Search results

1. D

Channel 9's Olympic coverage - your thoughts?

To anyone who wants to watch fair and thorough coverage (not just rowing, swimming and horseprancing) and has a decent internet connection I have 2 options for you: 1. Search for and download HDTV Player 0.38 from the smallfiles website (starts a download directly so I won't link here). Make...
  2. D

Giant ReignZero Mountain Bike - Collingwood Victoria

Gutted for you mate, have the exact same bike (XL too, don't look at me suss!), will keep an eye out in case any more pop up... Good luck with the recovery.
  3. D

VIC Wombat 100 / Woodend / 22nd April 2012

Had a bit of a ride there this arvo, had no idea there was a race on or anything. With the exception of 3-4 tiny muddy patches on the general use main track it's absolutely bone dry and it's dried a fair bit since last Saturday already, so if there's no rain leading up to the weekend it'd be...
  4. D

Another thread title involving VDHS - Maldon (Not for the faint of 56k-heart)

Hey all, have some photos. :) Here's the first batch, I'll upload batch two as I finish processing them. I won't accept requests, in my experience it became too difficult to keep up with, so I'm just going to chuck every picture up and I'm sure everyone can find themselves in there. Enjoy!
  5. D

The Photo Snob Thread

Dammit, wish I had $700 right now. Figured I'd chuck this up here, after my aborted self-filming attempt at the You Yangs, I ended up roping in a couple mates to film the entire run and then combined it all with a gopro run. Lots of fun and good to get some experience in this side of...
  6. D

Your latest AM Adventure - Pics, Videos, Stories

To bring us down to earth slightly, here's the accompanying full vid to the gopro I posted a bit further back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_e_ZAOuSyM Music is Matt Miller x Kilter - Gravel Pit (Flume Remix). Excuse the very amateur edit, couldn't be bothered colour grading everything...
  7. D

Bit of a vid of Cressy's on labour day on the '11 Reign 0. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTFycQydLY Went back up in a bit over eight and a half minutes after this, truly a do everything bike.
  8. D

The Photo Snob Thread

A cir-pol won't improve shots if they're bad to begin with, and they only help remove a certain amount of reflections at a time (in a hurry I still need two shots rotating the polarizer which I then merge in PS to eliminate most of the reflections). Also remember that it'll cut light, so if...
  9. D

As per the video title ;) it's at the You Yangs. They are indeed very polished, although yesterday they were extremely dry so a lot of loose sand, could use a bit of rain to pack it all back down again.
  10. D

Finally got off my ass and did a spot of self filming, was debating whether I'd put this up here but meh, I could use the critique. Keep in mind this is just as a test, nothing close to a finished product (explaining the tonnes of filler at the start). I know filming takes ages, but this self...
  11. D

The Photo Snob Thread

Never on the first gen, but I have a 5D Mk II, and before that used them on a 30D and 40D all without problems.
  12. D

The Photo Snob Thread

I have cybersyncs and haven't had a misfire with them. Tried catus and canon's own infra-red systems before that. Highly recommended for those budget conscious but want quality.
  13. D

The Photo Snob Thread

No camera shake, but my 1.4x converter does cause some quality loss in lower light, shallow aperture and higher ISO doesn't help either. Just sharpened with whatever settings I last used it at, didn't put any effort into the edit. Wet fur can't help texture wise either...
  14. D

Post your all mountain bike

Thanks for the heads up! Will bring some emergency zip ties in case it starts happening. Had a push around just now, I can see how it can get to that stage. Going up to Buller over the weekend so perfect testing ground. How's the '12 treating you? Was gonna go that but they decided tall...
  15. D

The Photo Snob Thread

Had a great afternoon yesterday. Everyone knows that you need to watch out for 'roos at Lysterfield, but watch out for Echidnas too, found 2 very healthy ones very close to bike paths.
  16. D

Post your all mountain bike

Not even a half-day old. Can't wait to trash it.