Search results

1. dazz

Ampt Engineering - Ti pedals

New boutique pedal in the works. Worked with Pat a while back. Great enginere, engeneer, engeneer, he's good with math, so I reckon these will be the business. https://www.instagram.com/amptengineering/
  2. dazz

I think this is well and truly lost...

Maybe someone will save it? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/332782539173576/
  3. dazz

Garage doors

Need a sectional door for the shed. Is a B&D worth all the extra coin over a Taurean? Been quoted $6k for the B&D (includes install) compared to $4337 for the Taurean with a B&D opener (delivered, no install)
  4. dazz

20" kids mtb

Not mine. Saw it while scrolling marketplace on fb. Holy crap! Someone's gone all out for their little shedder with this one. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1559311074579805/
  5. dazz

New hobby - gold panning

After a visit to Sovereign Hill a while back I took the son out to the local creek as he wanted to see if we could find gold for real instead of panning it out of the creek in Sovereign Hill (they regularly put gold in it for the punters to find). I talked it down a fair bit saying it'll be a...
  6. dazz

"And that's a wrap!"

Anyone done this to their bike? Plenty of clear protective films on the market but this is the first I've seen a full bike wrap to change the color. Not sure how durable it would be, probably need a protection kit over the top. Seen a few guys on here do the whole DIY paint job that turn out...
  7. dazz

#1 gets gears

The boy has been starting to really enjoy riding a few of the flatter trails around Ballarat but has been struggling on the uphills (inherited his dad's skinny legs). This popped up on FB marketplace for a pineapple and I figured what the hell? Got it home, gave it a tune up and went out and...
  8. dazz

Haunted Hills bike park

Anyone on here involved with this? Looking pretty cool!
  9. dazz

Sik Mik has called it!

10. dazz

Busted 26" air fork - FOUND

Item: An unwanted 26" air fork. Can have broken axle clamp/ brake mounts. Rest of fork needs to be in reasonable shape. ie steerer/crown/stanchions/air spring and damper assembly all serviceable. Not too fussed on travel. Location: Ballarat, VIC Price range/Willing to Pay: Nix or next to...
  11. dazz

FOX Talas 32 RLC rebuild (1st gen)

So after a long wait due to Covid, thanks but no thanks mr hale, I finally got Planks I-Drive home. Bought the bike for mrs dazz to give this whole riding thing a go now that the kids are starting to ride faster than she can walk. Plank warns me that the bike has a few niggles with the non...
  12. dazz

Banter/discussion ratio and site rules

This is an opinion/ suggestion post, which I'm not super comfortable about, but lets have at it anyways. Firstly, I enjoy a bit of banter mixed in with the actual discussion as much as anyone, it helps keep the forum ticking over with a certain level of entertainment, and I like that...
  13. dazz

Bar width - how wide is too wide?

Just watched this and found it kind of interesting. How does everyone here work out what width to run? I know bars have gotten a hell of a lot wider since I used to race and it was something I wanted to change back in the day. Coming from a dirtbike background, I always felt like it was...
  14. dazz

No more lifted runs at Buller.

I'm guessing there was some kind of incident to trigger this? Had some great rides there... Wonder if some kind of shuttle setup can be worked out eventually. Tracks still open, but sounds like it's now a diy job to get back to the top. :(
  15. dazz

VIC SOLD

Item: 2003 Specialized BigHit Pro (Guessing medium, maybe small) Location: Ballarat Item Condition: She's good to hit the trails. Does have her fair share of battle scars being a 17 year old DH bike, but it's complete and everything is in good working order considering it's age. Still...
  16. dazz

DH Specialized BigHit Pro

So this was my first DH bike that I bought a looong time ago... Went along to a DH race in the Youies with some mates and thought, "this looks like fun"! Pretty much bought the first DH rig I looked at (dumb, but gotta start somewhere right). Picked up the BigHit and headed off to my first DH...
  17. dazz

NuVinci CVP Hub

I've been waiting for these things to come onto the market for quite a while. It's a constantly variable transmission built into a rear hub, with a 350% range in ratios (for reference the Nexus 8sp hubs have a 307% range) It all sounded pretty good until I read the size & weight of the unit...
  18. dazz

Mt Beauty Fires (Buller shown too)

Is there anyone on here from Mt Beauty that can tell us if the DH track is burnt out? It looks pretty bad according to this map from the CFA website: (Mt Beauty is located top right of the map)
  19. dazz

Lahar Mk9 *now with Fox 40's - page 5*

Not fully sorted yet, rear brake, bar ends, new 721 for the front, maybe some flat crowns. I think you get the idea. Thanks goes to Rod from Blue Mountain Bikes. (also thanks to No Skid Marks for hooking me up with a great deal:cool: ) *UPDATE* 20/01/07 O.K. Had this baby now for...
  20. dazz

Avid compression fitting & hose tail

:mad: :mad: :mad: Will not come apart! I ended up cutting it off, melting the remaining hose out of it & it still wont seperate. It's farked now & I need a new one. Does anyone have the secret of getting these little bastards apart, or is it just plain impossible?