Search results

1. S

Getting into Go Karts

Hi all, My old man is keen to get a go kart. He’s outsourced the effort of actually acquiring it and working out all the other stuff (trailer, license, where to go) to me, in exchange for letting me drive it :cool: Neither of us have any experience. We’re both mechanically minded with lots of...
  2. S

VIC SOLD

Item: XL 2023 Giant Reign 1. Location: Torquay Victoria - can bring to Richmond on weekends. Item Condition: Excellent. Reason for selling: Stuck on the hedonic treadmill o_O Price and price conditions: $3000. Extra Info: Bought this bike in July from the shop I was working at. It's in excellent...
  3. S

VIC SOLD

Item: Banshee frame spares, good for the toolbox if you have one of these bikes. I had a Rune V3 but I would be pretty confident these would suit most of the V3 and V3.2 Banshee dual suspension frames. I have 1x upper shock trunnion bolt, 1x main pivot bolt (either upper or lower pivot where it...
  4. S

Chainguide for use with 52mm chainline cranks on 55mm chainline frame

Apologies for the word soup title but hoping someone can shed some light on this. I've got a 2023 Giant Reign that has a 55mm chainline. I've installed a new set of XT cranks that have a 52mm chainline. I run a 30t ring so it clears the chainstay fine (and gives a better chain angle in low...
  5. S

Best Value 11 Speed XD Cassette?

Hi guys, I'm giving a mates bike (2019 YT Capra) a bit of a service. The cassette, chain, and chainring are all fucked. It's running 11-speed with a mix of XX and GX (using an XD freehub driver). I'm looking for a cassette but SRAM prices are extortionate. He doesn't need or want the best of...
  6. S

XL Meta SX Seatpost Insertion Depth

Hey guys, Wondering if anyone here has an XL Commencal Meta SX and can give me an indication of the dropper insertion length. I'm looking at building one soon and keen to try the 240mm OneUp dropper. I'm 190cm, currently riding a 2023 Reign 1 with a 200mm dropper and have about 50mm of post...
  7. S

Shipping a Bike Box Europe to Australia

Hey guys, I'm heading to Europe and thinking I'll do a month of riding / relaxing up in the French alps. I'm then continuing on for another month or two on non-MTB related stuff. Very undecided what to do regarding a bike. I don't want to drag one around with me after the riding trip finishes...
  8. S

FOUND Stans Flow MK3 29" Rim

Item: Stans Flow MK3 29" Rim Location: Hopefully Melbourne but will pay for shipping! Price range/Willing to Pay: Up to retail price if it's brand new. Extra Info: I have a 27.5 MK3 rim which is gonna be used on the rear for a mullet wheel build. But I need to find a matching front. They seem to...
  9. S

Few new links of an XT CN-M8100 Chain

Item: Few links of an XT 12 speed chain. Need to be brand new or very close to it. Location: Anywhere, if you will post at my cost. Price range/Willing to Pay: Free or minimal I hope! Extra Info: I cut my chain for my 10-45 cassette and then only had did ride on it. Now I have a 10-51 and need...
  10. S

VIC SOLD RT-MT800 203mm Rotors x2

Item: RT-MT800 203mm Rotors Location: Collingwood - will post for $10. Item Condition: Great. Probably got 10-15 rides on them. I got new brakes at the same time as these and I'm still on the original pads, which are under 50% worn. Reason for selling: Upgraded to 220mm :p Price and price...
  11. S

220mm IS Rotor Mount

Hey guys, My Banshee has a rear IS brake mount. I want to run 220mm rotors. This is easy on the front because it is PM. Does anyone know how I can do this on the rear or am I doomed to run 203mm? Can't seem to find any suitable adapters online... But then again I don't fully know what I am...
  12. S

VIC SOLD XT M8120 Crankset 170mm - $125

Item: XT M8120 Crankset 170mm. Location: Collingwood VIC, can post for $10. Item Condition: Good, few scratches (worst is on the drive side from one time when the chain fell off and I kept pedalling and it scratched the crank). Otherwise in great nick, barely even have any scratches on the ends...
  13. S

Bar Height

Hey guys, I'm curious to hear what sort of bar height you guys are running. I think the drop from saddle to handlebar is also relevant here? For context, I am 6'3 and riding an XL Banshee Rune V3. On both this bike and my last (which was a Kona Process 153) I have felt two things while...
  14. S

Boost setup using 6mm offset chainring

Hey fellas, My bike runs a boost setup currently, on a 12 speed shimano drivetrain and a 30t front ring with an 10-45 cassette. This is heaps of range for me but I do spend a fair bit of time in the largest and second largest rear cog. On the other hand, I almost never use the smallest two...
  15. S

2x 160mm centrelock rotors

Item: 2x 160mm centrelock rotors in good condition. Don't need lockrings. Ideally compatible with metallic pads. Location: Within 10km of Collingwood or will pay for shipping. Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition, but it is for a budget build on an older bike for my younger cousin...
  16. S

VIC SOLD 274 275 and 276mm Sapim Race Spokes

Item: Sapim Race Double Butted Spokes and Black Brass Polyax Nipples Location: Collingwood VIC Item Condition: Brand new. Reason for selling: Didn’t end up using them. Price and price conditions: $80 for all or will split by size, eg take all 275mm for $20. Will not sell individually. Shipping...
  17. S

Banshee Rune V3 (and a Husky!)

This is my 2020 Banshee Rune. The frame came up for a decent price lightly used second hand and I swapped the parts over from my 2019 Kona Process. Swap cost me $600 including buying a new BB. I really like the frame, the build quality is great. Feels like there's much more attention to small...
  18. S

4.5mm Shimano Crank Spindle Spacers x2

Item: Shimano Crank Spindle Spacers x2 Location: I can pickup within 25km of Collingwood, otherwise happy to pay post. Price range/Willing to Pay: Couple of bucks? Extra Info: I have a set of XT FC-M8130 cranks. These have a wider q-factor than the normal XT cranks (using a longer spindle) so...
  19. S

VIC SOLD XL 2019 Kona Process 153 DL - $1700

Item: Extra Large 2019 Kona Process 153 DL - Frame and Parts Location: Collingwood, Victoria. Will post. Item Condition: Really good. No dings, a few scratches. Bike was bought complete and is still on original tires and grips so hasn't seen much use. Has a clear protector applied to most of the...
  20. S

VIC SOLD

Item: Stock wheels off my 2019 Kona Process. https://www.konaworld.com/2019/process_153_dl_275.cfm. These have WTB KOM i30 Rims (27.5 diameter, 30mm wide) and Formula Hubs (boost spacing front and rear, Shimano HG freehub, 6-bolt rotors). Location: North Melbourne Item Condition: Very good. No...