Search results

1. ausdb

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

I couldn't find a thread worth gravedigging Oops I didn't mean to hit post yet, there's a draft on my PC at home still. Here's the TLDR synopsis, It will mainly be used as a mum's taxi but with the ability to load up and get away for some long country trips. Not sure if it is a short or long...
  2. ausdb

DT Swiss 3 pawl freehub budget options for HG or microspline

I am running 11 speed and have a DT Swiss 370 3 pawl XD freehub and seen to have painted myself into a corner as far as budget cassette options go if I want more than a 42. So I'm looking to change freehub to either HG or bite the bullet and get a cheap Deore 12 speed setup. My Jabubuing is not...
  3. ausdb

Spitty for the Hallion

This has been a long time in gestation but the Hallion is growing at an alarming rate and if I don't let him ride this soon, he'll have grown out of it by the time he gets it. More details to follow next weekend when I drag the rest of the bits out of the shed and we do a bit more. Frame -...
  4. ausdb

Specialized Upper shock bolt

Item: The countersunk M6 bolt for a Specialized Stumpjumper, Levo or Status etc Location: Perth Item Condition: Better than the one in the picture, used is fine Reason for buying: I would rather not buy a whole shock hardware kit if I have to Price and price conditions: You tell me Extra Info...
  5. ausdb

20" street BMX advice

My Mr 11 has just turned 12 and wants to buy himself a street / freestyle bmx with money hes saved so is looking at used up to $3-400. To me they all look the same, the last time I was interested in them was as a kid when the ones to get were Kuwahura or Redline and Skyway tuffs were cool. Are...
  6. ausdb

Found a Non boost front hub or 29 non boost front wheel

Item: Non Boost 32hole 6 bolt front hub std spokes OR 29 front wheel 27-30mm internal with a similar hub. Location: Perth, happy to pay post on the right item Price range/Willing to Pay: Low end, depends on whats on offer Extra Info: My projects are always a few generations behind the times...
  7. ausdb

Found 142 x 12 24h rear hub or a dead wheel

Item: 142 x 12 24h rear hub or a dead wheel with usable hub, prefer 6 bolt. Location: Anywhere if you're willing to post. Price range/Willing to Pay: less than $100 posted. Extra Info: 26" thru axle wheels seem to be hard to find at the moment, plan B is to replace the QR hub in the wheel I...
  8. ausdb

Found WTB 26" 142 x 12 rear wheel or 26 wheelset or Banshee Gen 1 QR drops

Item: 26" 142 x 12 rear wheel or 26" wheelset with 15 x 100 front Location: Perth or anywhere if you're willing to post, Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends whats on offer, but less than what a set of these will cost me...
  9. ausdb

Kids flat pedal shoes

Mr10 has been hassling me as "he doesn't" have proper bike shoes/pedals now, so seeing the post about the discount on ride concepts I saw they have these in his size https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/ride-concepts-vice-youth-flat-shoes The livewires are stiffer soled but none left in US6 I've also...
  10. ausdb

WA Found Fork fluids

Item: 5w and 15w fork fluids for Rockshox Location: Perf Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than buying a whole litre bottle Extra Info: I've got two 32mm rockshox forks with motion control dampers to service. Just wondering if anyone in Perth has any big bottles of fluid they wouldn't mind...
  11. ausdb

POS Blackie the bike formerly known as Project FD1 XTC 29er

A supposedly budget build for a fat dad to get back into mountain biking Frame - Giant XTC composite 2013 size M ex @Isaakk Rear shock - Front shock/fork - 2015 SID 100 mm need get brave and fit the 120mm air shaft and work out how to remove the remote Handlebars - borrowed Norco 780mm ta...
  12. ausdb

Modern day bars & stem for an old newb where to start?

Possibly a quick question, possibly a f/wits question, should probably ask this in a PYR but I haven't started one yet ;) I'm looking for bars and stem for my 29er hardtail project. I'm trying to do the build on a budget something along the lines of @nathanm's Torrent and the pickings on the...
  13. ausdb

Random old 26 fork ID question

I'll be starting my own search for 26" 100-120mm 1-1/8 unicorns soon. Whilst looking I've seen these for sale with some 26" wheels. All the seller says is 110mm travel dual air. Does anyone have any idea what they are?
  14. ausdb

Used Helm air avoid or ok?

I'm looking at used forks for a couple of projects and one of them needs a reasonably solid 27.5 medium long travel fork and the Helm seems to fit the bill, especially in regards to travel adjustment range. However based on the discussion here about the CCDB and user serviceability I am...
  15. ausdb

The Woodwork thread

Time to start a thread to share woodworking stuff that you have done or are doing now, whether its for real money, play or pleasure
  16. ausdb

Absolute Black 30T 104BCD Chainring bolt question

The subject says it all, I bought a 1x10 drivetrain with one of these as the chainring a while back and have decided to finally use it. The ring comes with it's own bolts in particular two smaller ones to allow it to work on the 104BCD but unfortunately the chainring bolts got lost in...
  17. ausdb

WA Found - WTB Cranks suitable for shortening

Item: 104BCD Black Non hollow arm cranks suitable for shortening to 140-150mm for a kids bike, Location: Perth but happy to pay post Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on whats on offer, not too much I hope :) Extra Info: I'm building up a XS 26er for my son, I already have a 1 x 10...
  18. ausdb

Off road touring MTB Brake choices with front disc only which one BB7 or Hydro?

Sorry if it sounds a bit rambling but theres lots of ideas going round in my head at the moment:confused: and yes I have searched but most of the posts on this subject are old so I was after some current thinking/ advice. The short story, I am after suggestions of what sort of front disk to...