Search results

1. Elbo

Moving to Tassie

My wife and I are thinking about moving our family to Tassie. I'm particularly keen to hear from people what it's like on the North Central Coast, Penguin/Burnie/Ulverstone/Wynyard/Flowerdale area, as well as inland a bit around there? We probably need to be near a somewhat larger population...
  2. Elbo

NSW WTB: Handlebar Shims 25.4 to 31.8 clamp

Item: Handlebar Shims 25.4 to 31.8 clamp Location: Albury Item Condition: Good Price and price conditions: <$20 posted
  3. Elbo

NSW FOUND: Velo Orange Klunker Bars

Item: Velo Orange Klunker Bars Location: Albury, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than new, or new if you stock them in your shop Extra Info: Alternatively after 'Kids Ride Shotgun' Handlebars for the same purpose.
  4. Elbo

NSW FOUND: 'Kids Ride Shotgun' Handlebars

Item: 'Kids Ride Shotgun' Handlebars Location: Albury, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than new Extra Info: Alternatively after Velo Orange Klunker Bars for the same purpose.
  5. Elbo

NSW WTB FOUND : 26" Rigid Fork - Suspension corrected, 1 1/8, long steerer, disc tabs, rack mounts, (Soma, Surly, etc)

Item: 26" Rigid Fork, 1 1/8" steerer, 230mm steerer minimum, disc tabs, QR, rack mounts (Something like a Soma or Surly fork) Location: Albury NSW Item condition: New or used. Happy to get a lead on one in a shop. Can't find a new one anywhere near me. Price and price conditions: $$-$$$
  6. Elbo

NSW Marzocchi Bomber Z1 2000 (205mm steerer) SOLD

Item: Marzocchi Bomber Z1 2000 model. Location: Albury, NSW Item Condition: Good/Very good. Paint scratched on legs, but stanchions and seals perfect Reason for selling: Clearing out the museum/shed. Price and price conditions: $200 + postage. Extra Info: Steerer 205mm long, star nut installed...
  7. Elbo

Sold SOLD Avanti Pista Track Bike (Large)

Item: 2016 Avanti Pista Track Bike (Large, 57cm) Location: Albury, NSW Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: No longer use it and can't make track meets with kid duties. Price and price conditions: $550 $500ono Extra Info: - Alloy frame, steel fork. - Bought last year with new wheelset...
  8. Elbo

Compatibility of bike trailers and thru axles

Currently doing research trying to narrow down options for a do everything, workhorse hardtail that can ride trails and also tow a kids trailer around. The Kona Unit/Unit X is pretty high up the list, but it comes with a thru axles. Just wondering if anyone has experience with hooking a trailer...
  9. Elbo

NSW SOLD Marzocchi Bomber Z3 Dropoff (2003)

Item: Marzocchi Bomber Z3 Dropoff (2003) (Sold) Location: Albury, NSW Item Condition: Good/Very Good. Seals and stanchions very good condition, paint work a little shabby and a tyre rub mark on the inside of the M arch. Reason for selling: Hoarding and not going to use them. Price and price...
  10. Elbo

NSW 2 x Dillenger Offroad eBike 1000W 26" Hub Drive Kits Sold

Item: Dillenger Offroad eBike 1000W 26" rear wheel hub drive kit Location: Albury, NSW Item Condition: Brand new (opened box but never used) Reason for selling: Bought for a project cargo bike build, but have decided to stop the project, so no longer needed. Price and price conditions: $900...
  11. Elbo

Options for 26" rigid forks?

I'm thinking of going rigid on my commuting hardtail. The current forks I have are fine but the steerer is just too short which is limiting me to using a much too short BMX stem and ruining the handling of the bike (IMHO). I really only know of the forks available from Soma or Surly. Just...
  12. Elbo

WTB - Large Bikepacking Rig (XC hardtail, 29er preferred)

Item: Large Bikepacking Rig (XC hardtail, 29er preferred). Location: Albury, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Show me what you've got. Extra Info: I've committed to doing the Hunt 1000 this year, but need a bike to do it on. Don't really want 12 or 11 spd. 2x10spd would be ideal. Looks like most...
  13. Elbo

WTB Rear/Left V-Brake Lever

Item: Rear/Left V-Brake Lever (decent Shimano one preferably) Condition: Good/VG Location: Albury, NSW Price: $20 posted?
  14. Elbo

WTB: 10spd Shimano Shifter & Rear Derailleur

Item: 10spd Shimano Shifter & Derailleur (bar mount shifter and SLX clutched derailleur or better please) Condition: Very good/Excellent Location: Albury NSW Price: $$
  15. Elbo

WTB 27.0mm diameter seatpost

Item: 27.0mm diameter seatpost (preferably black) Location: Albury, NSW Item condition description: After something in good to very good condition for a retro hardtail build Price: $ or can swap for a brand new BBB 27.2 post (yes, I ordered the wrong size post).
  16. Elbo

NSW FOUND Shimano Hydraulic Brakeset

Item: Shimano Hydraulic Brakeset Location: Albury, NSW Item condition: Ideally after something in very good condition. Extra Info: Need a complete brakeset for my cargo bike build. Preference is ideally for 4pot brakes, but will take 2 as well. Something with standard olive and barb connection...
  17. Elbo

NSW FOUND Shimano Hollowtech Crankset (104bcd, 175mm long)

Item: Shimano Hollowtech Crankset (104bcd, 175mm crank arms) Location: Albury, NSW Item Condition: Functional, no bends, but scratches etc don't matter. Extra Info: Need a set of cranks for my cargo bike build. Already have a Shimano BB. Price: Show me what you've got.
  18. Elbo

Sold 2016 Bombtrack Audax (Large)

Item: 2016 Bombtrack Audax (Large) - pearlescent white with polished raw stays Location: Albury, NSW Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Not riding road much and too many bikes. Price and price conditions: $1500ono Extra Info: This is such a good all-rounder of a bike. Owned and...
  19. Elbo

FrankenCargo Bike

This project was born out of realising that most of my shopping, commuting and everyday casual riding involves less than a 7km round trip into town. There's one big hill between my place and the centre of town. It's not super steep, but it's enough to discourage casually riding a bike to run...
  20. Elbo

FOUND: 26" Wheelset for V-Brakes OR 26" v-brake rims

Item: 26" XC Wheelset suitable for v-brakes (preferably with 6-bolt disc front hub) and 10spd compatible rear hub. QR axles, 100mm front hub, 135mm rear hub. Location: Albury, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Show me what you've got! Extra Info: I'm building up an old Marin Nail Trail which has...