Search results

1. A

Training a dog for trails

Funny thing about eating thongs, they smell like you so its a bonding moment. Yes it relates to no more thongs but they generally eat shoes & thongs cause they smell like their owners & their toys don't. Fill a Kong toy with peanut butter & it will keep him preoccupied for awhile, I had to...
  2. A

somebody buy this ideal shuttle rig.

I can add nothing constructive here, but laughed that we towed one of these out of the Pentecost river. The bloke driving it sheepishly asked for help won't lie he copped a lot of shit from us about his "ultimate off road vehicle" Toyota Troop Carrier to the rescue lol
  3. A

Kelly McGarry - Ride in Peace

YT has their site down & replace with the tribute to Kelly http://www.yt-industries.com/en/ Shocked when I saw the posts last night & saddened when I woke up to see the news was true
  4. A

Poor finacial decision mean I'm building a Focus Sam

Going to say I'm loving this bike, been covering more & more km's trying more & more stuff on it mind you bitched out on the drop bigger drop at oxford falls made a friend said drop I skirted out on
  5. A

Knolly Grassroots Racing Aus/NZ

Looks like a pretty cool opportunity, good to see companies like Knolly reaching out for more than just talent but looking for brand positive people. Wish I was younger & had more free time to get out & race, cause I'd be on this like a fat kid on cake.
  6. A

Thredbo New All Mountain Trail

Kinda on topic kinda off topic, anyone have suggestions for bike friendly accommodation down in Thredbo? Trying to plan a trip down late feb & reading the reviews I feel its a must for me to go & explore.
  7. A

Bell Super 2R with a neck brace

Only planning to use it on more DH/free ride trails to be honest. I'm headed to green valley at the end of the month & taking my DH bike & Sam, taking the brace for the more burly looking trails there.
  8. A

So the MET fits with a EVS RC brace, this is my "until i have a spare $400 for a leatt" brace https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/evs-rc-evolution-neck-brace The EVS brace is bulky in comparison to the leatt braces, its a little restrictive but not a bad as I thought. With a lower...
  9. A

What are you listening to NOW?

Short song - Real Friends
  10. A

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

This couldn't be more true, & that only got worse on the m50/52 engines their alloy heads warp with the slightest overheating
  11. A

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Even if it is a head gasket, to change on on the m30b35 isn't too hard of a job. If you have some mechanical finesse you can have the old one out & new one in <5hrs(with beer breaks). Unfortunately it is more likely to be a head gasket over a sensor the m20 & m30's a well know for popping them...
  12. A

What are you listening to NOW?

Went to bed watching Labyrinth last night, Bowie is one who will be missed by the masses. At the moment Head to the ground by Neck deep saw them at the metro Saturday night, next up on the playlist The Rumjacks
  13. A

What car do you drive?

Couldn't have put it any better than that. my 1990 bmw e30 clocked up 200,000km with me & had 1 major issue(was my fault too) that major issue was a gearbox which set me back all of $600 to replace, I performed all the services including the timing beltx2 at home on the driveway. That said...
  14. A

Hope you bounce back from it soon mate I'll be able to tell you in the next few weeks if the Met works with a brace, as I'm looking to get a brace before I head out to Green Valley at the end of the month. While the Met isn't a proper full face in respect to say a TLD evo I have used mine out...
  15. A

What car do you drive?

From the op's initial choices the hilux is the only decent car on the list, but that's a preference. Anyway currently I have a 2012 S-Edition Forester, loaded up with 2 bike, a boot full of gear, & 2 mates trekked down to Bright, Mt Beauty, & Falls Creek in absolute comfort. Managed with a...
  16. A

the first couple when I finished the build are indeed from wylde
  17. A

no bottle mount spots integrated on the frame, with the shock position you'd only be able to hang one under the downtube. I've always ridden with a camel pack so never though about bottles
  18. A

I think you could almost get away with a large, I think I'm on the entry side to the large frame to the stage. The reach between them isn't too different Sam geo http://www.focus-bikes.com/au/en/bikes/2015/e-bike/focus-sam-1/focus-sam-30-factory.html#chapter-3
  19. A

Hey mate, I'm just on 6ft the large fits me perfectly(almost mirrors my previous large sight). Climbs great though I wish I had my dropper post already but they is just a minor inconvenience, even with the minion SS on the rear it is happy to climb with the shock & fork on the trail...
  20. A

One for the Mechanics - question.

sorry to hear about your daughter mate, I would be changing the fluids as a precautionary, I also agree with an external oil cooler most auto's in aus suffer from heat soak in our climate. A decent oil cooler can be had cheap, & installed by a mechanic for under $400(cooler included) in the...