Search results

1. Red Rocket

Cannondale frame w/ headshok

Item: Cannondale frame w/ headshok, year irrelevant Location: Will pay freight Item Condition: No dents or cracks, paint scratches not a prob. Going to tear it apart and powder coat. Price and price conditions: Whatever's reasonable Extra Info: Building a super commuter, and am set on a...
  2. Red Rocket

Fox 40 Spring - Blue/Medium

Item: Fox 40 spring, blue/medium, 40lb/inch Location: In Brisbane, but willing to pay freight Price:Negotiable. Extra Info: Pm me
  3. Red Rocket

QLD 350lb, 3.25" Fox Spring, Brisbane

Item: Need 3.25", 350lb spring for Fox. Condition: Must be bouncy Price: $$$ Whatever is fair, or can trade for a either a 300lb or 500lb 3.25" Fox spring Location: Must be in Brisbane or surrounding areas for immediate pick up.
  4. Red Rocket

Found

Item: 07 or newer downhill frame Location: Brisbane, or within 100km radius. Item Condition: Cosmetic scratches fine, cracks dents and gouges not cool. Price and price conditions: Prepared to spend $800 and under. Extra Info: Must be local to Brisbane! Tired of tooling around with muppets...
  5. Red Rocket

Fox Crown/Streerer creak - no purchase receipt - am I shafted?

Yo ho, I've got the dreaded crown/steerer creak on a pair of reasonably new Fox forks - the rub is that I don't have a purchase receipt, because they came on a (basically new) secondhand bike. Has anyone had any luck in a similar situation? From what I hear, it's not an uncommon problem, but...
  6. Red Rocket

1.5" headset that doesn't suck a salty one?

I've given up on my FSA Orbit 1.5". It's crap - creaky and horrible, despite correct torque settings and grease a-plenty. Anyone suggest something that can be ridden hard? Frame's an Intense Tracer and fork is a Fox 32 150mm dealy. P.s. forks are 1 1/8th steerer
  7. Red Rocket

Rigid content - Reviving a Foundry MFG

A few of you may remember the Foundry MFG's of yonder that Citrus Speed Imports were doing. Well, Rick had a few frames lying around in the warehouse that hadn't sold, so he was clearing them out on the cheap. I think the Foundry's were pretty much a Taiwanese catalog frame made from Sanko...
  8. Red Rocket

Centrelock lock rings & ISIS cartridge type BB

Item: ISIS drive cartridge BB - the internal bearing type. Location: Brisbane, prefer local pick up, but willing to pay express post. Item Condition: Must run smoothly Price and price conditions: Negotiable + post Extra Info: Prefer to find one ASAP, please pm. Item: Shimano Centrelock...
  9. Red Rocket

Small quantity metal supplier Brisbane

I've just bought a lathe, and need small (like 100mm lengths and less) steel, brass and aluminium rod/bar stock in any diameter and length to play around on. Is there somewhere I can buy/scrounge off-cuts without having to pay through the nose for special orders + freight from hobby shops? RR
  10. Red Rocket

Cheap hardtail/DJ/singlespeed bits

What:Cheap DJ bits Price: Let's talk - pm me Condition: Aesthetic scratches are fine - not intending to build up a beauty queen, but must be structurally sound. Location: Brisbane, willing to pay freight Extra Info: Need everything except frame and forks. This is a budget build, so nothing...
  11. Red Rocket

Quick shout out for a local bike shop

It's rare to see the humble LBS get a shout out these days when pretty much everyone is ordering parts from OS. I'm in no way affiliated with Ashgrove Cycles, but I wanted to tap out a kind word regardless. I dropped a pair of wheels in last night at 5:45pm (15 minutes from close) that needed...
  12. Red Rocket

Sold

Sold................
  13. Red Rocket

Wanted to Borrow - Wheel truing stand - Brisbane - exchange for beer

Item: Wheel truing stand Condition: Working Willing to pay: A six-pack of delicious beer. Extra info: I'm building wheels in the next couple of weeks, and I'd like to do it properly this time. If someone has a truing stand I could borrow for a week, I'd reward them with a six-flapper of...
  14. Red Rocket

Clear glasses - what to wear?

I've been thinking about a pair of clear or slightly tinted riding glasses, since I keep seeming to get shit in my eyes. Does anyone ride with them regularly? Are they a pain in the arse over jumps etc? Recommended comfy/cheap brands?
  15. Red Rocket

Hope pro 2 - freehub resistance

Have some fairly new Hope Pro II's on the AM bike, and the freehub at the rear is encountering quite a bit of resistance. I took it apart, degreased, regreased and reassembled the whole mechanism, but there's still significant drag from the freehub. I've narrowed the resistence down to the...
  16. Red Rocket

Contact details for ExsentriC

Does anyone have contact details for ExsentriC? Just trying to wrap up a trade, can't seem to get through on mobile or private messages, despite him being online. Landline or physical address would be tops.
  17. Red Rocket

Found, thanks gents

What: An adjustable seatpost What type: Will consider any of the leading brands How much: Joplins are ~ $150 new shipped for the US (lever operated 3" model) so I guess not more than that. Location: Brisbane, willing to pay postage
  18. Red Rocket

Granny ring guide plate... am I dreaming?

I thought a few years ago I saw a chainguide plate that attached to the granny ring spider. From memory it had a rubberized outer lip to prevent excessive chain noise, and was only large enough to prevent the chain slipping off the granny ring and onto the frame. Was I hallucinating? I'd really...
  19. Red Rocket

Intense Tracer VP - Now With Faux Deemax

I think Rone is going to flip out when he sees this. When I bought the Tracer, it had a beautifully consistent white theme. That was great until I killed the Syncros rims and stumbled across some Deemax lookalikes.... Enter the hideous yellow MTX29's now laced up. I love them! Bit heavier...
  20. Red Rocket

SOLD, thank ExsentiC

Item: Glory (No trades, sorry! Straight up cash only) Condition: Good Location: Bris, QLD Reason: Tracer VP Pics: Yep Size: 17" which I believe is medium Extra Info: I've only had this bike for about 6 months. I bought it on impulse from another guy in Brisbane once Centrelink gave me a...