Search results

1. Toff

Sold SRAM Guide RS F & R $150

PM'd 10 char
  2. Toff

Wanted: Older enduro/ trail frame (Reign X, Enduro etc.)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I pulled the trigger on the Astrix frame linked there last week - couldn't say no to $229 posted for a brand new frame! (even if it is almost a decade old now..)
  3. Toff

Wanted: Older enduro/ trail frame (Reign X, Enduro etc.)

Item: Older style enduro frame, ~5-6in travel Location: TAS, but willing to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on the frame Extra Info: 26", 135mm dropouts and preferably strait steerer tube, though will look at other options. Needs to suit someone ~6'1". I've currently...
  4. Toff

Manitou axle - Sherman, Nixon etc

Item: Manitou Hexlock 20mm axle Location: Tas, willing to pay postage though Price range/Willing to Pay: Ideally less than a brand new one Extra Info: So I've got an old set of Shermans that are sans axle - Could put them to good use if I can source an axle. It is my understanding that...
  5. Toff

Curnutt shock servicing?

G'day all, I've got a couple of Curnutt XTD shocks from the 2:1 mono frames, however they're not working as they should be. Is there anywhere in Aus that would be capable of servicing these particular shocks? I had a quick look on the Foes website and they don't list any Aus based...
  6. Toff

Attorney-General George Brandis set to crack down on illegal downloading

Sorry mate, but that's just not true. Despite only having 2 sample points to work with, a properly designed DAC will be able to recreate the waveform perfectly, all the way up to 22.05Khz (or whatever half the sampling frequency is). If you don't believe me, have a read up on the...
  7. Toff

driftking has shit internet

:cool:
  8. Toff

Home Made Speaker Project

It's kind of hard to quantify exactly, but to me, reference means gear that is designed to reproduce a signal as closely to the original without any distortion or colouration. Obviously it's impossible to achieve exactly this, but with the right gear (not necessarily the most expensive) you can...
  9. Toff

Home Made Speaker Project

Couple of questions; Firstly, how big are you willing to build these? Secondly, what kind of budget are you working on? Third, what's the main use going to be? Mixing moniters? Reference HiFi system?
  10. Toff

Worst movies

Star Wars - I, II and III. Because reasons
  11. Toff

Disney buying the Star Wars empire!

Certainly they're not at the same level as movies like Avatar, but again I come back to my point of effects not being the core of a film. I'd go so far as to say that the original trilogy was more involving than most of the current CGI fests of this era. Even by todays standards, they're...
  12. Toff

Considering the first one was released in 1977, the special effects (not CGI) were pretty groundbreaking. For me the special effects aren't what makes a film, it's the characters and the plot, and in the prequels those two elements were sorely lacking. Sure there were plenty of bright colours...
  13. Toff

Re do the old ones? The original trilogy? You must be mad. The original trilogy was the best thing about star wars. The prequels were a complete dissapointment, and a shining example of why George Lucas shouldn't be given complete control over a movie. I can only hope that any new films made...
  14. Toff

Little Things You Hate

And what, pray tell, are these consequences?
  15. Toff

Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

All the best on a quick recovery mate, sounds like you're lucky to be alive!
  16. Toff

Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

Christ.. How'd you fair from that?
  17. Toff

Playstation 3 Thread

So I managed to source another HDD and plug it in. Turned out I had to put the latest update onto a flash drive and plug that into the PS3, and from there it was supposed to copy the files to the HDD then install itself. Well it transferred fine, but when it tries to install the update it...
  18. Toff

Playstation 3 Thread

Is it just a case of whack the new drive in and it'll format itself? Like a plug and play deal?
  19. Toff

Playstation 3 Thread

So my hard drive just cracked the shits and went and corrupted itself.. Is fixing it as easy as finding another 2.5" SATA drive and plugging it in, or am I missing something important?
  20. Toff

Little Things You Hate

I'm still struggling to see how any electrical device would cause extra fuel to be used. If there is a drain on the electrical system, the alternator will not spin any faster to put more charge into the system, it spins at whatever speed the engine is. So if the engine doesn't have an extra load...