Search results

1. outtacontrol

HT Components T1

Is anyone running these pedals yet? Am looking for a light clipless pedal with a small platform. Currently running Crank Brothers Candy, and although very happy with them, looking for something with a little more platform for the times I can't clipped in time. I have only ever run Crank...
  2. outtacontrol

Sealant clean up

Has anyone found a way of cleaning dried sealant off rubber rim strips. Trying to recycle some but guess they wont seal well with all the dried goop all over them? Would guess some product would get it off, have tried methi but no go??
  3. outtacontrol

Glory vs tr450

Have been riding a 2010 Glory and loving it. Have been building my confidence and think the bike realky agrees with me. Not sure if it's the reslitive light weight or suspension platform but have been loving it. A mate is selling his 2012 tr450 for only a lttle more than the glory owes me and...
  4. outtacontrol

X fusion sweep problem

Hi, my fork has stopped using full travel. It's set to 150mm but regardless of how much pressure it's running, cant use the last 30-40mm of travel. It is very smooth in its action so didnt notice initially. Usually means oil is somewhere it's not supposed to be?? Haven't done much with forks...
  5. outtacontrol

Oval chainrings

Had a quick look, couldn't see any threads about these. Anyone tried these. Old ones were a bit of a fail, seems to be a lot of industry talk about them and the perceived advantages. Not sure if they are worth a go or just the next industry driven gimmick.
  6. outtacontrol

XT issue

Had a quick search. Could find much... Have XT M785 rear brake that had been working fine (although did have slight creak on lever operation?) that when I hopped on today had no lever throw before engagement. As soon as you put any pressure on lever, it was firm immediately. I thought that...
  7. outtacontrol

Jagwire brake lines

Have picked up a secondhand set of Saints but rear brake line is too short. LBS is trying to sell me a Jagwire hose kit but read some stuff thsy wasn't very complimentary about them. General comment was the brakes always felt mushy like they needed a bleed due to expansion of hose under...
  8. outtacontrol

Rockshox Vivid spring, Boxer spring

Need to find some lighter springs... 65kg rider 350x2.75 spring for Vivid 4.1 Superlight grey spring for 2010 Boxer Race fork. Help a skinny brother out :)
  9. outtacontrol

QLD 2012 Transition Bandit 29 - SOLD!!

Item: 2012 Transition Bandit 29 Location: Townsvill Nth Qld Item Condition: Immaculate Reason for selling: Have 2 Enduro bikes, need 1 for Downhill Price and price conditions: $1700 pick up preferred, but can post at owners expense Extra Info Fox 140mm FIT cartridge 34mm...
  10. outtacontrol

Stealth reverb installation

Have picked up a near new second hand stealth reverb and am waiting for it to arrive. Having not had a reverb before was wondering about what pitfalls await me in installation. If cable is too long will it need bleeding? Will it need bleeding due to routing through frame? What is required to...
  11. outtacontrol

Best price for stealth dropper

What is the best price anyone has found for stealth dropper. Looking for something in 30.6, amount of drop not really an issue. Have been running a Kronolog but think it has finally given up the ghost, so anything will be better...
  12. outtacontrol

Bearing press

Has anyone got any links to small bearing press for fitting bearings to frame. Seem to have been doing a few recently and getting tired of pissing around with bolts, washers and sockets and thought there must be a specific tool for the job?
  13. outtacontrol

Shimano M780 shifter cover

have to buy a rear shifter. Need Shimano M780 but they come with a big stupid gear cover and you have to buy the cover that replaces it separately. I have bought a pair before and have already been through this but can't remember where I got them. Before anyone says they are inside, they are...
  14. outtacontrol

Powdercoating

Looking at getting a frame powder coated after a respray failed. Any tips I should be looking out for? How do you successfully keep the powder out of bearing recesses and bottom bracket threads?
  15. outtacontrol

Snapping clutch?

Is anyone else snapping clutches on xt derailleurs?? Just did my first one but know plenty of others that have failed too. Little plate that holds tensioner snaps. Pretty bad fail?
  16. outtacontrol

QLD 2011 Rocky Mountain Slayer - Sold!!

Item: 2011 Rocky Mountain Slayer Location: Townsville Item Condition: Very Good (has been protected with frameskin since new) Reason for selling: Funding new project Price and price conditions: $1650 Seriously the best bike I have owned, so no low balls Extra Info: Aluminium...
  17. outtacontrol

Replacement rim

Looking to replace a Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29 rim in white and finding it hard to find one. Anyone know of anywhere that might have them, or another rim that would do the job? Needs to be 29, white, 28 hole and suitable for AM riding without weighing a tonne...
  18. outtacontrol

Townsville Gravity Enduro Round 3 August 3

The third and final race of the series will be held on Sunday August 3 at Douglas Mountain Bike Reserve. This round will be a belter, with 5 stages over 21km and will feature the newly built double black diamond World Trail monster!! This track features some incredible natural rock features...
  19. outtacontrol

Decals after powdercoating?

Contemplating giving a frame some love. Undecided whether to paint in 2 pack or powdercoat. If I go the paint route, I can paint, but am not looking forward to getting it back to original with decals and then clearing until smooth where decals are. If it gets powdercoated, I am guessing that...
  20. outtacontrol

Townsville Gravity Enduro Round 2 June 14

Round 2 will be held at Stuart Downhill track on a modified course for Enduro. Quick edit from test ride. Really fun course :) http://youtu.be/r-AK8nRrD4o