Search results

1. dunndog

Dakine Hellions

Looking for anyone who's got the Hellion knee guards.. how do you find them to pedal in? I'm tossing up between them and Slayers but I prefer the added protection of the hellion provided you can climb back to the top comfortably in them. I wouldn't be doing xc rides in them, just for burlier...
  2. dunndog

Solar... who's clued in?

So I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a solar PV system at home. Have spent the past few weeks reading, e mailing and talking to so many sources my head is spinning. It's a really strange industry, seemingly flooded with cheap and nasty companies just trying to undercut each other in...
  3. dunndog

Post Cyclone Post

My thoughts go out to all those suffering through the aftermath of Hurricane Debbie, I hope you're keeping safe and are managing somehow to see the light at the end of the tunnel!! My problem in comparison isn't worth a mention.. but I'll mention it anyway. I sent my forks up to NSD in Annerly...
  4. dunndog

Hollybank in Tassie?

Heading down to the motherland in april for the EWS at Derby, family in tow. Will get some riding done and some spectating for extra feelings of shitness about my own lack of skills, then after a few family days i'll have a full day to myself before sailing home. i'm in 2 minds about this day...
  5. dunndog

VIC The relevant authorities have been notified. Run.....

Item: XT M8000 Right (front) Lever Location: Melbourne Condition: New or as new. Minor marks ok. Just the lever and resorvoir. Don't need hose or caliper. Price: you tell me. Cheers!
  6. dunndog

Accuracy of Strava vs Suunto, Garmin etc?

I'm not a big strava head, so I don't know if this is easily explained or not.. but I went for a leisurely ride with a mate on Saturday, doing the extended main loop at Wombat. We rode together, and finished where we started. I had strava on my phone in my pocket, he wore his Suunto Ambit 2...
  7. dunndog

SPD vs. Eggbeaters

For all mountain riding, what do you prefer - Spd or eggbeater clipless designs? I've only ridden Spd, and while I don't have any major concerns, there are a couple of things that bug me. Occasionally I feel like I'd like a bit more float, but I do like the crisp snap on engagement you get with...
  8. dunndog

Shimano bleed block mods?

This isn't a new issue, but bled brakes again yesterday and it reminded me to ask. Using a bleed block on my XT's and always get a really firm crisp result. However, once pads are installed and they clamp down onto a rotor, that same feeling isn't maintained. I'm considering sanding a block...
  9. dunndog

GPS watch to measure vert?

Hey, I'm after a watch that measures your vertical. I don't really care about heart rate but whatever features it has, I'm after vert and potentially elevation. To be used for riding and skiing. Anyone know of a good product for around $300 or less?
  10. dunndog

Camper Vanning NZ advice?

I have recently been awarded a FULL GREEN LIGHT (this is a big deal in my world) to go ski Japan in summer without the family. Amazeballs. I was thinking of switching it up to do maybe 4 days of shredding pow, and then 4 days riding nz on the way home - a lay over if you will. Nice way to break...
  11. dunndog

AM Carbonium Patrolinator Now Built

This mighty steed rocked up today, with its symbiotic mate, Lyrik. First for some Invisi frame treatment, then the build shall commence.. Big thanks to Jonny Sprockets for a killer deal and service, Rod at Supersports for many a tale, and TBC for making the damn thing! Build pics to come...
  12. dunndog

Tommy tape for tubeless?

Yo, I have a couple rolls of Tommy Tape self fusing silicone tape laying around, 25mm width, and wondering if this stuff would work to set up tubeless or if I need to buy a thicker adhesive tape? Have heard gorilla tape is pretty good, if I did a tight double wrap of tommy tape would it provide...
  13. dunndog

VIC Sold

*RELISTED DUE TO SALE FALLING THROUGH* Item: 2015 Norco Sight C7.2, Large Item Condition: Excellent Location: Melbourne Price:$3800 neg. Reason For Selling: New Ride Pics: Yep Purchased new in June '15 from Yarra Valley Cycles, frame skinned before it was ridden. Spec is stock except...
  14. dunndog

Carbon - frame or wheel set?

Yo, currently stockpiling for an upcoming build from scratch. I'm a fan of Carbon frames, my last 2 have been plastic and I've had no issues. You can definitely feel the difference, across weight, stiffness and efficiency, but to what extent I can't really remember as its been a few years since...
  15. dunndog

VIC Sold in the title

Item: 2015 Norco Sight C7.2, Large Item Condition: Excellent Location: Melbourne Price: PRICE DROP NOW$4200 neg. Reason For Selling: New Ride Pics: *EDIT* Now uploaded in comments after this post. Cheers and apologies.. Purchased new in June '15 from Yarra Valley Cycles, frame skinned...
  16. dunndog

New Lyrik opinions?

Looking into a new 160mm fork, and am considering the new Lyrik. At 150 grams heavier than a pike, but with increased stiffness and reportedly better small bump sensitivity over the pike but with otherwise almost identical performance it seems like a pretty good package for trail duties. I'm...
  17. dunndog

Import Duties querie

Hey all, I have a friend coming from the US, and for various reasons he's going to send his bike over ahead of time rather than bring it with him. He works in an outdoor adventure store over there, so he'll be packing his frame into a bike box and splitting the rest up in another as it's...
  18. dunndog

Sold

Item: Evil Undead, size Large, 2014 Rc4 custom tuned, kashima, 450 lbs spring. Item condition: Great! Location: Melbourne Price: 1900 NO-1600 monies Will also consider exchange for 160mm pike or fox36 Reason for Selling: Buying another Evil enduuuro Additional info: Bought new in 2014...
  19. dunndog

Sold

Item: 2014 Marzocchi 380 forks - 26/27.5 inch wheels Condition: Excellent Item Location: Melbourne Price: $900 plus postage DROP $800 Will also consider exchange for 160mm pike or fox36. Reason For Selling: Splitting dh bike, going full enduurbro Additional Info: 165mm steerer. Included is...
  20. dunndog

VIC please Delete - Splitting and selling

Item: Evil Undead size Large Item Location: Melbourne Condition: Very good, few minor rubs and scrapes but nothing noticeable and purely cosmetic Reason For Selling: Doesn't get ridden enough, funding a camper trailer Price EDIT - SPLITTING Spec: 2014 Undead frame, Large, 2014 RC4 w/Fox...