Search results

1. jrewing

Fox 40 rc2 damper

Item- fox 40 rc2 damper Price- few hundred Condition- not damged Reason-best Extra- long shot, but after the rc2 damper, or an old fork. I think 26/27.5 damper from like 09 up will be right. The rebound on the bottom one.
  2. jrewing

Contemporary trail building rant

The Georgetown trails, perfect example, had the potential for so much more, but they keep building these soulless boring blue (green really) trails that dominate the networks they do. World trail trails have rested on their laurels. Their hump jumps signify it all.
  3. jrewing

24 ausDh series rd1

Yep apparently there was one. Haha
  4. jrewing

Shigura or not too

About to put Mt5’s on the meta. And im should i just swap calipers and go shigura setup. Will calipers just swap in place with same lines?
  5. jrewing

Mezzer pro spacer

What this black one? I thiught they were white clio togethers?
  6. jrewing

DH tracks/shuttles on way to Geelong

Was planning to head to Thredbo for a day on route to the Spirit of Tassie. But the spirit of monsoon derailled that. Are there any shuttle options at You Yangs, Narbethong etc on a Saturday, this Saturday?
  7. jrewing

Shoddy work from the park tool warriors

My ratio of shoddy work is 3 to 1. I do most of my work but circumstances or time require me to send or drop it off. Every 3rd paying job has a fault. I know most of them mechs doing the work, but they all think they are Adrian Newey capable engineers. Straw that breaks the camel’s back is my...
  8. jrewing

Bike falling off Shuttle trailer

So my bike fell off the back of the paid shuttle trailer today, and was dragged along for a good while (1-2km) snapping my fancy pants Sel Marco carbon railed seat, grip ends worn to carbon bars, and scuffing the clear coat on the frame. Bars i wanted to take them to 790 actually haha. Its my...
  9. jrewing

TAS Boxxer yellow spring

Item- boxxer yellow spring Price- ? Location- tas will pay for shipping Condition- ok Extra- son is looking to get back into DH again.
  10. jrewing

Maydena pricing

$100 a day and $110 a day after Christmas-Feb now for saturday or sunday. Seeing at best i got 6 shuttles max with turn-arounds/queues. Is it me thinking its got awful premium to ride there now?
  11. jrewing

Starting a new mtb club

How hard is it? In all seriousness Launceston needs a DH/proper gravity club. Got the trails but racing on Blue/green can FR-off. Doesnt need to be sheep station racing but a small series to get DH back racing here. Again not aiming to please masses, but the harder core riders. Newbs/squids…they...
  12. jrewing

TAS K9 525lb spring

Item- 525lb k9 race spring … Eibach spring rebranded. Accurate rates. Location- Tas Price- 120 Condition- used once Info- 139mm free length, 38id. The 3.00 writing is not quite right even on fox terms. 68mm space between coils so 65mm travel is spot on.
  13. jrewing

Good Aliexpress carbon rims?

Looking too lighten the rear wheel in the meta to make it a bit quicker pedalling out of corners. Run fr560 so should be easy. Anyone recommend one. Typically 30mm internal etc 32 hole.
  14. jrewing

Who knows someone who did pulled the trigger on a purchase like this?

Look, after a pretty Ok Sydney lifestyle, we had a life change moved to tassie to get back to reality a bit. And I’m happy. But even in my prime I’d have never done this I’m sure. Cant even fathom riding it first ride and thinking… yeah man that’s worth the coin and more. Tbh I’ve got plenty of...
  15. jrewing

Who is the go to in Aus for cheaper spokes?

On the hunt for champion, comp, pillar don’t care really. Just trying a mullet setup and don’t know if I’ll keep the wheel.
  16. jrewing

Mezzer or zeb

Killed my mezzers and need a new fork. what’s the going price and place to shop for either? Had the 1st gen mezzer and liked it. Imagine 2 is better but also new zeb seems sorted.
  17. jrewing

Magic Mary bike park tyres.

Anyone run them? After a tough Dh tyre for the rear. Plus I’m a tightarse. Do they still grip??
  18. jrewing

TAS Found.

Item- dhx rc4 shock Condition- decent Location-Tassie Price- few hundred Size- 9.5x3 Why- why not? Extra info- 2014 up 1/2 inch shaft im after Would take a manitou Revox in said size too. But they’re hens teeth.
  19. jrewing

TAS Mullet link meta AM wtb

Item- mullet link for meta Price- something Condition- used new all good Location- I’m in Tasmania Info- Williams link is out of stock, so here we are! For the 20 model I need.
  20. jrewing

Offset 104bcd chainrings?

I’m after a 6mm offset preferred in 36t 104bcd. Do they actually make such a thing? With my 142mm rear end with an Ochain I’m 3-6mm out and this would be the business. Get very overwhelmed looking on the web for info. Need help haha.