Search results

1. O

Potentially stolen iron horse yakuza

Strathpine/caboolture area So on the train today I spotted a pretty schmick looking Iron horse Yakuza being used as a commuter. It had Super T forks Hayes 9 front brake Juicy three rear brake I found it suspicious because its an awfully nice bike to used as a commuter, obviously hadnt...
  2. O

Leather saddles

So I want a leather saddle. Something like a brooks, but doesnt have to be. Would prefer without springs. Where can I buy locally? (brisbane)
  3. O

Cyclocross bicycles

Cyclocross bicycles, can you throw road tyres on them and still be competitive for club level criteriums? I ask because theres a decent deal on a CX bike that would handle my commute and dirt and touring loving, just wondering if I'd be able to join the local road club and race with it...
  4. O

Merida Warp 5

So I came across a Merida Warp 5 for sale at a LBS on ******* rd, down in ***** (bwa hahaha my secret), its currently $1500. http://road.cc/content/review/1933-roadcc-test-report-merida-warp-5 RRP is confusing, but apparently I'm saving like $500 if I can get this puppy. Dispite the...
  5. O

Brisbane Bike Week Cyclocross.

Anyone here having a crack at the bike week cyclocross? I'll be having a go, but without a cyclocross bike, aparently I'll be banned from the elite division (fine by me, lol) Any tips on what to expect, etc? are the races long? will I need gel? etc etc.
  6. O

LX chain, no joiner pins?

I opened my new LX chain box, after deciding it was time to use one after a couple of broken crappier chains, and the chain requires a fricken pin, which by rights should come in the fucking box right? Well, someone at shimano decided I dont need a chain to be connected together, its...
  7. O

Time trial bikes and wheels on the street?

So I've been noticing the kinds of bikes most people use around the place, and they mostly look like the climbing/enduro type bikes. For me, my commute takes 1h, 15min on my mountain bike with knobbies (29K's). I'm pretty sure a road bike would get me there in less than an hour. Because...
  8. O

XC riders in morningside wanted.

G'day, I've recently moved to morningside and A) have no idea where to ride and B) have noone local to ride with during the week. I dont get home till like 6pm, but if theres anyone riding out at that time in the area, I'd like to tag along.
  9. O

Sunshine series XC classes.

What class should I enter for the Sunshine State series? Theres A, B, C, elite, yatta yatta yatta... I'm not really sure, having never done a XC event with classes what class I should join. I want to race the whole series, and would like to be able to have a series worth of points at the...
  10. O

Stronger BB for octalink cranks

G'day. I have a set of the octalink cranks, with an internal bottom bracket. Being 98KG's, when I pedal hard, the BB flexes ( i think its the BB) This flex allows the top of the chainring to move towards my pedalling foot. then the chain drags on the front derailer when the right foot powers...
  11. O

Australian MTB footage?

Australian MTB footage, Where is it? I always look for footage of the nats, XC, DH, 4X etc, and usually only find 1 video like 2 minutes long on pinkbike, with nothing on youtube. sometimes theres nothing! So like, where do people put it? i always see stacks of video camera people at...
  12. O

Mutilated BMX tracks for 4X and DJ practice?

So I've been watching a lot of international videos on 4x, and have been like "woah" the whole time basically, it looks so awesome. But in trying to find QLD 4X tracks to go have a play myself, apparently the only one is Ipswich, and underwood is run on the BMX track? I ride at the local BMX...
  13. O

MTB anime

I was wondering if anyone else watched anime, and if you've seen anything MTB related? So for most of my hobbies I've had over the years I've been able to find an anime to match, DRifting came with initial D and wangan midnight, Gokarts came with Capeta, I swear I've watched some about...
  14. O

Thunderbird Park

G'day, I was wondering if anyone has been to "Thunderbird park" on the gold coast?> I found a brochure for it in a random truck stop today, and have never heard of it before, but the place looks awesome with the various activities. Problem being is their website is screwed. Do you know...
  15. O

DJ, 4x and street frames

SO I've been confused while scrolling this forum and pinkbike etc looking for something that might fit the bill for my next bike, and I hear referrence to this or that frame being "more dirt jump" or "more 4x" or just for street. What are the usual differences between a frame for 4x and a...
  16. O

Alex DC19's, tyre choice

Hey, I have some Alexrims DC19's on my XC bike with deore hubs. I wanted to throw some 2.3's on it, as I'm a heavy rider, and seem to wash out too often on the skinny's, and i mostly seem to do trail riding etc. Problem being, these things look skinny as, and I dont know if I can put bigger...
  17. O

internal geared commuter

So I racked up ~700 kilometers on my MTB, using it as a road bike half the time... I ruined the chain, and the new chain doesnt like my worn out cogset. So because I plan to actually step up my road riding and do something like 7-800 kilometers per month, I'd like to not have to worry about...
  18. O

Big chain for a big fatty

Heya fellas... I took my XC bike to the BMX track yesterday and snapped the chain, which sent me OTB onto the asphalt downramp. I'm covered in road rash, as I was wearing a training shirt and wasn't going too hard and wasnt going to put pads on for a quicky. I weigh 100KG's, and have a...
  19. O

Kurwongbah 8 hour

G'day, was wondering if anyone from here was participating in the 8 hour endurance race at kurwongbah? Apparently it uses most of the track from the insomnia 24h. So I wan wondering, that seeing as I have to change tyres anyway, if anyone had any recommendations for this terrain? Anything...
  20. O

Shoes

Bike shoes. I've tried to search, but failed. I've seen mtb shoes that have a circle mound where the cleat mount usually is on other shoes. Someone said you cut into it and screw the cleat in. Is this true? if not, how the hell do you use these shoes with clipless pedals, or are they...