel free to delete if you fell it should be. So me and some guys from our area are keen to get some dirt jumps going. The are we have picked is the...
  18. el~rio

Recommend me a new ISIS bottom bracket.

Hi all. I am in need of a new high quailty ISIS BB for my road bike, and as the title states, am looking for recommendations, reviews ect. Preferably being able to be purchased through Chain Reaction Cycles.
  19. el~rio

Dirt Jumps in Albury

So me and a couple of friends are keen to get some dirt jumps going. There are already some jumps but they haven't been touched in years and are in really bad condition, and I'm pretty sure there illegal, but they have been there for years and not touched. They are in the same area as second...
  20. el~rio

Rear Axle

I am looking at getting a new frame with horizontal drop outs and was just making sure I couldn't use my QR rear hub with it, as it would slip forward in the drop puts? I'd need a bolt up hub right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.