Search results

1. c3024446

ROAD Specialized Langster Pro Commuter

Here is my new commuter. The wife said I do not use my track bike and should sell it. This build is my rebuttal to that comment. If I ever want to ride the track again it will take 20 minutes to convert it back….. Frame – 2011 Specialized Langster Fork – Ritchey Carbon Comp Wheels – Mavic...
  2. c3024446

NSW Fox 2008ish 140mm air spring

Want to replace the Talas cartridge that is leaking into the lowers [emoji20] Will fix up to template when i get home. Cheers, Mark Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. c3024446

Fingerless Gloves, what is good?

Need some new fingerless gloves. The current ones i have are getting very old, and think they are too sticky, they start wearing out my Lizard Skin bar tape within 2000km (or is that normal?) Anyone have a go-to glove? Currently have ones with loops to make taking them off pretty easy, don't...
  4. c3024446

NSW Specialized Taco blade spacer

Hi guys, Unlikely, but does someone have the spacer they want to sell, or know the dimensions of it? Cheers! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. c3024446

Derailleur Cage straightening......not hanger

Is it possible to get a good result straightening a derailleur cage? Not taking about the hanger here - that's easy enough to straighten with the correct tool. Is there a gauge or something you can buy which determines if the cage is bent? Or a way to check that yes, the cage is bent...
  6. c3024446

NSW Broken Reverb Stealth....please?

Item: Broken Reverb Stealth A2 (2012-2015) Post Location: Newcastle, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: $100 Extra Info: If no hose, no problem, just want the post. 30.9 diameter preferred, drop amount doesn't matter. Cheers!
  7. c3024446

2018 Trek Stache, other bikes not coming to Aus?

A little birdy has told me that the 2018 Trek Stache (29+ hardtail) won't be coming to Australia this year due to it having no FD or chainguide, so it can't be sold here?! Wouldn't the new Spec Epic and Giant Anthem should have same issue? Anyone shed some light on this? I was looking really...
  8. c3024446

Exotic car hire for a day in Sydney - dumb idea?

After an opinion from some like minded individuals on something to treat my wife for our 10 year anniversary……… Was thinking about possibly hiring a Ferrari convertible (430 etc) for the day from Sydney and driving through the national park and along the coast to Wollongong and back. The...
  9. c3024446

NSW FOUND 29er fork, tapered or straight >180mm steerer, 9mm dropouts, 100-120mm

Item: 29er fork, with 180mm steerer, 9mm dropouts, 100 or 120mm travel Location: Newcastle Item Condition: working Reason for selling: Price and price conditions: $200? Extra Info: Pictures: After a 29er fork with 9mm dropouts, 100 or 120mm travel, 180mm tapered or straight...
  10. c3024446

NSW fOUND Fox fork damper to work on a 32mm, 100mm, 26” Travel fork (prefer open bath)

Item: Fox fork damper to work on a 32mm, 100mm, 26” Travel fork (prefer open bath) Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Working? Price and price conditions: $100? Extra Info: Fox fork damper to work on a 32mm, 100mm, 26” Travel fork (prefer open bath) Was working on the wife’s bike...
  11. c3024446

NSW Found Shimano 3x9 Shifter Set (F&R)

Item: found Shimano 3x9 Shifter Set (F&R), Deore or above, even LX? Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Working Price and price conditions: $50? Any out there?
  12. c3024446

NSW FOUND Specialized 2nd Gen FB mount bracket (from 2014/15 Camber, Stumpjumper etc)

Item: Specialized 2nd Gen FB mount bracket (from 2014/15 Camber, Stumpjumper etc) Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Working Price and price conditions: Willing to pay lots Extra Info: Pictures: So after much, much searching, i've discovered to fit the correct front derailleur (S3...
  13. c3024446

NSW FOUND SRAM S3 low mount front derailleur (with bolts)

Item: SRAM 2x10 S3 low mount front derailleur Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Working Price and price conditions: Name your price Fixing a bike for a mate that he had stolen, but was recovered by the police (lucky bugger). Edit: Thought he needed a Taco but actually doesn't. Needs...
  14. c3024446

Reverb rebuild fail - throw it in the bin?

Recently i bought a broken reverb (non-stealth) off someone to rebuild as a project. It's a V1 post (silver collar), so it was out of warranty. The top cap was flogged so I replaced it, and I thought that doing a full bleed of everything (post internals + hose) and putting a new seal kit on it...
  15. c3024446

NSW 26" 120mm Fork, 1-1/8" Straight steerer, QR Wheel <$200 Newcastle

Item: 26" 120mm Fork, 1-1/8" Straight steerer at least 200mm long, QR Wheel Location: Newcastle Item Condition: Needs to be working well Price and price conditions: <$200 Extra Info: Prefer Rockshox but Fox is OK. Needs to be an air fork. Fixing a bike for a mate. Hoping for a Reba or a SID...
  16. c3024446

Your go-to method of centreing a brake calliper

What’s everyone’s go-to method of centreing a brake calliper on a disc? It takes me way too long to do it just by sight, but this seems to work better than squeezing the lever then tightening the calliper bolts evenly. Is there a fast, fool-proof way that works - especially on elixir...
  17. c3024446

Rear shock rebuilds too hard for a home mechanic?

I love to fix my own bikes, over time have built up all the tools to fix and service everything like brakes, Rock Shox forks, etc. There is one thing I can’t do though - Rear shock rebuilds / servicing. I know I would need a 500PSI shock pump for the Internal Floating Piston, an adaptor or...
  18. c3024446

New rules for cyclists in NSW - Safe passing distances, but massive fines as well....

New laws: Need to carry photo ID Passing distance law of 1m <60kph, 1.5m for >60kph Fines: Not wearing a helmet: $317 :yuck: Running a red light: $425 :yuck: Must add more steel to roadie so it trips the lights now I guess...
  19. c3024446

Where to get a "sample pack" of spokes

Any one know the best place to get 4 or so spokes in a variety of lengths, e.g. 4 x 280mm, 4 x 282mm,....4 x 300mm etc, 2.0 standard size and in black or silver? I've been burning through my spare spokes fixing mine and a couple of mates bikes. I don't want to buy 20 of each or single ones...
  20. c3024446

M785 rear calliper - where is the leak?

My rear brake keeps developing a bubble in the calliper, and I don’t know what’s causing it. On the bike it looks similar to this (i.e. bleed screw facing down): I’ve recently put a new shimano BH90 hose on the brake (brakeset is 3yo, old hose was leaking contaminating the pads, note...