Search results

1. Spike-X

VIC SOLD

Having upgraded to the new model, it's time to let this one make someone as happy as it's made me over the last four years. It's poppy, it's playful, and it will put a smile on your face with every ride. Item: Norco Sight A7.1 27.5" Large 2017 model Location: Geelong (pickup preferred, can...
  2. Spike-X

AM Norco Sight A1 29er 2021

Had a small windfall this week, which allowed me to finally get the new Sight I've been dreaming about for a while. FRAME: Aluminum All-Mountain, 150mm Travel, 29" FORK: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RC2, 160mm, Charger 2, 42mm Offset (29") REAR SHOCK: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, DebonAir 2...
  3. Spike-X

VIC LaPierre Zesty TR329 SOLD

Item: LaPierre Zesty TR329 2015 Large 120mm f/r Location: Geelong - pickup preferred, or can deliver to Geelong area Item Condition: A bit scuffed, but well maintained and cleaned regularly Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Price and price conditions: $1200, selling as full bike only...
  4. Spike-X

AM Norco Torrent A2 2021

It followed me home, can I keep it? I've been wanting to get a new general-purpose hardtail for a while. Started looking in earnest last night. Was thinking Norco Storm for a while, then decided the Fluid HT1 would be more suitable. Went to the LCS to see if there were any available, and this...
  5. Spike-X

What, The Forums Haven't Exploded?

MTBDirect have Banshee frames for 40% off!
  6. Spike-X

Red Bull Hardline

Anyone going to be watching this? Looks like it's going to be dry for once, which will make for some decent racing.
  7. Spike-X

LOST Helmet and Gloves - Eumeralla

So I seem to have misplaced my red Specialized open-face helmet, and black Fox gloves. Last time I took them off was at the Hurst Rd carpark of the Eumeralla (Anglesea) trails. Anyone seen them?
  8. Spike-X

AM NS Eccentric ALU

Bought this one 2nd hand off a mate, and it arrived from SA yesterday. It would have been easier for him to accept my offer before he moved, but nooooo...anyway! Frame: NS Bikes 6061 T6 custom formed and butted tubes - Fork: X-Fusion Velvet RL 27.5, 15mm axle, 130mm travel - Headset: FSA semi...
  9. Spike-X

Hope bleed kit?

I'm thinking about getting some Hope brakes for the Sight, as the stock Guide Rs aren't impressing me at all. I also have an Avid/Sram bleed kit on the way. Any chance this would be cross-compatible?
  10. Spike-X

Better substitute for GatorPowerAde?

I love downing a Brand Name Sports Drink after a long ride, but the bloody things are 40% sugar, which isn't really helping with the stated goal. What's a better alternative that will replace the essentials without making me a candidate for the ol' Type 2?
  11. Spike-X

AM Norco Sight A7.1

I demo'ed one of these a couple of months ago, and had to have one! I've had a couple of rides at the Youies so far, and it's a whole lot of fun. * It's had a couple of upgrades (in bold), see most recent post for pics FRAME Sight 650B aluminum 140 mm travel FORK Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm RL...
  12. Spike-X

XC Specialized 'StumpCarver' 29er

Yep, that's what I'm calling it. Most of the parts from my 2012 Carve Expert transferred to a, frankly, scarily light Stumpjumper HT frame after my old frame cracked. Edit: Upgraded parts in bold. Frame - Specialized Stumpjumper HT Rear shock - No Front shock/fork - Recon Silver TK SA SL 29...
  13. Spike-X

AM LaPierre Zesty TR329 2015

Ex-demo model, so I got it for a decent price. Frame - ZESTY TRAIL 29'' ALLOY SUPREME 6 OST+® 120mm Rear Travel Size L Rear shock - FOX FLOAT CTD EVOLUTION LV 184x44mm Front shock/fork - ROCKSHOX RECON 29'' SOLO AIR 120mm 15QR TAPERED Handlebars - Easton Havoc carbon 750 mm Stem - Nukeproof...
  14. Spike-X

XC Specialized Carve Expert 29er 2012

This is what I've been riding around on for the last four years. After a full service, including new chain and tyres, I finally took it out to the Youies for some actual mountain biking around the Kurrajong tracks, and it goes alright! Frame - Yes Rear shock - No Front shock/fork - Recon Silver...
  15. Spike-X

Possible Malware issue with Rotorburn?

Howdy ho, Could any friendly mods and/or admins check this out please? I got this alert when I tried to log in to the forums just now. I'm using Linux so I'll probably be right, but those less fortunate souls using Windows may not be so lucky.
  16. Spike-X

STOLEN Three Norcos

What a crappy way to return here after so long away. Bike: Norco Fireball (was originally an '07 Charger, but I had to get a new frame) Colour: Metallic orange Specs: XT rear, black RockShox Tora fork, Hayes HFX-9 brakes, red rims Bike: Norco Six Three 2008 Colour: pale green Specs...
  17. Spike-X

Critical Manners

Full story here. Sounds like a good idea. I know a bloke who lives in Vancouver, and apparently the Critical Mass group there have a habit of making complete and utter c-words of themselves. How these idiots think they're actually helping the cause is beyond me.
  18. Spike-X

Anyone Who Was At Apollo Bay Last Sunday...

...might have seen me wandering around, moaning and feeling sorry for myself after coming off on my first run for the day (I was the guy with the pale green Norco Six Three). Got my X-ray results back today, and it turns out I fractured a rib. Which didn't stop me from doing three more runs...
  19. Spike-X

Apollo Bay - Sunday 28th

Yes, another one! I might even been able to make it this time!