Search results

1. MasterOfReality

Another which car/4x4 thread

Guys, Need your wise words. I'm in the prelim stages of thinking about another 4wd. I'm currently living in central QLD and thinking of upgrading the commute vehicle which is a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara. It has served me well off road and on the beaches with BFG AT's, 2" coil & strut lift kit...
  2. MasterOfReality

Talk to me about Mt Isa

I have been asked to submit an application for a job in Mt Isa, today. Career wise, the role could be a good move with the first class mine managers ticket a reality within 5 years. Basically consolidating the last 5 years into a full time site based role. I do site based work at the moment...
  3. MasterOfReality

Singleton, NSW - whats it like?

Guys, I have had a potentially lucrative job put under my nose, and was told by the company to think about it. Based in Singleton. Would probably end up buying a house down there if we go. Never actually stayed in Singleton but have driven through it but not really paid any attention. Anybody...
  4. MasterOfReality

Tightarse people - share your stories here

After a recent bbq where I invited my cousin and his family (eats like farkin horses when its at someone elses place, but avoids bbq's at their place at all costs), I decided to make this thread. Some of the ones I have known or seen: Miners stealing toilet rolls. Seriously, on $120k a year...
  5. MasterOfReality

Fix the redeye

Don't know if its been posted but it sure provided the lulz in the office this morning. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124653191
  6. MasterOfReality

RIP Ronnie James Dio

Goddamn, didn't see this coming. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/17/2900973.htm?section=justin
  7. MasterOfReality

Slayer + Megadeth (QLD Riverstage) + Dream Theater!

Who's gonna go? I'm trying to re-jig my roster to get the time off. http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13004303F065768E?artistid=736135&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200
  8. MasterOfReality

Wireless internet - Brisbane western suburbs

Ok, So I'm looking at getting mobile/wireless broadband as I travel a bit and it allows me to work at home a bit more. The type of broadband with the USB modem or laptop card, 3G or whatever the hell it is. Probably around 1-2gig a month. Does anybody in Brisbane's west have this...
  9. MasterOfReality

Annoying office workers?

Ok, I'm going to have a whinge about annoying office workers. You know the type, the noisy pricks with no respect or regard for anybody else in the office. I have seen those videos on youtube where people just snap and destroy the office. I used to laugh at them until recently.....:p My...
  10. MasterOfReality

Termites

Has anybody had these little white fuckers in their house? I bought my house late last year in Brisbane, a termite infested city. Had a termite inspection done and found nothing. The house had a brand new bathroom. I didn't think any more of it as the agent didn't mention anything to me about...
  11. MasterOfReality

Girlfriend wants to start MTBing...

Ok, As the title says, she wants to start riding offroad. I have only been in Brisbane for around 12 months and really haven't found much time to ride due to work/house commitments so I am not that familiar with whats around, but from what I have searched on Farkin seems to suggest that Daisy...
  12. MasterOfReality

Going to India - tips?

Ok, Well my employer told me this morning that I will be going to Andhra Pradesh, India, this April for a meeting, underground mine visit and technical presentation with one of our clients. Been to smartraveller.gov.au and it seems to be telling me to avoid it like the plague. Then again, it...
  13. MasterOfReality

An Evening With Dream Theater

Attention progressive metal fans. Dream Theater have announced their Australian tour at last. This will be one of the best shows for me (apart from Heaven & Hell). Dates: Fri 25th Jan 2008, Perth, Showgrounds Sun 27th Jan 2008, Adelaide, Showgrounds Tues 29th Jan 2008, Melbourne...
  14. MasterOfReality

WTF is it with some of these new members?

I have been hanging around this forum since 2003, and finally joining in early 2004. Great place for info and the odd online squabble. Haven't posted much outside the Off Topic section since I can usually find all the mtb info I need. Is it just me or has anybody else noticed an exponential...
  15. MasterOfReality

New car? Opinions please

I have decided its time for my 16 year old HSV to go, and in its place is going to be something German with good build quality as standard. I have narrowed the list down to: 1. 2004 VW Golf R32, 2. 2001/2002 Audi S3, 3. 2000/2001 BMW 320-325Ci, 4. 2004/2005 Audi A3, and 5. 2003 Audi...
  16. MasterOfReality

Turning speakers wireless???

Ok, Well I want to use my home theater system the way it was intended, but because I have tiles in the loungeroom, and the walls are concrete, running wires across the floor or in the walls is out. All i want to do is use a wireless system for my rear surround speakers that are rated 25W...
  17. MasterOfReality

Favourite Frontman?

Following Sutek's lead, Who is/was the hard rock/metal band frontman most likely to convince you to fork out your hard earned to watch them belt out the old favourites? The list could go on, but if they are not there tell us!