Search results

1. Sic

Sold

Item:Mavic XM 819 26 inch wheelset, front laced to Hope Evo 2 with 15mm end caps, rear laced to XT QR hub. Stiff whilst with sealed spoke bed so no need for tape, chuck some tyres and sealant on and go. Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Great, well looked after, 1 ding in rear rim (pics...
  2. Sic

Black Yeti SB-66 (new Pics page 2)

Frame -2012 Yeti Sb-66 Rear shock - RP23 Adaptive logic Kashima Front shock/fork - Fox 32 Float Handlebars - Race Face Stem - Funn Headset - Hope Grips - Funn Saddle - Yeti Team Issue Seatpost - Thomson Front brake - Shimano XT Rear brake - Shimano XT Cranks - Shimano XT 165mm Chainguide - NA...
  3. Sic

26 officially done?

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/product-tech/2012/11/26/650b-freight-train#.ULgAdbQTEZN According to a few people its looking like the industry is moving towards dumping 26 all together. Now the talk has been circulating like this for a little bit and a few manufacturers (Rocky Mountain, Scott)...
  4. Sic

Sold

Item: Santacruz Superlight Frame Medium Location: Melbourne Vic Item Condition: Great Reason for selling: Building a bike with more travel, cant keep it. Price and price conditions: $850 Extra Info: Medium Santacruz Superlight in near new condition. I got this a few years ago but its only been...
  5. Sic

BSC closes down

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/wheels-in-a-sudden-brake-down-for-bsc-bikes-stores-20120613-20agm.html Well thats it apparently, the BSC chain of stores is no more, just when I was working on getting that Yeti. Thats a lot of bike shop employees out of work and a hell of a lot of kick arse...
  6. Sic

Commencal Yeti and Carbon.....

Ok so ive finally decided to get a new frame and its pretty much down to the Commencal Super 4, the Yeti ASR Alloy or the Yeti ASR 5. To be honest the Yeti ASR 5 is tickling my fancy the most as its got that little bit more travel but its still designed to be used with a 120mm fork and...
  7. Sic

120mm forks so which frame?

I know there a million which bike should I buy threads but this is a little different.... I'm currently running a hardtail but am looking at getting full suss frame for an all day trail ride thats capable on the ups and fun on the downs. Im happy with the spec of my bike so im looking at a...
  8. Sic

Why dont more people use steel 3 piece?

Pretty much what the title says i guess. Im just wondering why more people dont use bmx style 3 piece cranks on DH and all mountain bikes. The weight of 3 piece cranks is certainly comparable to things like Saint and Diablous set ups but dont need any special tools to instal and are stiffer...
  9. Sic

2009 world champs

Hey anyone know approx what time the DH will finish up on the Sunday for the world champs in Stromlo? Im planning on flying back to melbourne the Sunday night after it finishes and i want to book flights soonish. So what time did it finish up when they held the world cup round there last year?
  10. Sic

*****sold******

Item: Marzocchi DJ 1 Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Not used, looking for a more all mountain fork Price and price conditions: Now 250 Extra Info: These are an 04 model, 20mm DJ1's with the older style axle attachment. I bought these to go jumping...
  11. Sic

36 hole Rear MTB Wheel

Item: 36 hole Rear MTB Wheel Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Fair-Good Price and price conditions: Depends on the condition and Spec Extra Info: Im after a 36 hole rear MTB wheel that can take a 9 speed cassette. Im planning on using the hub for an all mountain bike that i have a rim...
  12. Sic

Dew Tour on Fuel TV

Has anyone actually seen the BMX from this years tour so far? All of seen is hours and hours of skate FMX and i cant for the life of me find when the bmx dirt comp is on. Anyone seen it or know when its on next?
  13. Sic

Found? Santa Cruz Jackal

Ok i was strolling up Chapel street in Melbourne late this arvo and saw a white Santa cruz jackal in the window of a pawn shop opposite Revolver. The spec is rough as its from memory but it had: red annodised Hope hubs, Avid Code brakes, Da bomb single speed tensioner and jump saddle, ODI lock...
  14. Sic

Front Hayes 9

Front Hayes 9 disc brake (all except rotor) and a set of lock on grips stolen off a Norco torrent out the front of the Roam premiere in Lygon street Melbourne sometime between 6 and 7pm tonight (14th May.) Not holding out much hope but if someone you know rocks up with a new front stopper and...
  15. Sic

Roam Premiere and Thieves

Just got back from the Roam premiere at the Nova in Melourne which was pretty damn good. It was fantastic to see The Collective and Roam on a big screen and I hope that more stuff like it will be done in the future. The movie itself is spectacular with some of the best filming ive seen in a mtb...
  16. Sic

Backflips boring?

I saw a 2 minute clip on sport tonight last night about a dirt jump comp that Timo Pritzel ( is that how you spell it?) won with 2 consecutive backflips. Now it looked cool and it was great to see mtbs on tv but the other footage they showed was the runner up who also did 2 consecutive...
  17. Sic

If you must ask which bike should I buy.......

Guys if you need to ask the question which bike or outa these three etc for gods sake tell us what sort of riding you do ( or plan to do ) and some details about yourself and your style. For example are you 6 foot 5 and 120kg or 5 7 and 75kg? Do you consider a 12 foot drop to be normal riding...
  18. Sic

SOLD * Update now Pics Pair of 26 inch Maxxis Hookworms

Item: Pair 26 Inch Maxxis Hookworm tyres Location: Melbourne Victoria. Prefer Melbourne buyer, will split postage costs (probably about $7 each) with buyer if interstate. Item Condition: Great condition. Slight knick out of sidewall of 1 tyre, didnt even notice when it happened. Reason for...
  19. Sic

Kovarik out for most of season

According to velonews Kovarik will be out for most of the season with that ankle injury which sucks. http://www.velonews.com/race/mtn/articles/5544.0.html
  20. Sic

Maxxis Hookworms, how much?

Im thinking about selling a pair of 26 inch hookworms and getting something lighter ( probably DMR Motos ) so how much you reckon I could get for them? They're in great condition with the only mark being a small nick out of the side of 1 of the tyres, so any thoughts? The other option is a swap...