Search results

1. jamsta

Photography

Do a course, even if it's a short course. Also, learn the old school technique of processing film yourself. YES, FILM! You'll need an understanding of the "real" photo world before any other "pro" will take you serious. Chat to as many pro photographers that will listen to you and DON'T pigeon...
  2. jamsta

BMXer Dies!

What a horrible accident for a young bloke [or anyone] to go through. My heart goes out to the family. What I'm confussed about is why does Norco have to apologise? :confused:
  3. jamsta

good at photoshop? bored? help me?

How so? :confused: After almost 20 years in the design and motion graphics industry, and also being on an Adobe Beta test team before, I'm not generalising or assuming anything...
  4. jamsta

That is NOT the best version of PS, it's only the latest - and it's very very illagal you run a pirate version of the thing, which in turn makes it even more expensive for people like myself who must pay for it. Shame on you! Around 85% of all functions you need in PS were available in version...
  5. jamsta

COMPUTER HELP MEGATHREAD - ask questions and offer solutions here!!!

that's not entirely true... you can plug 2 computers into each other directly without a hub, switch or router, but you need a Cross-over [X-over] network cable, not a standard cat5/6 cable.
  6. jamsta

That is true, BUT Photoshop is NOT the program they expect you to create it in. Although PS can save an EPS, it's not a vector EPS, it's actually a JPG/EPS... What you want is a vector program like Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW or Freehand [to name but 3] Oh, EPS stands for Encapsulated...
  7. jamsta

Prison Movies

a couple not mentioned... Down by Law - Director: Jim Jarmusche, Cast: Tom Waits, Roberto Benigni & John Lurie [awesome flic] The Longest Yard [for shit's'n"giggles]
  8. jamsta

So What Bones Have You Broken????

Left Clavicle [collar bone] ALL the bones in my right foot, plus snapped ankle off Left Elbow Right metacaple and 5th digit Nose Right Cheekbone Cracked hip Right foot again! Ripped tip of left middle finger OFF, plus snapped the bone. I have more titanium under my skin than I do on...
  9. jamsta

pumpkins and QOTSA

yes I did.
  10. jamsta

pumpkins and QOTSA

shit, that's a bit rich Rik... I better make sure I sell my tickets to Phantom of the Opera, and throw out those KISS tickets I have for the GP, not to forget trying to get a refund to The Police gig I saw the other week??? Know when the Rocky Horror Show comes back to Aus, I'd better make...
  11. jamsta

Steel V's Aluminium

Here's an old article I have in my archive... It should help clear alot of sh!t up regarding metals. Bare in mind, this guy builds mostly road frames, but same theory applies. It's all about the metal and how it's built. Don't get me wrong, I love all sorts of metals for different reasons, but...
  12. jamsta

Saddle Bags

checkout some of the AXIOM gear bloke http://www.axiomgear.com/index_2.php ;)
  13. jamsta

lift to buller???

S is for Sleeeeeze huh? :eek::rolleyes:;) Isn't it funny how FAT doesn't relate to getting a root?! :cool::eek::D
  14. jamsta

lift to buller???

What days Cippa? I'm heading up, and there's room! Actually, there's always room for another rider/photoguru! ;):rolleyes:
  15. jamsta

What shock pump?

As someone who designs this shit, they're all the same! just get ANY brand that has a gauge and fits into your price budget! seriously, don't believe ANY BS that appears in ADS/.TVC's etc... It's ALL garbage! Stick it to the MAN! [whatever poofter brand that is...]
  16. jamsta

Anybody responsible enough to lead a protest?

OH shit, SPINNER replied! One guy I totally respect... listen to this bloke kiddo's, he knows the shiz the niggas! ;) also, he ripped BMX B4 MTB started :eek: that either makes him a guru or a pink/white fingerless glove wearing fag? :confused::rolleyes:;):p Lovin' ya work SPINNER! glad to see...
  17. jamsta

Anybody responsible enough to lead a protest?

Guys, seroiusly? As if you'd get on a fucking CONNEX train in peakhour anyway, regardless of trying to fit a rig in? C'mon, ya just fucking crying for the sake of crying about something (no personal offense) - focus on the fact the train system is FUCKED! Then worry about when we can fit our...
  18. jamsta

Your claims to fame

If hanging with muso's or celebs is a claim, then I think I have a few. If getting in mags/newspapers is a claim, then I guess I have some of that too. Muso's: Knew Michael Hutchence (INXS) - had lots of cola with Ollie Olsen, Gus and friends! Got drunk with Metallica in 87 & 90(?) Got Baby...
  19. jamsta

How do you manual

^^ He's right! (sorry I havent read all the replies, so I may be repeating comments) dont forget to also bend your knees and spread your legs (not like a hooker, but close) to keep your balance side to side... shift direction/leg weight as needed ;) touch back brake as needed (very softly)
  20. jamsta

Kovarik lost sponsers.

I think we're judging the poor bloke wrong. If I had to listen to a copper speek more than 3 uneducated words, I'd love to smack the twat too. If I had to shuttle a bunch of Dhers up a hill, I'd expect to be drinking piss, and if I was EXPECTED to be a "roll model" to those same DHers I'd be...